I immediately dislike Battle-Pass and miss DLC

To be Honest I don’t have a problem with the concept, but the way how they implemented Battle Pass and the Basar.

I hate that I have to buy Tokens and then use then use this Tokens to buy the stuff I want instead of buying the stuff directly with my money, getting bad “Mobile” and “Free to Play” vibes from that. Ö_Ö

1 Like

My impression of crom coins is that its probably a code thing. Having crom coins for all regions is straightforward to code with external purchases to handle the sale. If the price reflected directly in the game, it may cause certain legal hiccups as well as making sure every region has integrated pricing (which can change). The mobile vibe to me is actually direct cash “pay $1.99 for 5 more lives!”.

I have a feeling you’re mixing up Battle Pass with Black Lotus Bazaar. They’re not the same thing.

2 Likes

If you are struggling to survive, maybe you should not be spending your time online playing games. . .just a thought.

Im pretty sure im not, when they spoke about battle pass they said that you didn’t need to buy it as you can unlock things by completing challenges but you dont as you need to still purchase the battle pass to claim your rewards. And out of 60 levels you get 17 freebies which are mostly potions, wheres the joy in that. You buy the game for about £30 and then rent a server costing a further £10 then they want you to spend another £16 for the battle pass. Its getting ridiculous, just remove the battle pass and give us back the purchasable dlcs. Simple

1 Like

For some sure, but others will use it as signatures to their keeps and cottages…an unique tell that will signify ownership of the design.

Dont get me wrong im not one of those people who is gonna say boycott this game as i wont, i love conan and its mechanics. Im just annoyed that im being asked if i want extra content I’ll need to buy a monthly battle pass because if i dont im never going to be able to buy all these new cosmetics. Which so far ive purchased every single dlc because i love all these new items and different styles they introduce. Its a shame really as with dlcs you can save or buy them when it suits you not on a time limit.

I think the BP exp should be earned in a same way as the vanilla character leveling(without counting the server exp gain modifier setting), at least for those who bought the BP(otherwise the BP content could be like a punishment instead of rewards).

As for the Challenge, that should be for gaining BP exp modifier instead of consuming it. And those challenges should not be a method for gaining BP exp directly.

edit: the ideal BP challenges would be, you login to the game one day > finish 3 challenges to maximize your BP exp gain modifier > have fun with your game in whatever way you wish > by the time you log out you already gain lots of BP exp without diving yourself fully into that endless repetitive challenge farm.

Something we agree on. I think the timer thing is pathetic, and a very low marketing tactic myself.
If they want to remove the items, then they should bundle them in a DLC style package after their timers run out, and sell them as a DLC.

4 Likes

The inability to use any BP / Bazaar item offline after purchase is a tad annoying

3 Likes

Maybe not jugde people by their cover and tell them what to do, just a thought on my end!

Nobody can work 24/7 and everybody deserves a little free time in their lives, poor or not. I don´t know where you are coming from that you are showing that jugding attiude torwards people, but the world I am living in (Germany) we have strict regulated worktime hours. The same goes for sidejobs. We have not only the right but the obligation to take vaccation and rest time to follow govermental working laws. You can work a lot and still be poor, no matter where you live.

Being poor is not a shame. Demanding resonable prices also is not. Beeing respectless on the other hand is.

3 Likes

Struggling to survive and being poor are two different things. Demanding reasonable prices for an online game when you say you are “struggling to survive” is like being homeless and buying lotto tickets.
Your fake altruism is noted.

Reasonable price …
Argossean DLC steam sale now 4 usd… without 8 usd.
One of the best looking, plenty of stuff, 94 items as i remember?..

If you play actively and actually complete the Battle Pass, you receive enough Crom Coins to pay for the next season. So it’s a one-time purchase. Even if you don’t, it’s something like 10 bucks per three months. I would assume that most gamers can afford that.

If that amount of money is the deciding factor for your “struggle to survive in this current world we live in”, then obviously you need to prioritize paying your rent, food, electricity etc. over luxury items such as games. That doesn’t mean game companies should stop selling products, nor does it mean that luxury item producers should give their products away for free to people who can’t afford them.

You are free to disagree with Funcom’s pricing, but the Battle Pass is a purely optional luxury item you can skip if your children would be starving otherwise.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.