I Really Think Conan Exiles Could Benefit From Land Claim

Since 3.0 there has been a Message of the Day that pops up when you join an official server that directs to the rules.

The hope is of course that all players new and old will follow this direction and read them. Then follow them.

However, there is a mix going on. Old players playing old ways; the ToC has only seen a revamp for the past year with heavy enforcement of reporting and many bases, sometimes years old still persist. Then there are new players that might or might not have read the ToC as directed.

I’m going to explain the following: there is no way that Funcom deals with building violations real or imagined without a report.

There is no automatic system implemented to prevent ToC violations. Funcom has not communicated that they intend on acting on any possible way to do this.

So the official recourse is to take screenshots and report through Zendesk.

The heavier enforcement, the vague ToC and inconsistent way the team over at Zendesk have exercised this method has effectively created an exodus of players on official servers, a portion even leaving the game entirely.

And while I can appreciate the need for enforcement I say you should do this with much caution as the result is a suspension, admin wipe of the offending base and then very confused and upset players.

The unofficial recourse is to have conversations with your fellow server mates, talk to them, tell them about the ToC and that their builds may be in violation.

You do have options and while I don’t agree with “just go to private”, using Zendesk can feel satisfying in the way that you get rid of the problem but yet then you also become the problem of which has been coined “report meta”.

4 Likes