How to NOT get the +acc perk on fighters

In short: not really :smiley:

Firespark added this hallowed perk thing as a sticky note. It is either as you said, that the data is differently used in the code or as firespark thinks: Its a bug.

Because how much HP does your Dalinsia now have?
Arnos Preyfinder with 20k should not happen (like in a devstream). Probably FC never fixed this bugā€¦

1 Like

Ask me again when Iā€™m not at work :stuck_out_tongue: But I think it was close to 17k. Not sure. Iā€™ll try to remember to check it and answer later.

1 Like

Read the pinned comment below the video, he explains that the 5k is Base Health, not Max, and since no thralls have over 5k Base they are all eligible for the perk.

Also, the majority of perks on the list require less than 9 for a stat not to roll, and itā€™s unlikely that will happen by 20.

As you are the one asking for a sample size of 200,000 or 2 million then yes, it would fall on you to provide said proof.

Absolutely agree with you there. 18 is FAR to low of a sample size.

Never suggested he was.

Uh, guys, I just wanna make one thing clear: Iā€™m not attacking Firespark. Heā€™s awesome and I admire him. I watched the video before he added the note and I definitely wasnā€™t saying heā€™s wrong about everything or that anything related to this is his fault :wink:

What I was trying to do is explain that the data you can see with the devkit is not enough to reason correctly about the whole game with 100% certainty :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also watched the video before the sticky note and got even lectured about it, when I spread this false informationā€¦

And as you said, he could still ā€œreadā€ the data wrong. But currently it kinda looks like he explained in the video, which bases on some devkit data/properties (which can change with every update).

And just to make it clear, Iā€™m not defending Firespark.

He has his moments, and when I started my current server many moons ago with two new players that asked me for a YouTube recommendation, I sucked in my breath and said ā€œConan doesnā€™t have that many great YouTube channels, but Firespark occasionally has some good information.ā€ Recently he and I have had it out in the comments section over some info he put in, but I think his last damage video shows a good turn-around towards the old numbers videos where he actually understands the topic about which he is making content.

The one one perks had some severe inaccuracies, and part of the problem is his showing where he got that data and how it is used. I was just pointing out that the inaccuracy of the 5k health limitation was already pointed out by the man himself.

1 Like

Following up, as promised:

And Iā€™ll add that I got that perk on an Erii who was out in his guard uniform (+7 Vitality Yamatai and a Yogite mask) being leveled at the time:

I did a brief qualitative confidence test. The evidence supports that Armor bonuses cannot exclude you from receiving an Accuracy perk on a fighter.

Methods used were Admin panel, the LevelFollowerUpTo command, and the SetFollowerStat command.

I generated two populations with n=4 of Cimmerian Berserkers (so 8 total)

The first set I configured to be Level 9 with statistics of Str 15, Agi 11, Vit 30, Acc 7, and Survival 11. These were then given Flawless Pictish Wizard armor for a total Accuracy of 16

The second set I configured to be Level 9 with statistics of Str 15, Agi 11, Vit 30, Acc 11, and Survival 11. These received no armor.

All were leveled up to 10.

The sample size was too small to say if any perks were prevented, but one of my four Acc 16 berserkers received Archer +3 Accuracy. No other candidate in the test received the perk.

And that, also, was the entirety of the point I was making.

1 Like

And both of you were entirely correct.

But, more importantly, can you get the dev kit without having the game on pc?

I think so, yes. The game is purchased from Steam while (IIRC) you get the DevKit via the Epic Launcher. Admittedly, itā€™s been a long while since I poked around it.

@LostInTim yep the dev kit is free and close to 200 gb. Anyone can download it.

Awesome thanks, canā€™t wait to do some digging!

i spawned some berserks in singleplayer.

This level up with rng elements is a mess. With Equipped +9 Acc armor, the beserk often gets a +acc perk.
Lot of trys, the beserks strenght has not been increased even with 85% chance.

Feels like Pokemon, to catch a variant with a high potential value >_<

We have a Lv7 Berserk on Server, heā€™s the BOSS and slaughter right through asgarth without any problems but its a mess for me, if a melee then it must have useful stats xD

Iā€™m beginning to wonder if that % chance means what itā€™s supposed to mean. Weā€™ve been getting through our 40 archer guards, and the ones with a 45% chance (plus the fish 14) are coming out higher (ignoring perks) than the 60% ones on a fairly regular basis. Granted itā€™s a super small sample size and yes I know how statistics work but with only 12/40 left to level youā€™d think you would see one 60 come out higher than a 45.

The 45% attributes are strange, because they often are higher than 60%ā€¦

If accuracy is at 45%, you get a crap ton of acc, compared to agility at 60%ā€¦ Had this on several thralls.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.