HP regen - This game is satisfying again :)

Most games where it is player vs AI (PvE), there are difficulty levels. Even many of the titles where there is a single player and multiplayer mode, the single player mode will still have difficulty levels.
Not the PvP community’s fault that this wasn’t the game design for CE.

1 Like

3rd tic vitality has always been enough for me even when it got nerfed. I understand that things go slower as a solo player, but between ambrosia, aloe pots, herbal tea, healing arrows, aloe soup, and haunch. There seem to be plenty of options for health regen. I see the third perk vitality as a supplemental regen that keeps you from dying when you get in a really bad situation (I just fell naked and all I can find to eat is bugs…let me stand here for a while and regroup), not my main source of regen. I would hope that is the intent of passive regen but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, the animations are feeling strange for 1h and 2h sword. You have so big pause between the combos?!

And 1 time I made a 1h combo so fast, it was for sure not intended… I was finished with a 4-light attack combo at the same time I am normaly at my 2nd swing… But it only happened 1 time yesterday.

BUT: This was the only time, I felt really powerful… This slow swings are… Kinda unrealistic.

Nope, it must be bugged. I was fighting the skeletal boss right next to the obelisk in unamed city. He hit me, i healed full, he hit me again, i healed full again. The regen started immdiatlely. Later on at the mounds i was attacked by a cook and had bleed on me. I was healing thriugh the bleed.

This is exactly as i see the 3rd Vit perk. It is for those moments where you screwed up. It should not be for creating a tank and button mash combat. that is what the 4th perk is for lol. Plus with the soothing, it never took me long even with just haunch or meaty mashup (+10 thirst as well!!) to get back into combat level health. For PVP, the pots and/or aloe soup are needed, other than that, i ran around with meaty mashup, 2 skins, and a bed roll when doing some npc combat.

1 Like

This is the point. It doesn’t make the game any more difficult, just less exiting.
Not so much about the grind for me, I’ve got fridges full of heals.

For me it’s the time waste between battles. I only run on 40 vit in the harder dungeons so when clearing assgarth, the mounds, volcano or sepers it takes twice as long due to having to stop to heal.

There definitely should be some sort of delay on when the healing starts, as it shouldn’t help you survive in combat. But when out of combat, 2 per tick should heal you as you move on to the next battle.

But something is amiss.

My ping finally lowered enough to log on and I strolled across the bridge of the betrayer in epic Hyperborean/barbarian and got to the other side with a full bar of health so a longer delay in healing is definitely needed.

2 Likes

It looks like it ignores the dmg from environmental stuff completely and heals you through it…

Wasn’t my experience. I only tested it on fall damage (limited time), but whenever I took damage, it would take a short while before healing kicked in. Presumably anything that was regularly dealing damage would indefinitely delay healing start - or at least that’s the way it should be.

So if there’s a bug where healing starts instantly / keeps going even though you just took damage, I’d say fix that before messing with the heal amount itself. In a PVP environment, needing to keep the pressure on to prevent healing is (or should be) part of the challenge after all.

2 Likes

Yeah I wholeheartedly agree with you there. Having to stand around and eat some 20 Grilled Steaks in between encounters just detracts from the games momentum. The perk itself provides no advantages during combat.

Again I agree HonkyLips. It should minimise the time between encounters, not provide in combat healing. It shouldnt function during combat, period. It must have picked up a bug when Funcom tweaked it.

6 Likes

While I don’t think any lvl 60 should eat grilled steaks over roasted haunches, I would be ok with +2 from fierce vitality and +1 from soothing when in this state only.

I typically take a full stack of each with me, in addition to other healing supplements. However, because Haunch takes more time to procure and does a better job of healing, I usually save the Roast Haunch for encounters with groups and tougher enemies/bosses. There is no point chewing through all of our good ‘health packs’ when the danger is off and we are just standing there, or our character is simply hungry.

Honestly Narelle, I would even support 1 HP per second each for Soothing and Fierce Vitality. This would basically equate to pre-nerf regeneration values. But Im willing to roll with it.

I like the meaty mashup, since you just need feral and savory flesh to craft it and you can get that everywhere.

I think the problem that got fixed was Soothing healing 5 points every second instead of 1 point every 5 seconds

A bit of an overstatement their. 20 x 40 HP per would be 800. At 50 in vit you carry about 600 HP. Even with a sepcial health buff, 700. So even if you drop to 1 HP, the most you would need is 15, probably less due to the perks of 4 and 5 plus 1 or 2 aloe potions. Probably less than 1 minute tio fully regen if you got ganked by NPCs. But realistically, one would bail before they get down to 25% of bar.

So, If you are doing 20, you are trying to stack, and it doesn’t work with food alone. It just resets the health regen timer every piece you eat.

Just want to make sure hyperbole doesn’t rule the facts. It is human nature. When night comes on CE at the worst time, i would swear it is 45 minutes long, but in reality, it is the sense of urgency that makes it seem like forever. Same goes for healing when you get tanked by NPC’s. Because you are trying to clear it as quickly as possible, time seems to slow down when healing.

And to counter, just harvest haunch (80 HP per,), or at worse meaty mashup (60 HP per plus 10 thirst!!!). Heal faster, and just as easy to get as grilled steaks.

the passive regen should not be your main heal when/after fighting. It is for when you screw up and miss a cliff on short jumps, and allows you while still traveling to gain back some if not all the HP.

1 Like

So seems that the vitality regen now is +1 every second and +1 every second from the soothing buff. Sounds good to me.

3 Likes

I cant say that I have tried meaty mashup, however I will give it a go, as generally speaking my Feral Flesh just gets fed to my animals in the Animal Pen.

In my experiences Bandages arent worth the effort. Between Grilled Steaks, Roast Haunches, Aloe Extract and Ambrosia, I have more than enough healing items blowing my spare Encumberance as it is. But I appreciate the suggestion. Besides, with the new 1:1 regeneration (Fierce Vitality & Soothing) coming, Ill be happy enough.

Sounds ideal to me too Narelle.

EDIT: I have just downloaded the new update today (I have been away), a holy free holys, I see what you all mean about the current state of Soothing! I couldnt even give the Meaty Mashup a go; my health didnt even go down enough. :laughing: Bring on the hotfix!

Bandages are for dealing with the bleeds. Getting a stack of 5 bleeds and 5 poison while at quarter health requires you getting rid of both if you intend to live.

Bandages for Bleed.
Antidotes for Poison.
Haunch for heals.
Herbal tea for extra heal and stamina regain.

Bleeding was changed, as I have noticed the duration dropping from 15 or so seconds down to 3 or 4, due to the attribute perk. I am not sure that was intended or not (as happens with most things in game :slight_smile: ). Maybe the perks are now working or they are bugged, who knows. In any case bandages are of little use whatsoever, I’ve used them maybe once or twice in real situations in game, other than for testing purposes. Once I found out their effects, I discarded using them completely.

1 Like

Herbal tea + roasted haunch + vitality perk 4 = heal to full in less than 10 seconds. There is no need to increase passive regeneration to avoid downtime.

1 Like

It’s fine… health regen sux again. Gonna let everyone enjoy their tea-dium. I’m done here.

2 Likes