I don't get the PvE vs PvP distinction on this forum

You suggested “Casual Mode” as a way for PvE players to have different rules from PvP players.

PvE-C is both PvP and PvE. If only PvP and PvE rules exist, then you end up with either PvE players dealing with PvP rules, or PvP players dealing with PvE rules.

So, it doesn’t work. You’d need a third set that was in the middle between the PvP and PvE rulesets, to be used on PvE-C servers.

Everything in this world is “us” vs. “them”, in one way or another. I live in the USA as well, and I think it’s a lot of BS as well. But that is the world we live in, and it’s not changing anytime soon.

Casual Mode works fine for players who are single player offline, or on a PvE server. But stick that as how a PvE-C operates, and you honestly think those who like the PvP on it aren’t going to complain?

You can’t simply make this a “one set of rules for PvE, one set of rules for PvP” work, when you have mixed servers that feature both.

s’okay buddy cloud gaming with a USB size stick will solve our problems, ty Mr. Bezos

But it’s still not hard to run in circles around mobs while healing. It didn’t screw with healing in general, it screwed with a slack mode “I’m too lazy to go use a cleaver on a bunch of baby dragons once in a while” heal…

1 Like

If the PvE crowd had more toys to play with that are irrelevant/ doesn’t affect the PvP crowd, nobody would mind the mutual tether.

Examples of these toys would be client-only cosmetic system, PIN chests, Vendor Thralls, Alliance system (friendly build proximity) and so much more… Then PvE crowd really won’t give a crap about the bloodied spear being nerfed, because there’d be much more substance to the game than just murdering things and building decorations.

The differentiation between PvE and PvP crowd is this: Soldier vs Engineer.

One could argue we are all combat engineers. Sure. But preferences are still there.

I don’t like fighting with other people. Period. I solve everything diplomatically.

I love the security of a PvE environment, whereas a PvP player needs the “panic monster” in them to wake them out of procrastination.

I would like to see FC doing this on PvP servers: Add an animation for using consumables, a quick one, drinking/eating would start an animation that can be cancelled with dodge or attack, while the animation performs you can’t sprint, but you’re moving as if you were tired.

I bet, once this happen, a lot of PvE players would be complaining why only PvP got it, because healing adds another layer of challenge (and immersion) with animations, it adds depth to the gameplay, making it more interesting because of actions and choices, like chess.

That victory you had over a boss, after minutes of fight, running and hiding for healing, while he was being slow and dumb to find you, and yet you could slain him, victorious, the feeling can’t match with one on instant heals. You “outplayed” even more the A.I, thats why I think this game is too easy, you have poor A.I, and instant heals.

1 Like

What is this thread have become !

1. There is no group, only individual with diferent sensibility around the game. So calling someone a pvp or a Pve archetype is stupid (but not if the player define himself like it).
    Sure there are the category in game, but yet, there is also a lot of diverse mechanic and content that revolve around both of them
  2. Nobody care about diferent level of knowledge a player can have on another one. Of course the game will seem hard for a new player and easy for a one year+ Exile
  3. I love pvp, but i’ve spend countless hours reading scroll & object description, but i’ve did dungeon for their ambiences, but i play wisouth thrall, but i’ve found unfair the amound of heal provide in game (food/pot’s/LBS), but i have raid, but i’m a lone wolf, but i’m a nobody.
    This, is not just me, anyone of you enjoy diferent thing in the game, maybe not all, maybe for some it seem painfull to even play, but there are some thing that keep you in here.

I’m not only a pvp player. I’m just a player who wan’t a good game to spend time on. And sorry if it hurt the gameplay loop of some, but i don’t think a game should hold that mutch the hand in regard of his PvE content.
The base design was a multiplayer survival sandbox, therefore it should be logic that solo player would have to struggle more in order to complete the game, cleand dungeon, be on pair with 5 man clan.

To me, Insta heal / rock kite / Op Thrall should disapear as well as atribute bonus on armor, starmetal tier and explosive because this way the game would be less about fast grind and big settlement and more about planification and strategy (but this is only my opinion, NOT something i wan’t to impose on other)

To sumarise, we have to see outside of our own experience, and look what other have do with the game if we wan’t to understand it and be constructive.

P.s : Rp serv anyone ? War declaration, beautifull base and fair fight, respect on the destruction and a LOT of tavern evening and “did you saw my new decoration” discution^^

luv to iou :wink:

1 Like

Can we just create a new section on the forum where we can dump all these endless PVP vs PVE arguments? Arguments repeated by the same people from all the other identical threads? All of them. Minds changed? 0.

2 Likes

But any dungeon is easily soloable… I completed warmaker dungeon the day after I got to 60 on a new server

What is easy for you is not necessarily easy for everyone. Not everyone is equally skilled, and some of us have various disabilities. Saying that something is “easy” is basically saying that those who are unable to do it simply suck at it.

That said, Solo/Co-op mode difficulty can be adjusted using the various sliders in the Admin panel, so even mediocre players like myself have a fighting chance against most things in the game.

