If you think lightning storm is OP or busted

Can we see a video like that but without the stacked foundations. Use regular walls, roofs, ceilings, etc.

There’s already been tons of videos on it. Wak even did it. The devs have acknowledged somewhere that it does to much damage but unfortunately everyday they wait to fix things more and more people leave

I can confirm that lighting is a hit or miss at the moment, i had a base at 6H exile land and was getting raided for a week straight by lightning, take not its in a long cave , and some days the lightning never went threw the base and other times it would constantly hit the inside passing threw the map walls , also i raided a base at g10 and it was the same story sometimes the lightning done nothing other times it went straight threw the mesh and destroyed stations. So lightning at the moment is very strong but also very weak depending on your luck. I would personally just add a anti magic item to the game like the god bubble, and increase the time it takes to summon , because know you have to be on contantly at raid time incase a someone lightnings your base ,

You made some good points and I can appreciate the time and effort to create the post. I have a few counterpoints to consider, that in my humble opinion, should be reviewed in a balance pass.
If lighting is meant to do that much damage- It deletes an entire portion of the games current raid mechanics (gods, trebs, explosives) which all take much more resources, time and tactics to use.
In the regards to the “too big to fail bases” from the OP- It seems strange to me that upgraded work benches and the need for multiple benches and larger sizes of benches require larger bases and time to use these. When they can be deleted in under a 5 min attack with lighting… Maybe there is an opportunity to view this from the single players building experience? The argument that “big clans get what they deserve” is strange to me given those same clans can use the same mechanic X however many folks are in the clan.
Lastly, I have viewed some opinions on “well you have to be corrupt and have a low health pool and have to farm mats and have to unlock sorcery so there is time and effort”. Unfortunately that is NOT TRUE. You get multiple lightning pots (that take zero cast time and zero corruption and zero sorcery to use) in the battle pass (which can be unlocked in single player and consumed on official servers in their current state).

For official servers- I think lightning needs a balance pass. If officials had a wipe date/ timer that would be different. But in the current sandbox is does not fit the time= effort/ result in my opinion.

1 Like

Straight lies about the gutter and surrounding structures. Got stormed for 6 hours a day 4 days in a row and didn’t even lose a ceiling at gutter.

Now, I am willing to concede it may be server specific; maybe there’s something we don’t know about it.

But no. It does not harm the gutter.

1 Like

Lmao DUDE

You came on here right out the gate lecturing players for having a maladaptation issue

And most of what you used as your argument is DEBUNKED on videos already long ago now

There are videos on Reddit of keyhole and cave bases getting completely wiped, Why? Because they are addressing the issue that lightning goes through world structure and bubbles as well

Never again come to preach when you don’t know wtf you’re talking about

I guess that’s why my bases at keyhole and gutter took zero damage from hours LS, because I don’t know wtf I am talking about

But I guess I’ll just CAPITALIZE my WORDS or maybe bold them because it is a maladaptation issue

1 Like

Sounds like you got lucky or the ones who where summoning it werent clever enough to realise how to get it so it goes through :smiley: it doesnt make my experience a lie tho :slight_smile:

literally no cave base is safe and the current state is just driving people to play small insteed of having normal bases.

it will be same with pillar, ceilleing, regular roof etc…

stacked ceiling which is forbidden and considered as exploit make LS little bit less effective… no comments…

But then again, it’ll no longer be “build anywhere”, but “build in caves ONLY”. Everyone cram into tiny holes and claim to be Burrow King. It’s survival yes, but at the loss of sunlight and real civilization. I don’t think Lightning storm is doing more good than the harm it has done.

Keyhole 100% not immune to lightning. It definitely hits inside you you cast in the correct spots.

1 Like

“Well I guess I’m lying about my bases that survived 100s of hours of ls storms” bla bla bla

It’s evident this conversation will go around and around and some people obviously love the lighting storm for it’s cheesy mechanics

Yes

However I dislike LS because it devalues organized raiding and bombs, and adds additional unnecessary destruction to bases. Scout, boom boom, get out with loot.

I don’t think it’s OP, just lame.

What meshes? I’ve personally tested several build locations that have not had LS go through mesh. So I’m curious as to what the difference is. Are some meshes immune and others not? Maybe I’m misunderstanding “mesh”.

Thanks.

Many of the tunnels and natural overhang structures (IE temples) aren’t completely solid and have holes in there…holes that you can’t get through but lightning may and that could be the reason that you got different results.

This would not be LS going through the mesh, correct? I mean, if we’re going to claim it goes through the mesh, I’m just honestly curious where this is happening. I can concede when there’s actual holes, even small holes that you can see through but cannot pass through (maybe holes that can’t be seen too?). But if LS is actually going through parts of mesh, and not through other parts of mesh, I’m curious as to the differences.

But it’s not going through the mesh. The holes are natural in the design…and quite annoying when building bases in them because you have to plug them to ensure light isn’t shining through.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.