Human kills are not registering for challenge completion

Platform: PC
Storefront: Steam
Issue Type: Battle Pass
Game Mode: Single Player
Server Type: PvE

Human kills are no longer registering for challenge completion. This includes any challenges to kill faction members as well. Kills on wildlife are still working fine, collections are fine, boss kills and travel challenges are all good. I first encountered the problem when I traveled to the ruins of al-Merayah to kill dogs of the desert. After two kills, the counter would stop increasing. I’ve reset the game, and rerolled challenges and now have come to one to kill relic hunters, which does not register for any kills. I traveled to the eastern edge of the unnammed city to kill the ones next to the stairs, and also killed some at sepermeru to no avail.

I cannot think of any actions or changes made before this. I have been using admin teleport frequently. I have tried different weapons, have a thrall with me and not, and resetting the game.

I’m hoping that it’s a problem that will solve itself with time. I imagine Funcom has added some sort of measures to prevent players from simply modifying data to complete challenges instantly, and I believe the issue would be stemming from that system.

1 Like

I have been experiencing the same problem. I have noticed that Sorcerer NPCs seem to count more often than not.
Are you running any mods? I am wondering if one might be messing with the a list somewhere.

1 Like

Just so you know it is working on ps4

Thanks. Unless there is something radically different between the PS4 and PC builds, that suggests to me that my suspicion it might be a mod issue may be correct. (My understanding is that there are no PS4 mods, happy to be corrected if I’m wrong).

If the OP can confirm if they’re running mods that might help identify which one.

Greetings PainKnight!
Welcome back to our forums and thank you for reporting the situation regarding the challenge.

As many players have already stated, there is indeed a possibility that mods are interfering with the challenge completion, if you’re indeed using them.
If you are, delete the following file: Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods\modlist.txt and manually unsubscribed from all your Conan modes. This will guarantee that mods are not loaded.

Let us know if it worked for you PainKnight!
Thank you in advance, and thank you for all the players who’ve replied as well!

I found what was causing it in on my server was a mod that altered the gender balance of npc spawns.

It was a mod, though I believe there is also some Funcom server lag in registering steps or kills. I had a butchering challenge today that I couldn’t get to register until it suddenly counted all my steps at once and completed.

Also, it’s a new feature, hard to expect it to work 100% perfectly 100% of the time. I do like the challenges, though I wish there were more so it didn’t become so repetitive.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.