Infinite Loading Loop

Would love another update on this getting fixed.

I’d love to get an update myself. I rent a server and have 12 mods on it. One of my players gets the mod mismatch loop. It just so happens to be my wife. I’ve followed every single suggestion here to no avail. I’m not sure what the problem is, but she’s the only one who can’t connect. List of steps taken:

1.) Unsubscribe from all mods.
2.) Delete modlist.txt and servermodlist.txt.
3.) Deleted the 440900 folder.
4.) Updated the mods on the server, then forced a second update.
5.) Tried to log into the server and download the mods.
6.) Restarted the game.
7.) Still looping.
8.) Repeated steps 1-4.
9.) Uninstalled Conan Exiles.
10.) Uninstalled Steam.
11.) Re-installed Steam.
12.) Re-installed Conan Exiles.
13.) Repeated steps 5-7.

EDIT: Forgot to list that I’ve ran Verifly Local Files after step 3 each time and tried running Conan as a regular user and as an Administrator. :EDIT OVER

This has been going on over the past week or so. EDIT2: Actually since 10/06/2022. :EDIT2 OVER Yes, some mods have been updated in that time. Yes, I’ve continued trying to no avail. It seems that my last option is to install a fresh copy of Windows and re-install everything from scratch, but this isn’t an acceptable solution every time a mod updates. I can’t honestly try to invite anyone to my sever or recommend this game if they aren’t able to connect reliably. What have I missed, if anything?

EDIT4: Well, it just struck me as well and honestly I’m about sick and tired of it. If it’s on Steam’s end, maybe Funcom should start exerting pressure on them. If it’s on Funcom’s end, I highly suggest keeping your player base in the loop. At this point, I really don’t know whose fault it is, but maybe I should bill Funcom or Steam for my server rental. I mean, maybe we all should as you’re using your player base as a volunteer help desk. :EDIT4 OVER

EDIT5: 10/14/2022 1851 hrs PST. Well, well, well, guess what? Steam just pushed an update to both of our systems. We can both play. I’m going to go over to Valve and see what they have to say; if anything. Issue resolved. :EDIT5 OVER

EDIT6: As expected, it’s not Valve’s fault or responsibility. So we as the players have no recourse other than to decide if we should continue paying for unreliable software/services. With Blizzard, I could submit a ticket back in the old days that would at least get a response. It seems that in the race to garner the most money for the shareholders, any thought of actual customer service has been deemed unprofitable. I urge you all to take a hard look at what you’re paying for and accept and ask yourself if it’s worth it. :EDIT6 OVER

1 Like

Myself & 2 friends have been getting this the past 2 days:

@DarksunG Good luck, brother. Are you playing on an Official or Modded server?

modded. I can get in occasionally & 1 on my friends got in 1st try no problem, but I have to attempt multiple times. Sometimes by pressing cancel & re-selecting the server & connecting, other times closing the game & restarting. I don’t know of any rhyme or reason.

@DarksunG You might want to contact the server owner and see if he’s got the mods updated on the server. After that, try to update Steam. Then run a Verify Local Files for Conan Exiles on Steam. After that, try the following:
1.) Unsubscribe from all mods.
2.) Delete modlist.txt and servermodlist.txt.
3.) Deleted the 440900 folder.
4.) Tried to log into the server and download the mods.

There are instructions above, but if it still doesn’t work, I’m thinking that there’s an issue on the Steam Workshop that has caused this huge debacle, but I’m not certain. I just got an update to my Steam client out of nowhere on both systems and now my wife and I can play again.

1 Like

It’s my server & I have it update the mods on reset & i’ve reset it. I’ve unsubbed & resubbed from my mods, but ive not done the rest.
i’m able to connect currently, but I might try that I just cannot connect.

1 Like

@DarksunG My wife’s system did that a few times as well, but that might be an unrelated issue. I also got some network error messages out of nowhere until this latest Steam update. I have no way to tell if they’re related. I’m still pouring through the server log, Windows Event Logs, Steam logs, and everything else trying to figure out something useful besides the above steps.

Just got this loop once more, even after my steam client updated the mods and server was updated too. Hopefully gets fixed soon.

Problem is still not solved. 43 days later.

