I seriously need some advice here this is getting out of hand (trolling on official server PC 6436)

, ,

https://youtu.be/QrQlQL53eQQ video in question just watch you can’t make this stuff up. I log in to this can someone on the mod team help me out here or get someone to contact me. This is literal virtual harassment at this point to provoke me.

Like JJDancer suggested in your other thread:

Seriously, if you haven’t submitted a report yet, do it as soon as you can. And then strap in and wait, because they’ll get to it when they can. I’ve heard about cases that got resolved in a day, and of others that took much longer.

All you can really do is create the report and wait for the ticket to be resolved.

I have reported both instances now it’s nuts spamming bowls like really? at this point I think if their stuff gets deleted they would just do it again because someone on the server was bragging that Funcom doesn’t take action.

They’re in for an unpleasant surprise, then :laughing:

Seriously, it used to be the case that they did very little, very rarely. But they’ve stepped it up recently.

It’s why we get people showing up on the forums, crying crocodile tears about how they’ve been banned unfairly, and asking ridiculous questions such as “How many foundations am I allowed to build before it counts as spam?”

It’ll get sorted out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have had to put up extra foundations just to stop the spam

A mountain out of a mole hill.

Howdy folks, I am indeed the other person in this disagreement that has escalated into an all out feud. I thought I would post this comment as a way of letting you all know my side of the story since people seem to be formulating opinions about me with just the poster’s side of the story.

My clan mate and I moved to this nice beach area on Siptah and built a small base on the shoreline closer to the new Island of Dawn. At the time we had one close neighbor whose even smaller base was made of T1 pieces and had a timer of ~60 hours on it so we assumed it was an individual that didn’t play often. Then a few days ago the poster of this thread moved onto the beach close to the mainland side while I was offline. For about 3 days each night when I logged in I found their base had expanded both towards our and our close neighbor’s base as well as westward. Since I frequently ride out west I found myself having to ride farther and farther past their build. On the 3rd night I realized that at this rate of expansion the build would reach the water to the west by Friday (today) and I would have to swim around to get back onto the western beach of the mainland.

Since I know I’m not the only one that uses the beaches between the islands as a highway to get around quickly, having a section closed off completely would not be nice. So seeing that the poster was online I complained about their expansionist build in chat and explained how people use the beaches for traveling and expanding completely across one was a ■■■■■■ thing to do as it would cut off fast travel by horse. Instead of coming over and talking in local chat with me about it and maybe trying to allay my fears they instead proceeded to spam global chat calling me a whiner and that I should just go around the build. None of those responses made me feel at all that the expansion westward would stop before the water.

I’ve played Conan Exiles for over 2,500 hours on 5 official servers (I still maintain builds on each of them) and this isn’t the first time I’ve encountered someone who moves in close and builds large. It is also not the first time I’ve complained to such people and received similar responses. In some of those cases I tried to just ignore it only to have my worries confirmed by finding a once open path had been blocked. In fact the builders’ used that path themselves’ and would place doors or gates on the path so they themselves’ could use them but kept them closed so others couldn’t. These were on PvE servers so it was definitely a dick move on the builders’ part.

So not wanting to have such an outcome on this the first (and so far only) Siptah server I’m playing on I decided to handle it differently. I grabbed a bunch of fence foundations and starting just outside the mutual claim boundaries between the poster’s claim and our close neighbor’s claim I started using them in the ground to make a line westward along the very path I wished to keep open for travel. Since the beach isn’t perfectly flat I had to temporarily extend a few fences above ground through a few high spots in the path until I reached the next low spot and could continue with in-ground fences. Once back to in-ground placing I destroyed the above ground fences since they were no longer needed. As I was doing this the poster began spamming global chat claiming that I was fencing them in. Several times I corrected them that I was in fact simply laying down a narrow claim along the path to keep it open. The poster could and still can easily start a second claim on the other side of the path and continue building westward If they wanted to but the path would remain open. I did not place any claim on the eastern side of their build since that side is much wider and there wasn’t any great expansion in that direction. Before I could complete the claiming of this path the poster grabbed a bunch of sandstone full foundations and began spamming them as close to the path as possible which put an abrupt end to my work as I hit the new claim buffers. The wooden bowls I placed were used to see how far the claim buffers extended so I would know how much of the path was protected. It looks like crap but it does the job of holding open a westward path and horses can easily ride over them.

The poster keeps telling everyone that I was trying to wall them in and that is completely NOT what I was doing. In fact as stated above I didn’t place anything to the east of the poster’s build and they can start a second claim on the other side of the path I’ve claimed to continue their build in the westward direction. The truth is the other players on the server are tired of the poster spamming global chat and have said so. The ‘trolling’ going on the server is what the poster is doing in global chat and if they have indeed started a ticket on this then a quick look at the actual builds on the server and a revue of the chat logs will show how the poster has turned my mole hill of a few in-ground path claiming foundations into a mountain of walling someone in and they will take the appropriate action and close out the ticket.

