How will you compensate players after the latest buggy release?

@PitMonk he already stated that this is for the devs…and our opinions will not change his mind…(even tho we are right) Hes the typical narrow minded person nowadays that only sees things his way,but yet they preach accaptance.Im done with this idiotic post lol I deal with enough idiots in a day lol.

Your disconnect of logic in this though is simply: Whether people that post these entitlement threads think they are or not, these threads do absolutely nothing to improve the game. You want a better game? me too! I have really been enjoying it, but there’s always room for improvement!

The problem is, ‘Hey! Give me stuff for my time!’ does not make this game better in the slightest. At the worst, its a distraction from the real issues, at best its a means of keeping the community occupied.

The patch could have been implemented better. There are no questions about that. I would put money on the fact, as this is Funcom’s best selling game of all their history, that they are doing everything in their power to resolve the issues that come up like this for the future (business 101). Would make very little sense to see the success of Conan Exiles and then as a company write it off. Clearly all the bugs introduced was a mistake.

That said. This is not a subscription based game. Funcom doesn’t have the resources to give anyone’s stuff back and their time is far better spent working on the current bugs and improving future patches then worrying about how to reimburse self entitled players.

If you are worried about the past and the stuff you lost, read the EULA. You have no ground or entitlement to your virtual items on this game. There is hardly any administration (once again, lack of resources from a non-subscription based game) and there isn’t anyone available to go looking through log files for every player that was slighted…

If you are truly worried about the future and better patches going forward, the argument is essentially:
“Hey Funcom, don’t screw up your patches so badly!” I guess everyone looking to be compensated though feels like they may need to be reminded?

I dunno, maybe they are sadists, don’t care about business at all, and get their kicks from ■■■■■■■■ players over. Does that sound plausible to you?

This is exactly it. I bought the game knowing there would likely be bugs and glitches. (PS4 player) That being said I love this game and the bugs will go away overtime and new ones will come, seems most open world games have issues.

Even if they charged me the 50 and told me it was a bet or alpha quality I would have still gotten it. The entertainment value for 50 is taking the wife to a movie for 2 hours. I have received hundreds of hours (not sure really but I play every night since release)

I have never found a game that can draw you in like this. So many tricks and tips out there to keep everyone busy.

I hate to break it to you, but there are endless, terribly cheap and garbage products out there in every market of the world. There is also limited quality checking on most of these products (save for food in more advanced parts of the world, but that is an aside).

The only thing a company is obligated to provide is the option of purchasing their product/services. It is entirely up to the person with the money in hand to make decisions for him/herself. Placing the evaluation of a product in the business’s own hands will 100% of the time have the business build the product up, truthfully or not. They want to make sales.

That being said, it makes far more sense to make the evaluations yourself. Do you ever demand your money back after watching a cruddy movie at the theaters? We as people consistently buy terrible products simply because there isn’t an obligation, or quality check. And in all honesty, Conan Exiles isn’t a terrible product. I dunno about you, but I have got more time/money/value out of this game then I have any other in a long time.

This ‘obligation’ posters keep mislabeling is nothing more then really just Funcom’s prerogative to keep the game fun enough for people to pay for it. Anything more then that is wishful thinking and nothing more then self entitlement.

Funcom has your money, you have their game. They owe you nothing and their consistent desire to improve and add to the game going forward is already more then we could expect from plenty of other game companies out there.

You’re done but still hear throwing up your idiotic ideas which are having 0 value to me or anyone else. Right or wrong are simple concepts, some delusional people cannot make the difference between them tho. Never saw somebody with such a low iq before but then… this world has to have them all so always people could be amused by the lacks of others!

@TheElephantTowerMan (puts his arm around the young child and wipes his angry tears from his face) “it’s ok,one day you will grow up and understand” I said. Hopefully before it’s too late…

@TheElephantTowerMan
Come and join our community on our private server.

We have a very active server, lots of new players and they are all very nice players.
We have 3 active admins who will sort out issues like your one if/when Funcom mess up the game.

Our server is privately owned (not rented) and is dedicated to run just this ONE game and has been active for over a year now.

Even with the cross words between us - Mostly born from frustration I’m sure, you and your friends would be more than welcome.

If you’d like to visit and give it a try, search for our server in the PVEC list:

The Isle of Pit (PvE-Conflict UK Server)

I’m confident that you’ll have a better experience than in an Official Server

The Isle Of Pit on TopConanServers.com

I don’t disagree with most of your points. I am one of this customers who tend to inform themselves first, hence I am here in this forum.
What I’m trying to say is that while everyone has his share of responibility he can’t escape from when buying a product, I observe a growing tolerance for illbehaving (game) companies. It is getting more and more acceotable to delay stuff, break promises and to realease a game in a crappy state. This may be the new reality and as a customer you certainly do good in being aware of that, but it doesn’t do anyone a favour, except the industry, when the customer slowly acceptingt that as ‘OK’, which is clearly not. Things aren’t getting any better when shifting responsibility from the company to customer. It’s not OK.