Why is it you cannot just compare the old, pre 3.0 code (which worked fine) with the new 3.0 code (which has the issue)?

THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO KNOW IS THAT ONE OLD MOD WILL RESULT IN MOST MODS BEING CONSIDERED WRONG VERSION

I got this problem some days ago and following the instructions of this thread i could fix it, until now, it doesn´t work.

i could write a long detailed reply but in a nutshell uninstall then reinstall, download all mods in correct order on all computers including server works…

Least for a few hours then its back to mismatch hell - We cant do this every time so until theres a fix that doesnt require a complete reinstall with several hours work we have this game parked pending a actual real fix

1 Like

Indeed. If one of the mods gets updated moonboot, it fails to report which correctly is kind of the issue. There is some serious error in the mix here.

Yeah - this doesn’t work. In a way it makes things worse. Most of my mods are now in a NOT FOUND state. I deleted them from the 440900 directory and that REALLY screws things up. Had to do a Verify Integrity to unscrew the pootch after this waste of my time.

To be honest, this bug has shut about halted all my Conan playing. I will soon be turning off my serverblend subscription because this bug makes the game unplayable.

This is the main problem. It has been an issue since the launch of 3.0. The mod mismatch test is inaccurate and I have found that Uninstalling and Reinstalling all mods on client and server resolves the issue. But yes. It’s clearly caused by a bug in the mod-mismatch test.

On my server, the mods don’t get updated frequently, so it hasn’t triggered repeatedly for me. However, I can see this being a huge issue for people with large modlists.

I agree. I don’t update my server often, but… this having to reinstall all my mods with every patch is ANNOYING. :confused:

Hey guys,

As a modded server host, I’ve tried almost everything that had been advised on this topic, in different ways, and like many of you, I still have this infinite loading loop issue.

We’re almost in November, and still no fix from Funcom ? This is amazingly unrespectful, don’t you think ?

Regards

2 Likes

Got the same issue, and cannot play anymore. Will there be a bugfix for this at some point? The problem has been known for almost 2 months.

2 Likes

Same since this morning, about half the server I play on have been consistently unable to log in in spite of having tried the following:

• Delete servermodlist.txt > no effect
  • Delete servermodlist.txt & verify files > no effect
  • Delete servermodlist.txt & unsub all mods & verify files > no effect
  • Uninstall the entire damn game & reinstall it > no effect

I’d really like to know how such an absolutely outlandish bug has somehow managed to persist for so long, and even better, has been made incredibly worse by the last update this morning.

2 Likes

When you connect to a server with mods the game client creates a temp list of the servers mods and will attempt to install them. I believe the issue is with this process and how the game client validates the mods in the steam workshop.
I know that my mods files are exactly the same as the server as its sitting next to me on my desk.
I did most of the things in this thread and still had mixed results with the issue coming back.
Last time I spent some time verifying the server and game client.
Steam said there was one file it could not validate and as soon as it updated the file I was back in.

Running a server on my local network with same mods installed.
Mods are the same on the server as my pc as well as load order

When it loads and gives the miss match mods, hit cancel and go look at your mods, and they are empty

My mod list is the same as the server, it even lists all of the mods as OK.
The server logs do not show any errors with the mods when I launch the server.

Open funcom launcher, removed all mods
Open game, verify no mods are listed
Play online, direct connect.

Mod Mismatch comes up.
Mods listed are all status OK
Check both boxes but as I am already subscribed the button is not available to subscribe and connect.
If I click connect the game will close and launch again.
It will loop me back to the Mod mismatch screen.
Close it and open the mods and they are listed as available.

Exit the game, open the modlist.txt and its empty.
From the launcher the mod list is empty.
Something is going on with how the game handles temporary mods for modded servers.

Ran a verify files on the server > no issues found
Ran a verify files on the client > one file failed to validate, downloading a 27 GB file :0

Put the mods back in the modlist.txt
Verify they are listed on the launcher
Start the game
Start a single player game, game loads and my mod selections are working.
Exit game to the menu
Check mods are listed in the mods list, they are listed and the same as on the server. Even the load order is the same.

Select play online and click direct connect.
Expected some drama but the game loaded and all of the mods are working.

2 Likes