If you have actually read all of this then let me say thank you. I hope you now have a better understanding of this little feud. If you are someone who plays on that server then I am sorry for succumbing to Sonya’s (in game name of poster) trolling in global chat. I’m only human.

5 Likes

It’s good to hear both sides of the story. Well, I don’t know if it’s “good”, but it’s definitely interesting :slight_smile:

I don’t want to take sides, but I hope you don’t mind a bit of unsolicited advice. If you want to lower the risk of being banned due to a report of foundation spamming, you might want to try to convert those fence foundations into something that can be justified as an actual part of your base. For example, a system of nicely designed guard towers where you could place archers to defend you from purges; or a curtain wall with gates and sally ports.

Based on the images and videos, what you have right now is something that breaks the official server rules in the technical sense, regardless of whether you’re justified or not. As always, it’s up to Funcom to decide whether to act upon it or not, but making this an actual part of your build that serves some purpose, even aesthetic, would probably be a good thing :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I agree with Codemage, you need to find a purpose for your build. I always use small guard towers, usually connected with walls or stand alone, for access by everyone.
I have actually outlasted a dozen players on my server that moved in, built on top of me, and had no clue how irritating they were being.
At one point, I had two clans move in, build on top of me and each other, and then start a foundation spam war. . lol. I had to mediate a seize fire, as it was so incredibly childish and out of control.
Good luck!

4 Likes

The only thing annoying here is her I asked before I built there if it would affect anyone and her clan friend didn’t speak up. I went out of my way to compromise including last night I said if the spam was gone I would continue to move and just have a few towers big enough for wheels of pain. She likes to paint herself as the hero of the server. I have multiple videos and screens of her constantly being a troll where is her proof?

There was no trolling or abuse until you logged on and got angry I was building big AFTER the fact I asked all of those around me if I could build there. You leave out the fact you log off for such long periods you let big stuff decay and then whined about the fact it was deleted by people. I tried everything I could do to compromise and you just spammed the area. It’s really easy to type a novel with nothing to back it up and have people take it at face value. I told you multiple times I wasn’t building 100% across it and you still put up the spam. You think you are a highway patrol officer you even called it a highway. It was and still is EASY to go around my base. It’s fine I’m not moving it now because I’m not going to be bullied by someone who admitted to being a bully on multiple severs when other people built big. I’m not blocking anything vital, and it was all fine until you logged on and started your bs with me. You had a problem with me from the moment you logged on even when Grayfuzz said nothing about it. You then come here and fabricate lies and attempt to defame me. IT wouldn’t of escalated if you hadn’t of spammed the foundations and you can’t justify it as a wall or extension of your base because it’s on the opposite side of the beach right on top of me. You did it just to provoke me and be a troll period.

She can’t justify it it’s on the opposite side of the beach and it’s only purpose is to prevent me from building in the area. This all started because she wants clout on the server by being a bully period. Her clan has had multiple large bases decay and whined about it. She is also blocking not only me but someone else from expanding with her spam. It’s easy to write a novel full of defamation and lies on the internet but a video doesn’t lie she gloats about what she is doing in chat every chance she gets. I was building there for 5 days before a word was said, and her clan mate was ONLINE watching me build it up. She did it just to be a troll it’s that simple.

Thanks for the tips Codemage & JJDancer. I’ve removed the fence foundations and bowls and made a series of small round archer platforms with brazers to light the night and storm times. It actually looks much nicer now.

Sonya was logged on and said some more crap including stating that she was going to intentionally pull purges to attack my clan’s base.

She is also calling me a lier but the chat logs will show the truth of it.

Thanks again for the tips.

1 Like

A friendly suggestion, since both parties of said border dispute are in the same thread why not make peaceable discourse and come to an agreement about the space in question? Why not meet in the middle and set a boundary or build a road cooperatively that way both could be satisfied instead of letting it get to the point of funcom banning someone.
It just seems to me that since your both here then maybe y’all can come to agreeable terms yes?

8 Likes

Stairs either side of the build so that other players can still cross easily on horseback

1 Like

See, this is what confuses me about people’s building choices. I watched your video, and you are right on top of their base.
Asking, “Can I build on top of your base” does not in my opinion make it ok. There are MANY excellent building spots on the Island. I built inland, near the waterfalls in the redwood forest, and I love it there.
Also a close build has consequences from purges. This alone, is not fair to your neighbors.

5 Likes

It’s over with they got banned for threatening me with doxing etc outside of the game they destroyed the relationships between like 10 people on the server by fencing me in. It’s over with.

I tried to compromise they are sneaky they did stuff outside of the game including threats of doxing etc.

Well, I guess that settles that, then. Moving right along

1 Like

Thank you for all the advice sadly it resulted in them threatening me outside of the game and then one of their friends logged on to the server to confront me about their ban. I got targeted attacks on Discord from them using about 10 different accounts to threaten me with Doxing etc. They took it above and beyond what needed to happen.

Well, then I would report them on discord and whatever platform you are receiving threats on and do your best to move on.

2 Likes