Idle Crashing, No DLCs, No Mods

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Idle crashing
Server type: PvP
Region: US East

If I idle or remain in the same general area for too long, the game will crash.

Crashed Error Screenshot
https://i.imgur.com/XnxKdos.png

(Kinda dumb that I can’t upload screenshots to show what the error is.)

Things I have tried:
Lowest–>Highest Settings
Reinstall
Verify game cache
Disable full screen optimizations
Computer, Game, drivers and etc all updated.
Official Servers and custom
I have no mods installed
Begging with computers

Things I have not tried:
Sacrificing Virgins
Sacrificing rocks
Sacrificing virgin rocks
Getting Gud
Turn off and on again
Crying
other

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Press W
  2. Release W
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Crash

And

1. Press W
  2. Look away 1 milisecond
  3. Crash

Sorry for the sarcasm, I have tried everything I could think of and nothing is working. I have a thrall that needs whipped.

Specs:

Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core OC @ 5GHz
Asus - ROG STRIX Z390-E
RAM: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 32 GB 4x8GB *3200MHz
EVGA - RTX 2080 Super XC2 Ultra
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass
PSU: Corsair - RMx (2018) 850 W
Storage: Seagate 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM 3TB x2. WD Blue 1TB SSD M.2 (Game is on SSD)
Keyboard: SteelSeries - Apex 7
Mouse: SteelSeries - Sensei 310
SteelSeries Arctis 7
Acer KG271 bmiix 27" (1920x1080) & AOC 2560x1440p 144Hz 27in

Game is running 1440p (tried low to ultra settings) with 80+ fps at home but it’s not frame dependant because sometimes I check my phone and the game will crash. It always happens if I remain in an area for too long. Like upgrading or working on stuff at base.

Questions & Answers

Are you overclocking or enforcing a framerate with any external GPU app?
-I am OC’d on CPU and GPU but I removed the GPU because I know that causes issues on other games sometimes but there’s no difference for conan. CPU is stable because I have no other issues in games but I have stepped it down to regular boost clock and still game crashes.

What frame rate is the game reporting prior to its CTD?
-FPS is usually 90-100+

What are your settings?
-Game is running 1440p (tried low to ultra settings) with 80+ fps at home but it’s not frame dependent because sometimes I check my phone and the game will crash. It always happens if I remain in an area for too long. Like upgrading or working on stuff at base.

i can do it for you

1 Like

It will be helpful if you can tell us your hardware spec:

1. CPU: AMD | Intel
  2. CPU Model: Ryzen, etc. | i7, i5, i3
  3. GPU: Model and dedicated video memory
  4. Physical memory in Gigabytes
  5. CE game resolution, VSYNC status and Frames Per Second

Specs are above in the original post. I will also keep all questions and stuff I answer there for future reference. Thank you Barnes and Narelle

-I am OC’d on CPU and GPU but I removed the GPU because I know that causes issues on other games sometimes but there’s no difference for conan. CPU is stable because I have no other issues in games but I have stepped it down to regular boost clock and still game crashes.

-FPS is usually 90-100+

What are your settings?
-Game is running 1440p (tried low to ultra settings) with 80+ fps at home but it’s not frame dependent because sometimes I check my phone and the game will crash. It always happens if I remain in an area for too long. Like upgrading or working on stuff at base.

In GPU overclocking apps, like PrecisionX, it is possible to set the framerate target. Please ensure no GPU or control software is enforcing a framerate target.

Where we need to look is in the GPU Clock. On a GTX 1060, for example, I find that when I step through 2000 megahertz, I’ll achieve a crash to desktop during the conditions/events you describe. Is it at all possible your CPU clocking/stepping is bringing your GPU through your own card’s threshold?

If you can defeat the CPU overclocking and bring it back to defaults, please try
a. launching CE from a clean boot;
b. but before playing, change your video settings as below;
c. then exit from the menu and reload the game as usual.

Please try VSYNC off, 1080p, limited to 30 Frames Per Second, and Ultra. Run your GPU utility and watch your GPU clock on the other monitor. Under default conditions and under such low stress from the game, I’ll be interested to see what you report. :sunny:

1 Like

Barnes, I have no idea how that fixed it because now I am back at my original settings after slowly going from
1080p, 30 fps, ultra etcetc back up to 1440p, 144 fps, ultra and everything works fine. Regardless on how this works. Thank you, I played 14 hours yesterday and got 2 hours of sleep before work. Thanks my dude and thanks everyone who worked on this. I appreciate it!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.