I share this sentiment entirely and have said the very same thing in here many times. We wouldn’t tolerate it anywhere else in our lives.

People fight back with the argument that its because software is so complicated and that buyer beware, which is also very true, but the more we tolerate it, the more they seem to do it.

The ONLY way to combat this trend with software companies is to not buy their products, but too many will continue to do so, catch 22.

I am not trying to be obtuse, I swear, but I have a hard time seeing your standpoint.

At the risk of giving away my age, I remember a time when games came out and customers had absolutely no input on them. A game was produced, people played them. The bad games just sorta disappeared quickly from view. Then again, social media wasn’t so widespread and everyone wasn’t a such self proclaimed critic yet.

As someone that grew up watching the big changes in game production, I can’t say I have noticed a growing tolerance for poor production. If anything, customers have more input, and game developers listen far more to people now more then ever in how things are designed. In fact, so much so, sometimes its a glaring issue in my mind. WoW was essentially the root of this change. Before that game, developers never included their player-base to that degree in developing their game. Now the practice is widespread.

I think the main problem with this last patch in Conan was essentially a problem with just that topic. They had a massive patch (which any programmer knows is much harder to keep bug free then smaller changes/patches). They announced that it wasn’t ready and they wanted to push it back to August for further testing and the community back lashed. People get up in arms about false promises and other such garbage and Funcom made a gut decision on the backlash and pushed the patch early, which turned out to be a mistake and now they are getting crucified for that.

@Lexior1 Mate I hate to break your world… But what you type here has nothing related to the topic and to be honest sounds really pathetic. Aren’t you ashamed of what you’re throwing up here? LMAO xD

It’s still their fault for not testing well enough such a big patch before releasing it. Nobody else could do this besides them… and to be honest this avalanche of bugs pretty much cut my pleasure of playing at the point I log in just to not let the building decaying… They need to be aware of what such a reckless idea could do, it’s nobody else’s fault than theirs. They’ve listened the community to do this and now they left in vacation letting us to deal with the dozens of bugs for weeks. Does this seems like a serious company? If they are so good at listening why nobody listens us now? Nothing changes from one day to another just maybe more bugs are appearing…

The answer is THEY WON’T. Sane people understand that and don’t feel so entitled that they think they should be reimbursed for time “wasted” playing a video game.

If they suddenly took down one of the official servers, forever, would you expect to be reimbursed for all the time you spent playing on it? If your answer is “yes” then please seek professional mental counseling.

I do feel entitled to get a decent game, polished and without bugs and failures after early access finished so I can have fun and have something in return for my time and money invested in game. If they will close a server without announcing yeah again would be their fault as well. You cannot fail on people’s money or time, here or anywhere else in a business based on real money. If you do believe that I should not get anything in return for money and time invested and spent in this game then I wonder why you’re not under treatment yet for your mental disorder. You may pose a treat for the society, you should get some help!

you need help… you have been going on about this way to long. If you don’t like the game please quit.

And there is this part in the EULA:

“THE GAME MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS AND DEFECTS. ACCORDINGLY, THE GAME IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS, DEFECTS AND ERRORS, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.”

You agreed to the EULA, like everyone else, when you purchased the game.

This doesn’t mean I am not allowed to expect them do repair their mistakes or have some planning for the future so this won’t happen anymore. If the bugs are in 1st day of patch it’s ok but if already weeks are passing and nothing changes this is already outrageous! Also they knew this patch will produce tons of bugs if will be applied for pc versions and yeah… they still did it. So I have all my rights to expect explanations and see that the game will change in a better way for future or if I should stop playing it to not bother anymore, ain’t it?

I will go as long as I want and until I will see something changing within game and I will eventually get some answers from devs. If you don’t like my posts please quit reading them on this forum!

Expecting anything back monetarily is kind of silly imo, and we DID get the option to receive the next DLC for free. I agree that Funcom screwed up by caving to the vocal minority who pressured them to release the patch before it was ready, they should have held their ground and waited to patch. There’s a new temp bug that kills me at server start up without fail, and I’ve lost tons and tons and tons of good loot and full sets of obsidian and silent legion. I’ve sort of just set the game down for now, but I in no way expect compensation.

I’ve gotten plenty of hours out of this game, and will happily revisit it when they get their stuff a little more in order. It’s a fantastic game that really just needs more time in development. The only compensation I expect is that they stick with the game and keep fixing and improving it as time goes.