Please consider making dodging viable again?

Dear Funcom,

When it comes to combat in Conan Exiles, I liked to play this game like Dark Souls. Ergo, I winning by dodging the attacks of my enemies and then counter-attacking them mid-animation. It was fun, it was challenging, and it was very rewarding to defeat people twice my level, and sometimes people who had every attribute tree in the game maxed out, by virtue of player skill. The same applied to wearing down the NPC bosses with a thousand perfectly timed butt pokes. I write “liked”, because you have recently decided to change the dodge system.

I decided to find out why. On your stream, you stated that you had done this because people were using dodging to flee from PVP. In the same stream, you also stated that investing points into agility would make dodging viable. You further stated that your over-arching goal was to make it worthwhile for people to invest points into agility.

It has now been a while since you released the patch in question. PVP testing revealed that agility 40 did not allow me to dodge properly. I then tried to increase it to 50. This also didn’t allow me to dodge properly. Consequently I reduced it to 20 to get the only two useful traits agility has left to offer. I have also spoken to other people on the servers I frequent who like to duel. Every player I spoke to who played a dodge build was negative about the change. Every player who did not play a dodge build in favour of less skill intensive playstyles either made fun of our predicament or offered us their condoleances.

To add insult to injury, you gave the normal dodge the Old Yeller treatment, but didn’t bother to alter the 3-block long backflip dodge animation of the Daggers weapon set.

Accordingly, I would like to suggest that you either reverse the change, or change the current system so that investing into agility rewards the player with the ability to dodge attacks. If you will not do either of these things, would it be too much to ask for proof that people were using dodging to flee from PVP in a more effective way than sprinting away, so that we can get some closure?

Sincerely,
Someone who recently switched to a heavy armour and shield build.

5 Likes

I must say that you are right.
They tried to “fix the PvP thing” but the worst part is for PvE because bosses still have the same attacks pattern with the same speed (or maybe more)

I must confess that I am primarily speaking from a PVP perspective, as my love and joy was organizing tournaments.

That said, I understand that it also affects PVE mains in a negative manner, and I feel your pain.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.