[Input Request] Quality of Life improvements for building

Unable to replace gateways that had ceiling above them, if the ceilings are still there, you can’t replace the gateway.

standing torches can’t be placed under a ceiling.

If you have a foundation out ready to place, and you try to place it where you were just standing, you will be unable to place the foundation there for a bit.

when building big structures, the game tends to lag every time you place a new building piece.

having an option in settings to turn on a “quick destroy” option. So maybe you can double tap a button on a building piece to demo it.

walls auto facing the same way as the wall below it.

more resources given back when demolishing perfectly healthy building pieces.

have structures you built saved, so you can rebuild them all at once. Like, build a tower, save structure in personal building tab in settings. Then, just get all the building pieces required, select saved building, and place it automatically, and be able to snap it to already placed foundations.

increase repair hammer range.

certain triangular walls can’t hang from ceilings and/or ceiling wedges.

being able to dye black ice structures.

easier and smoother loading of bases and big bases.

palisades are too difficult to place, even when snapped to ground.

ability to upgrade crafting stations. Like upgrading sandstone to black ice.

etc

I’ve taken the time to play some rust for the purpose of answering your question. When I’m playing rust it seems to demand that I click and then select to upgrade a building peice each time. (Not sure if I’m doing something wrong.) but my suggestion would be to have a hammer that upgraded the material as you swung it. So you select building tier either with a menu or by selecting a specific hammer, and then you walked around swinging it to perform the upgrades.

For the love of all that is holy, please allow us to see what direction the Frontier ceiling tiles will be oriented in BEFORE placing them. I literally went thru 50+ tiles last night just trying to get the wood grain for 10 to align properly. Considering these require hardened brick and steel reinforcements, that’s an absolutely infuriating waste of resources! A simple arrow overlay pointing in the direction of the wood grain is all that would be needed.

In fact, it would be nice if you could do this for every type of ceiling, plus the wedge ceilings and foundations as well. I hate having to break down wedges when a pillar doesn’t snap the right way when attached, and this would help a great deal.