If you had to pick one actor to start playing Conan in a movie/show who would it be (no arnie or jason)

Definitely Calum

2021-09-13 03_11_33-Window

3 Likes

Can Yaman.

2 Likes

Clive Stanton might be another solid choice.

Like most of the people I’ve seen suggested or suggested myself already he has acting experience working with weapons and armor and working with combat stunt teams

It still blows my mind that Arnold did all his own stunts in the first Conan. A lot of actors do as much as they can or are allowed to do, but it’s pretty rare to just not even have a stunt double. Those actors all put in a ton of weapon trining and it really shows still

1 Like

Scrolling through this thread on my lunchbreak, not really paying attention, and now my colleagues are like “dude, something you wanna tell us?” due to the inordinate amount of peak-condition male near-nudity in it. Oh well.

10 Likes

Growth hormones, proper viewing angle, probably a good arm-pump :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Do what Halk says, seriously i used to pull stuff like this all the time with my old Sergeant, just straight up say your a chosen and don’t explain😂

Tom Hardy.

Can pull off silence and sullen. Only issue is size.

1 Like

Cavil would be a good choice. I’d prefer it to be someone with a great physique but not a body builder. They do need to be able to choreograph some swordplay.

1 Like

How did I not notice this before? :rofl:

1 Like

Ralf Moeller

wow you guys have way too much toxic masculinity here. How dare you propose a white male to play a hero in a movie release after 2015.

There really is only one choice for Conan, and that is Laverne Co.x.

Wake up and get educated!

Man, no-one can be “black female Conan” any more than Grace Jones already was wayyyy back in 1984!

3 Likes

Grace Jones was a beast, but she could never be THE Conan. The legend of the Scythians included Amazonian warrior women who in their own right were Hero’s. This was based not only on Howards writings, but on historical fact, written down by Roman historians, stating that Scythian women would ride out and do battle alongside their men.

2 Likes

Excellent question.

I say a nobody.

Sometimes casting will gamble and reach out to unknown actors around the world. This brings opportunity to actors who normally can’t get a foot in the door because Brad Pitt or Will Smith have blocked the doorway (so to speak).

I’m confident that out there somewhere, there is a sack of walnuts with blue eyes and black hair who stands six foot tall, waiting to swing an axe in the name of violent entertainment.

Fingers crossed

2 Likes

Relax dude. Not all roles in film need to be toxic toward masculinity.

1 Like

Rick Moranis! Anyone that can play Dark Helmet can play Conan.

3 Likes

My pick for the hairy barbarian😉

1 Like

Better question writer/director combo that could nail the idea of Conan.

1984 was spaghetti westerny, and really felt like a Conan world. Momoas was too “pretty and clean”, although an enjoyable popcorn flick.

1 Like

The part i loved about the one with Jason was he finally showed an un body builder conan, he was still jacked but not over jacked like arnie was, Conan’s a biiiig boy, but honestly i never picture the true conan to be Arnold’s size and that jacked

But your mention of what director to use is a good question i didnt think of, I cant even think of one right now

1 Like

Alejandro Gonzålez Iñårritu would be a great director, but may kill all the actors lol.