1 Like

Getting a relic hunter thrall is easy… Just go on a ledge and use blunted arrows if you have problems… Then craft it a heavy armor or go to mounds and farm a free cimmerian heavy… With this legendary creatures are easy… Get a 2h weapon for the thrall from them… If you want to be careful craft a cheap bow, some healing arrows and some random arrows to pull from a distance…

With this gear you can kill pretty much any boss without a problem, you only have to pull with bow and avoid boss until thrall gets agro…

Now you can go to warmaker dungeon, kill first bosses to get key to second area… Be careful to avoid the traps
. Farm the wight boss that drops annihilator and world breaker. I got 2 of each in 7 kills

Now you can literally kill anything without problems… You only need healing arrows for the thralls if you plan to kill a lot of bosses in a row. Your own gear doesn’t even matter as long as you can avoid the boss until the thrall gets agro

It really is easy. It doesn’t take skill, it takes planning

2 Likes

I can second this one.

The most dangerous parts of the dungeon are probably the traps and the arena champion. Traps can be easily avoided, just watch where you step and pull the mobs where there are no traps (plenty of spots to do so). The pressure plates look like regular t2 foundations and the traps are either spikes or round explosive ones.

The arena champion can hit really hard and she is probably the only boss which can kill your thrall, if you don’t assist. Simply don’t get hit and let the thrall do the job. I went with 40 vitality (for the hp/heal) + medium flawless armor (for the rolls) and I was able to take a hit without being one shot (20-25% left). If you get hit, just run away and heal up before engaging again. You can assist the thrall with daggers to speed up the kill but you don’t have to, you can stay and heal from safety.

Once you get one of the 2 weapons mentioned by @idjiit, the arena champion dies in about 30s. It literally melts.

If you don’t rush the dungeon and pay attention, it took 5 roasted haunches / herbal teas + 10ish healing arrows to complete the dungeon without having the weapons. Once I got the hammer (still don’t have the 2h sword), it took me no more than 3 healing arrows in total.

I am sorry but after doing this dungeon on official settings a couple of times without much issues, I can hardly see how people can still claim that it is not possible to be done solo and keep calling it 5-man dungeon.

4 Likes

Agreed, the only thing that makes warmaker dungeon “hard” is that you kinda expect to be able to rush everything in the game

1 Like

I am with mixed feelings about pvp/pve. It feels good at first when you finally get the weapon and/or thralls you want. Then everything becomes a walk in the park to the point that it gets boring. You have no reason to farm anymore besides to collect them all in pve.

Then the nerf hits. It sucks that your favourite toy is taken away but now you have to come up with a new strategy or farm for the new best. The old ones even nerfed will still do the job just won’t be as good as the new ones.

I dislike that my spear gets nerfed because of pvp but now I get to use other weapons too. I still like my spear though.

I generally don’t mind pvp and the nerfing which comes with it but I hate the toxicity and the pvpers sense of superiority. PvP brings the worse in people. Some would do anything to “win”. Glitch, exploit, ddos, trash talk. However, if you have had a good fight and you came victorious because you were better (not because you exploited more) or simply managed to hold your opponents off, it is so satisfying. It helps you get motivated to do the grind over and over again.

PvPers do PvE because they have to but they prefer to PvP over PvE. PvE-C prefer to PvE but don’t mind PvP. PvE don’t want to PvP at all and they do PvE because this is what they enjoy doing.

In order to make both sides happy, we need to be able to split pvp dmg and pve dmg. I don’t know why it was not coded this way to begin with. As long as we have one number it is very hard to balance anything without drastic changes.

The reason more pvp players call for nerfs is (or should be, sometimes it’s just selfish reasons like "I don’t want to change, make it fit me, I don’t like this, I can’t read ingame descriptions or wikis, blah) to keep the imbalances in check. Basically, PvP tattle tales on itself whereas AI doesn’t get the chance to post it’s complaints on the forums. They don’t get the chance to complain about cheese heals but I know they would if they could. They would scream about spear range, stun lock, too powerful, etc. They would DEFINETLY want the SoC and Lifeblood Spears nerfed. I know this is getting silly, but absurdity to illustrate the point.

1 Like

I personally hate spear and love that combat has more options now, but of course I understand that it sucks to have your favorite weapon type nerfed. Spear still works though, so in my opinion it’s not super bad.

I just don’t understand when people act like the game is destroyed because they have to eat / drink for heals or because they have to use something else instead of SoC. If bossed were super hard or had enrage timers I’d understand, but as it is the only difference is you spend a little extra time

Ofc it sucks if you spend ages farming it, but imo it’s just a risk of this type of online game… Something better always comes along

They said group focused, not 5 man and it doesn’t matter what they said, you can solo it pretty much as a fresh lvl 60 without much effort… And no the bosses doesn’t take longer than most other bosses, but yeah, there’s 7 so it takes a little bit of time to complete.

1 Like

I don’t get why you get so hung up on what they call it instead of seeing it for what it is. If a FC dev gives you a spoon and calls it a fork, would you walk around calling it a fork and correcting everyone who says otherwise?

2 Likes

Multiplayer game, correct.

So, it was not intended to be multiplayer? Im confused.

Okay, I’ll recap.

It seems to me that you contradicted yourself there, it was not about the fork,spoon or rose, whatever, I know its about the dungeon, so in one sentense you say that you’re frustated for something being created for multiplayer, and next you say that it shouldnt be intended for that?