Incoming hotfix "Removal of illegal structures in upcoming patch"

Ah, so that’s what they are patching out.

Good to know. I’ve never tried to build foundations like that. I assume most PVE players have had no reason to.

1 Like

Wait, is this why the servers keep crashing? How the heck is this taking out the servers?

1 Like

We posted a clarification here:

I can see the first thread post patch - “Hey, my whole base is gone!” LOL

6 Likes

Even though I love the Funcom guys, I would be very surprised if this goes smoothly.

3 Likes

What I am a bit worried about is if something unintentionally could be deleted because it is considered overlapping, fx upgraded building parts where you sometimes can see a bit of the old part you upgraded to a higher tier.

That would qualify as sharing the same space. Sometimes when you upgrade the old piece doesnt go away, and its really hard to try and destroy it. I have a few in my walls like that. It will be interesting times to see what happens.

about that problem, if you can’t open the menue on one side of the wall/roof, try the other side, generaly, if one side is the T3 clickable, the other face will be the precedent building piece

2 Likes

this should be fine as well.
This affects people who glitched fence foundations inside of other foundations/pillars, or criss crossed the fences.

considering that happens at pillar/ceiling union…

2 Likes

Please don’t mind - but I don’t like the word „illegal“ in this case.

Popcorn

when the walls come tumblin’ down When the walls come crumblin’ crumblin’ When the walls come tumblin’ tumblin’ down

2 Likes

That is a very creative build. I dig the way you did the corners like that. Makes me think for PvP tactical.

I would like to see information/confirmation about whether or not this is “legal” structure building pictured here.

1 Like

Questions regarding the “illegal structures,” and the manner of the update:

It would be amazing if we could get a short video from Funcom with example of the kinds of structures that will be removed.

I understand that fence foundation cross pieces that are “plussed” through the middle of foundations are being targeted. That seemed pretty clear in the announcement.

What else will this impact?

• Trap elevators, where sloping ceiling pieces are creatively stuffed in to prevent access to the elevator control switch?
  • Creative wedge foundation solutions that will somewhat overlap to make two non-snapped buildings or walking paths connect?
  • Chests that are tucked into tight spaces, or stored near or on top of benches?
  • Will the regular-esque clipping issues be impacted by this? (Ex. The wayward furnace that clips through a building wall, wheel of pains through the floor, map rooms through the floor, etc.)

If chests are removed, will the contents pop into a bag upon logon / render? Or, will contents simply be nuked as the object is purged via SQL update script, with no chance to recover or grab the contents?

Cauthey

8 Likes

May need more popcorn :slight_smile:
pop
watching everyone else

1 Like

This is a VERY important question!

2 Likes

Doea this patch effect stacked chests and chests. On work benches?

1 Like

LOL (oh wait I need a complete sentence) LLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLL!

1 Like

We arent sure, Its going to be kind of like doing surgery with a thermo-nuclear device. We may have a lot of collateral damage, or we may get lucky.

1 Like

A very good point has been made by a user that while I may not agree with other statements, regardless may be right.

there are quite a few threads about this same topic all being discussed separately.