If you build too much you got BAN

Do not buy it this game or if you already did it then do not play with it.
Believe me it’s not worth spend your free time for this game
as Funcom advertised this game : “build a home and kingdom”
but when you trying to do that then they suddenly destroy all of your buildings and ban out you from offical servers
because

“it was determined that excessive amounts of structures and placeables were being used to intentionally have a negative impact on the server’s performance.” "

“Ignasis Community Support
Hey @hunbadman
Your structures were built in such a way to have a negative impact not only on player’s experiences and performance, but also on the server performance. Some of them even were deliberately put in place in such a structure that the only reason for them would be to cause a severe impact on performance.”

So it seems FUNCOM develop such kind of game where only one player can cause server performance problem and the solution:

Develop better game? NO
Fix game’s engine problem? NO

BAN out that player? right that is their solution for a game’s engine problem.

So definitely this game is not worth it!
It’s definitely a waste of your time to play with this game!

5 Likes

We will have to disagree. I play to build and I have extensive buildings on the official PVE server on which I play.

I have a massive main base, but, by far, not the largest on the server. One clan has a base that is the reservoir at the Great Dam . I have a transport network spanning 7 squares. It is built to provide access to all players.

I also have put down 8 maprooms, on foundations. Never once has it been indicated my building is excessive.

What I do not do is build over or block resources or despawn bosses or block dungeons.

Perhaps you can describe your building strategy to give us insight into the issue.

EDIT: As an afterword, when a clan asked me to remove a structure because they wanted to build in the area, I removed the structure, because I like playing a collaborative game, which is why I selected PVE. It was a staircase to allow access without climbing, which they promptly rebuilt as part of their base, so, issue resolved.

If the support folks ever tell me I am causing an issue, I will resolve it for the good of the community, because if I want to play a collaborative game, it’s got to not negatively impact the community.

Should I want to go insane with building, I’ll run a private server, again.

I love this game, it’s been a great stress reliever, even when I get killed doing something unwise.

7 Likes

I had several base on the server and those base were connected with high roads which can be used by other players. I also put down maprooms next to every obelisk and to few other places on the map.
All of my maprooms were accessible to other players as well. I also build a road to the volcano to the heart of the volcano which was also accessible for other players. I also Put down several drinking fountain around the map to help for the players. I also build the biggest pyramid in the game history for fun and if a player went to close then they could experienced some lag if they have weaker PC. Majority liked what I built but a one malicious player started report me to the funcom…

3 Likes

I’m extremely skeptical about your claims about being banned for building “too big”. Every game has practical limits and every game has ways for those limits to be abused by players.

In all this time I’ve spent on the forums, I’ve seen people share ridiculously massive bases and I’ve never seen anyone banned for it, so I’m more inclined to believe @Ignasi when he said that it’s not how big you built, but in what way it was structured.

5 Likes

I build ridiculously massive bases and tower which reached the sky and as you could see they mentioned “it was determined that excessive amounts of structures and placeables” it seems my buildings were way bigger then you have seen and it seems noone can see it now thx to funcom.
and as you could see the Support did not mentioning any blocking.
More over there is no rules how should I build a base as you can do that whatever you want. (they promoting this game with that)
You can build anything what the game’s building system allows, am I right?
So what if I wanted to build a big pyramid which is lighted by thousands of torch? Do you think that is abusing with game mechanics or that is just a big pyramid which looks cool at night.

3 Likes

Thousand of torches??? Why u did that… Feel free to build a pyramid or zigurat that expands across half the map… In single player… In this game everything goes, but comes to common sense to put a limit… For my personal opinion the limit is the respect of the rest players that share the server with u. I doubt the ban came from pyramid alone… But i also trust Fc for the decision… in my opinion a warning should come 1st with a week as time to adjust ur builds…

7 Likes

Alright, since you proceeded to share information from private messages not only publicly in the forums, but also all over the internet, let’s gloss over some facts about this situation before proceeding to terminate your account:
1- Even though freedom of expression through building is encouraged via the sandbox and building system of the game, deliberate use and abuse of known exploits to not only negatively impact the rest of the players in the server, but the server itself, is not something we can let go.
2- In your case in particular, we found you abused this exploit in large numbers, very close together, in baffling ways. Impact on the server was miserable.
3- On top of that, your clan deliberately found amusing to build all over the map in a structure that would go from the starter river up to the volcano. A single structure to basically control and gate access to many of the map locations, spawns and resources.
4- Combine 1, 2 and 3 and we definitely had a problem there.

Our stance has always been to fix the exploit rather than the exploiter. Thankfully, there’s rarely situations where our team finds so blatant abuses of the game mechanics such as in this one. So while we’re working on continuous improvement to the game, its engine and add more content, we’ve decided to restrict access to our free, public servers to your clan.
Please keep in mind that despite this restriction, you still have access to private servers, even hosting your own, where you can build to your hearts content and negatively impact your own experience if you so desire.

54 Likes