Instant Death At Cave Entrance NECRO-BUG

Day two of insta-death testing. Changed the Normal Rank name to Exiles, deactivated my toon from Admin and selected the new Rank of Exile before ever getting close to any cave. Ran into Sinner’s and both Executioner’s entrances without insta-death happening. Testing continues, need another player to confirm.

Tried it, doesnt work, Its not pippi related as I believe.

Even after logging out and restarting the game I can safely enter caves and visit the Archivist at the Exiles Ranking (former Normal). But now I’m waiting on a test victim, I mean test player to try it out. I’m grabbing at straws here because I’m running out of active players.

Fact.

I have tested on official servers and do not experience the insta-death issue that is documented on Test-Live. Ran the entire Executioners cave 5 minutes ago on unmodded public server - no issue.

The issue is a mod which needs to be updated, not the production version of the game.

For anyone to start out a post with the word “Fact” apparently doesn’t know how things work on the internet. I’ll just leave this here while we work out the problem.

We’re you able to do this? I don’t know if you have access to the .ini file on gportal.

I am running a server with the following mods and not experiencing this issue.

Our mod list.

1 Pippi 880454836
2 Emberlight 1369802940
3 Fashionist v3.2.0 1159180273
4 Pythagoras 880177231
5 Pythagoras Support Beams 1382183303
6 Dudes Delightful Decorations 1934607107
7 Paragon Leveling 1629644846
8 Undead horse 1928783630
9 Tier 4 Thralls - Mild Increased Spawn - v5.6.3 1467634310
10 EEWA 1734383367
11 Hosav’s Custom UI Mod - Revamped! 1797359985
12 Less Building Placement Restrictions add-on 1444947329
13 Less Building Placement Restrictions 1369743238

1 Like

I’m sorry if I do not totally believe everything written under a fact status.
We may not know WHY this happens, but we have a clue about HOW it happens: The Player hitboxes dont recognize cave mesh and makes them drop from ground to their death. Dying on entry.

Which mods could possibly do mess with this: Pippi, LBPR, Glory of Combat. We have been ensured by the tests done on Pippi, LBPR by their own modders that is not related to them. Glory of Combat has been disabled-enabled to check to no avail.

Now I did not have found any sort of mod that messes with that, and this issue has been reported since january if you do your research on forums. Somehow the dev team agreed that its an issue that should be looked and fixed, somehow its mod fault now.

I’ve been playing Conan for 2 years, and I must say I have NEVER had any crash. But somehow, we get crash fixes all the time?? That means someone is crashing, and reporting it, so it gets fixed? How can that be, if we apply it to your logic. “If you dont have it, so must none else?” Well bummer to you because we have it and it appeared after the last patch.

Note: People including me reported the ID change will sufficate and break the servers in june, but guess what, they released it anyway, and resulted in losing almost half of the population of game on one single patch with around 9 days of offline time… No offense but, If only the test-lives were taken more seriously.

I’ve tested over 10 times with different variations, I’m confident that this doesn’t replicate on SP. Co op with same mod list. I got a friend join my session and try too. No deaths. It looks like an undedicated server problem. But the previous title about same bug was SP isolated. And the players workarounded the problem by getting admin rights for themselves on SP. Admins, do not die to caves, whether they have ghost-fly-god or not.

AllowedTimeUndermesh -1 Sorts this issue. Its an update problem and nothing to do with mods.

1 Like

-1, I didn’t catch the minus sign before. Set my server from +1 to -1. Better late than never, I guess. I lost my last active player yesterday. I’ll wait for the next player to stop in.

Zealous_Chaos 's solution works, tested.

I leave the stage to people who still think that its a “fact” mod issue, rather than the game itself.

2 Likes

Question for modders: is it possible for a mod to screw with the ServerSettings.ini file?

Doubtful. Mod’s would have to intentionaly inject into an ini, and I don’t know of a single mod that does this.

Zealous made the suggested fix that Ignasis had already reported.

But Queen said

But is now saying

So not sure why it worked now, verses when Queen said it wasn’t working.

My guess is that Gportal flipped the switch to on, or a server admin checked a box since Gportal’s GUI has basically every setting in it. The above setting has been part of the game for like, 6 months now. It’s just always off because of obvious bugs (as reported here). The setting is however used on Testlive.

2 Likes

Thanks! I don’t know a lot about CE modding yet and it’s good to have someone confirm these things.

My guess is because:

I know it’s a different person, but I’m guessing they both missed the sign.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation. I wonder why the devs thought it was mod-related, but I’m guessing that might be because people said that changing the settings didn’t work.

Probably because it often is. I’m a strong advocate for “check your mods” before posting a report (especially after an update). And I’m a mod author :stuck_out_tongue: There could also be some blueprint edit that could cause issues, wouldn’t surprise me. Its incredibly unpredictable what can happen when a blueprint mismatch occurs (when a mod uses an older blueprint and the game used a new one).

In either case, the solution is to just ensure that the anti-undermesher is turned off via the available settings added to the ini.

3 Likes

For me, even though Ignasis and Wak both posted images of the settings, it wasn’t until Zealous typed it out that clued me into the minus sign.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.