I would like a refund please

I purchased Conan Exiles for the single player offline ability and they took that away. I do not want to be online and i don’t want to play this game online. That is not what i bought. I bought a game that had a single player offline experience and now I am not getting that. I should be either afforded a refund or they can put the option to play offline in the game.

I did NOT want an online service i wanted a game. When i bought the game i could play it offline and i could play a GAME. I do NOT want a “Live Service” and would like my money back. I feel cheated and really upset because i just recently purchased most of the DLC because i enjoyed the GAME (not the “live service”) and building with all the cosmetics. Thinking i was helping support a game … GAME … i enjoyed only to find out it was just a bait and switch (at least that is what it looks like on my computer) from a game to a “live service”.

If anything you got my money funcom, and you’ve taught me an expensive lesson that i will NOT be buying new games for a while and I am DEFINITELY stopping any auto updates unless i review them with my lawyer. Good lord you have to read fine print nowadays just to be able to enjoy something you buy without having 40 million other subscriptions and internet and blah blah to even access the initial thing you pay for…

Its not fair. Please give me my money back or put the ability to play offline back in the game. I really enjoy conan bugs and all and would like to continue supporting FUNCOM with other games but I can’t do that anymore.

Sorry if it seems like im being a jerk but I am upset because the time i could have played last night after the update my internet was out for a while (thanks comcast!!) and couldn’t play. Its not fair that i have to have an internet connection for a game I bought that i could play offline. I would just like to enjoy my game offline more than i would want the refund but if this is the direction you are going then i would like the refund.

Surely you wouldn’t just bait and switch people that save up money to buy a game and then pool the wool over their eyes right? You guys wouldn’t do that to all of us folks that bought your game for all the different options right?

3 Likes

I guess this will answer the question:

1 Like

Nope, i have played offline before. That is not true. I purchased this game a LOOOOOONG time ago. When i bought it, it had the option to play offline. I don’t always have my internet on my computer and have played the game in offline mode on steam. I have NEVER had this happen until the recent update and my internet was out.

And if to get around the refund it is going to be said “well it was early access” then congrats funcom you got my money. I will in the future be absolutely sure i am purchasing games that can be played offline. Not from a company that wont honor a valid reason for a refund but maybe other companies that wouldn’t do something like that. Its wrong and unfair regardless.

Alright Karen, calm down.

“I purchased Conan Exiles for the single player offline ability and they took that away.”

Conan Exiles states on the steam page that it does have Singleplayer, does not state that it is offline.

" I feel cheated and really upset because i just recently purchased most of the DLC because i enjoyed the GAME (not the “live service”) and building with all the cosmetics."

How did you purchase the DLC offline?

“I am DEFINITELY stopping any auto updates unless i review them with my lawyer.”

Clearly you’re online to download the updates

“Good lord you have to read fine print nowadays just to be able to enjoy something you buy without having 40 million other subscriptions and internet and blah blah to even access the initial thing you pay for…”

40 million other subs? Internet? Would you like to speak with the manager?

“Its not fair.”

Life isn’t fair

“Please give me my money back or put the ability to play offline back in the game”

It was never there to begin with

“I really enjoy conan bugs and all and would like to continue supporting FUNCOM with other games but I can’t do that anymore.”

Why stop when you’re enjoying it

“Sorry if it seems like im being a jerk”

Same

“I am upset because the time i could have played last night after the update my internet was out for a while (thanks comcast!!) and couldn’t play.”

So really you’re upset because you couldn’t play for a few hours?

“Its not fair that i have to have an internet connection for a game I bought that i could play offline.”

But you couldn’t

" I would just like to enjoy my game offline more than i would want the refund but if this is the direction you are going then i would like the refund."

Direction? Nothing has changed

“Surely you wouldn’t just bait and switch people that save up money to buy a game and then pool the wool over their eyes right?”

But don’t you pay for a lawyer to review updates? Why would you need to save for a game that costs next to nothing?

“You guys wouldn’t do that to all of us folks that bought your game for all the different options right?”

No, They aren’t

TL;DR
OP is entitled

He is right this game could be played offline, Due you have to be logged in in steam.
I will check on my offline character as i build before doing new designs online.

Fully understand your issues with Funcom. Wont get any better now that Tencent is/has taken over.

1 Like

“OP is entitled!” -you

Conan and all it’s DLCs amount to somewhere around 100$

“Costs next to nothing” -Also you.

Must be nice to be that rich!

Op has a valid point. I’m not sure it’s refund-valid, but it’s a valid point.

2 Likes

Store page has always said an online connection is required. Offline play has only been supported via a mod, which was pulled down since it no longer works.

Source: I work with the mod author who made said mod in 2017…

““OP is entitled!” -you”

Yes, I said that

“Conan and all it’s DLCs amount to somewhere around 100$”

No one has forced people to purchase DLC, it is an optional part of game play. If people are low on cash then maybe they should prioritize their money better.

““Costs next to nothing” -Also you.”

Yes, I also said that

“Must be nice to be that rich!”

Wouldn’t know

“Op has a valid point. I’m not sure it’s refund-valid, but it’s a valid point.”

What is that valid point exactly?

There has never been offline play, the people who are claiming that they could either used the mod or don’t know what they are talking about.

See here, a previous post from september 2019

And cached link to the mod workshop page, which was created in 2017. Why create a mod if the game had offline.
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PcfHAYvqDh0J:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/%3Fid%3D954145015+

If you want a refund please contact the Storeowner where you buy the Game.