I had to downgrade my review of Conan Exiles on steam

You don’t need to. The announcement of a new expansion and the current state of the game says a lot.

1 Like

Lol. Yeah as long as that list is it is very incomplete. What about when the thralls teleport on top of you creating the super Mario effect (crushed to death). Thralls getting stuck in the mesh, resource nodes, building pieces, placeables, dead bodies, etc. or enemies that will take no damage unless you lock on to them. Or when the city-sized bosses stomp your thrall into ground first hit. Game crashing at the obelisk, that’s always fun. Or taking damage from the noxious gas even though you’ve had a mask on the whole time. Or how sometimes you can’t get a thrall to move or pull it’s weapon out while other times it will teleport right into an enemy base. Then there’s the thralls being unable to navigate through multiple door frames or unable to attack anything that’s only waist high off the ground. Loot which will turn invisible in your inventory as soon as you pick it up. The ability to queue multiple god biubbles with only enough zeal for one ( does this work with summoning the gods too?) Also the elevators…you know what I’m talking about.

I think everyone should get in on this one. This could be a really really long thread

3 Likes

i think this was funcoms first crack at the unreal engine… right guys? um thats me playin defense.

I wish I had the energy to type up my opinions right now, I’ve voiced my opinion on this matter too much recently on here and being ignored by the “community support team” has really been getting me down lately. Thank you so much for expressing you’re feelings in a clear and calm way, it’s helped me relax knowing someone else is as passionate. Seeing the Conan Twitter account today made me feel sick… Literally. How can they be so arrogant for such a terrible company.

2 Likes

They literally just locked the thread someone started about not being able to get hyped about expansion announcement, my disgust for this company grows by the hour. Im gonna reach out to some of the bigger youtube creators who run pieces on this kind of behavior within the gaming industry, this community is probably too small to peak their interest but its worth a shot.

2 Likes

Except they didn’t lock it because he said he was not able to get hyped about expansion, but because he said he would go to Reddit to tryo to incite a boycott against Funcom. I understand it might be too much work to go read the rules they linked in the post where they said they had to close the thread, but is it also too hard to be honest?

FWIW, I understand how WMHB feels and I agree with a lot of what he said, but I don’t agree with his idea of boycott – those rarely ever work – and I definitely don’t think he was going to achieve anything by posting about it.

So you don’t agree with boycotts so that means everybody should feel the same way, is it to hard to be objective. These are not just forums they are what passes as customer support for this 2 bit company so they either 1- communicate with they’re customers or 2- grow up and learn to take criticism since there is lots to be critical about right now. They can’t have it both ways and that post should never have been locked nor should the other 2 he locked since.

There was nothing dishonest about my post and maybe just maybe if people stopped apologizing for funcom things may actully improve because as it stands they obviously feel there is no improvement needed.

2 Likes

Hey everybody,

Please, keep it civil. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The fact that I personally disagree with boycotts has nothing to do with why the post was closed. The post was closed because of the forum rules. You know, the rules that I linked to in my reply to you, the ones you didn’t bother to read just like most of my reply? Those rules.

The dishonesty comes from misrepresenting the situation: you intentionally made it sound like the thread was closed because of criticism, and not because it was against the forum rules.

1 Like

I’ve been playing Conan a lot lately and I have not experienced the plethora of bugs you mentioned. Some yes, but most no.

Are there bugs still, yes. Are they game breaking and deserving of all the hate. I really don’t think so. This game has come a loooong way in the past 2 years and keeps on getting better.

“Hate” is a strong word. How about “frustration”? How about “frustration that keeps accumulating over time”? :wink:

Few, maybe even none, of the bugs in this thread are game breaking. Yeah, sure, I can ignore floating on top of my floors and stairs after logging in. My axe combo sent up gouts of blood on each of the four hits, but only one dealt damage? So what, I can keep attacking. King Rhino killed my horse because we got stuck in its head and my thrall was stuck to a small tree? Eh, it’s fine, I can get another horse with the same looks and stats eventually. Is there a bunch of walls or roofs missing from my base after every server reboot? I can fix it by adding unnecessary pillars, or by tearing the whole build down and remaking it.

I can go on. Everything has a workaround or can just be ignored. You’re right about that.

But that’s kinda like focusing only on the mortality of a disease and ignoring everything else. Imagine if common cold was just as non-threatening as it is now, but every time you recover from it, a random bone in your body develops a low-grade ache that never goes away. Imagine getting that cold several times a year, for a decade.

That’s what it feels like.

1 Like

Too true. Breaks my heart. Conan has been my favorite character since high school…I’m an old man now…lol. I had high hopes.
Definitely this is the first and last time I’ll ever get a game in early access. Many lessons learned, most notably trusting a company with my money for an unfinished product.

Spot on. That’s exactly what myself and everyone who used to play in my server did months ago. No more headaches, no more frustration. I just check in on the forums from time to time to see if anything has changed. I see it hasn’t.

1 Like

Why is this post hidden, thats common practice these days, keep your hands of users posts!

This NORfem post says nothing wrong. mods should recognize this and undo the hiding.

Just to clarify, this wasn’t done by mods. When a mod wants to hide a post, they can delete it. This was flagged.

Flagging is done by forum readers, like you and me. Problem is, some people abuse the flagging system. Once you’re granted the title of a “Regular”, you get certain privileges that other people don’t have. One of them is that when you flag a post, it gets hidden right away. Normally, a post need to accumulate several flags before it gets hidden.

Some people abuse that privilege and flag posts that are in no way against forum rules or even tacit rules. I’ve seen that happen a lot.

3 Likes

This is a very good idea, nothing bad can happen out of it…lol

5 Likes

Oh i love it when people abusing the flagging system. Either because they can’t take criticism or they just simply disagree with it. I have been flagged a few times :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:.

What happened with the freedom of speech ?

1 Like

In the countries that have laws protecting freedom of speech, those laws protect your right to express yourself from being infringed by the state.

If you can prove in the court of law that whoever flagged you was acting as an agent of the state, then you’re covered by “freedom of speech” :smiley:

1 Like

What really irks me the most is that they are announcing an expansion that people have to pay money for to pasteurized it on top of the rotten milk that’s already there, that’s all.

1 Like

I think the post will be closed :slight_smile: definitely something again because of forum guidelines or something ^^ but it just reflects the current mood and constructively shows the frustration of the community. it’s a shame that funcom places so little value on the player base. Many of us just want to live out the online experience against others in a very good world but currently players who play fair have to hide from cheaters and pray that they will not just be raided without being able to do something about it.

2 Likes

AND i said… “This NORfem post says nothing wrong. mods should recognize this and undo the hiding.

Moderators should moderate, keeping the forum in good shape and correct users who abuse or igore guidelines and rules. :smiley:

2 Likes