Camera Issues while in combat

While in combat, image goes up and down all the time and it´s impossible to see anything.
Unable to play

I have the same problem ! Grenades throw, run or special skills are not possible. What I still like is that my active Charackter at the start of the zone always looks to the left, no matter where you go.

I have the same or at least a very similar problem.
In combat the camera seems to “bounce” up and down when in third person tactical mode.
If I enter first person targeting mode with an attack and then return to the third person view to move the bouncing stops until I complete the move or changes active character.
But if I try to use anything whit a targeting sphere like first-aid, grenades or tree huger the problems starts up again.
The problem seems to be worse if I am on a different elevation to my target, for example trying to tree hug from high ground.

I just found a possible work around:
I changed the Resolution Scaling from 10 to 6 and the “bouncing” seems to have stopped almost entirely (there is still a slight “wobble” at times but nothing that causes an actual problem for my ability to play)

OK I have tested it and the resolution scaling on 2 screw down and the error no longer third

Might also be to do with the ‘windowed fullscreen’ mode. Try ruining in ‘fullscreen’ as the mouse input might be taken by another application.

Can we please get someone to fix this, if you play with scaling it does work abit better, there must be a bug as it’s doesn’t happen during firing a weapon and that can reset it if your using a keyboard. If you you use a keypad it won’t. It makes the game unplayable really. Can one of the developers please reply as I have seen post about this over last few days

Same with me, the image bounces in combat mode. can’t play

where do you change the resolution scaling?

Same thing here. Looks like a very fun game, but makes me want to puke. :wink:

OK, the Resolution Scaling (it’s under Options/Graphics) did the trick!

Two other threads with a similar problem:

I am playing the game off of steam on my pc. When I enter combat the camera begins to bounce up and down. this does not happen when I attempt to attack only while trying to move while in combat. Here is my system info, if any other info is needed please let me know.
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name BLACKBOX
System Manufacturer HP
System Model HP Notebook
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Z4P14UA#ABA
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2712 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.19, 9/20/2016
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 75.22
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “10.0.17134.471”
User Name BLACKBOX\npeg9
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5.88 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.81 GB
Total Virtual Memory 10.2 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.33 GB
Page File Space 4.31 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
If any other information is needed to fix this issue please let me know

Similar report here with possible workarounds:

Just bought this game. just started playing. cant play after the first contact with an enemy since the camera rapidly bounces up and down at the first contact with enemy that puts it in tactical mode. Only in move mode so I cannot move my units.Fix this or I will require a full refund.

Would help if you provided even a bare minimum of what platform you are playing it on.

(Sorry if you’d checked the “pc” box before and I didn’t see it - it’s pretty faint against the background image for me on my machine.)

There’s a similar report here with possible workarounds:

Hey there,

I’m merging all the threads reporting similar issues into this one for tidiness sake!
Thanks for the good feedback, keep it coming!

Cheers.

2 Likes

I have just got the game from steam and the camera goes up and down so fast in the move option that it is unplayable the shooting is fine but I have to guess where the best place to move to is I hope that there is a fix for the issue soon so I can play it again

I am also getting this error.

I tried changing my resolution scaling from 1 to 0. The screen bouncing still occurs during combat.

My screen recommended resolution is 1366 x 768. Not sure if this is the problem?