Instructions on how to report players for in-game exploits/cheats/hacks

This would/is be a legitimate fear. The fear should for the cheater not the rest of the server.

1 Like

The answer was given in this thread

This thread is NOT about you CChoom nor do I appreciate you tainting this thread with your angry agenda which you have been spewing all over this website and others. Please re-read the original post, this is to get clarification from a Customer Service or Community Mgr on how to officially report to Funcom, a player that is exploiting/hacking/cheating in Conan Exiles.

Oh and incidentally, since the posting of your video we had someone that had never crashed the server before, crashing it last night using the technique you outlined so nicely for him and has been doing it for the last 90 minutes again today. So please stop suggesting that publicly posting ‘how to’ on exploits helps as it absolutely negatively impacted the server I am on with someone new using it and mentioning the ‘how to’ is now posted on YouTube suggesting others follow his lead and do it as well.

Thanks for the link Melcom but this appears to apply only to harassment and griefing issues which as you know, is very subjective when it comes to any pvp game. I am not asking for any type of mmo in-game remedy for griefing, I am asking for an official way to report players actively using exploits/cheats/hacks.

If Funcom has zero ways to officially report exploiting/cheating/hacking for investigation, this would indicate that they do not feel it is a priority and those of us trying to report through what we think are valid avenues and hanging in there waiting for a remedy, can move on to other games where the devs do care enough about the player base to at least have a reporting channel for players grossly abusing the system.

1 Like

Lets see if they give this attention when all these server crashes start costing them money…I bet that will get their attention

1 Like

Best of luck, sincerely hope you are provided a way to report players. Sorry your server is crashing.

Your Friend
Choom

1 Like

I personally think the following quote contains an important point

In other games I have played, making information public helped.

For example, there was nothing stopping one or two clans from raiding with impunity but being completely safe from retaliation. If only one or two clans on one or two servers knew how, then it is easy to ignore. You just illustrated that by showing you didn’t care when it was happening to him and only started to care when it started happening to you too.

Once everyone knows how to do it, it is likely to jump from the bottom of a todo list to the top of a critical patch/hotfix needed list.

1 Like

Melcom. What would be a suggested ETA for action to be taken when absolute proof has been provided ?

you have video, screen shots, times, data, names, clans…I mean what the hell does it take…well the answer is all the servers crashing costing them money

I do not work for Funcom so I have no idea

Thank you for replying.

How is server crashes going to cost Funcom Money?

Players have the options of playing on private servers, renting a server which they will control, and playing Solo/Co-op.

If they are unhappy with their current server, they can moved to another server or play alone/with a friend. If they are only wanting someone to be punished for their being unhappy, that will not happen as there will always be someone making them unhappy about something.

I saw the point Melcom, are you suggesting that if someone is crashing the server that any community member on this website can be sent a pm with details and this is the official channel of communication for exploits such as intentional server crashes?

Im sorry to hear that someone on your server has decided to crash it last nigh and 90 minutes today. Has your server come back up since and worked fairly well?

I’ve reported Chinese streamer several times, he openly uses the undermesh exploit on official server, he shows how it’s done on stream. I think if you complain and complain over and over again to g-portal admins, they might delete undermesh structures. But that’s about it.

That community manager comment is just so awkward. Yes they might have 1k servers in total, but how many of them are actually populated? How many of them are PvP PC servers that’s are mostly affected by exploit abusers?

Undermesh exploit exist for several month now, devs keep fixing it and then reintroducing it over and over again with new content. :man_facepalming:

I think that not every one understands that it’s actually as severe as duping. From game mechanic point of view, if you are building in undermesh you are saving on crucial resource that is used in making explosives Steelfire. So you can be overly aggressive and put all your efforts and resources in raiding. Then snowball effect kicks in. Wipe the map clean and proceed to another server.

We have cheaters on 1124. We’ve reported them every which way. We’ve jumped through all the hoops, tried every suggestion, provided every bit of evidence from several people in different formats. They are still there a month later doing exactly the same things bold as brass.

So you know what’s happened? Another clan on our server, previously legit, has learned to undermesh and is now doing it to protect their assets from the original cheaters. They dont want to lose months of their time to cheaters so they see the only way to avoid this is to cheat too. They’ve told others how to do it too!

Well played Funcom. We can be the victim, we can be the cheater or we can leave.

Half the server wont cheat to win and have left. What remains is a complete mess.

Funcom’s reputation is also taking a severe battering. Let’s face it, they either dont care or have very strange ideas about how to stop cheats. Currently it amounts to hoping the cheaters get bored and leave.

Funcom should take responsibility for the terrible experiences people are having with their product and take some sort of visible action.

Other games have cheats, and other companies do what they can to stop those cheats; including bans.

1 Like

Where on the map are they cheating (undermeshing). Send screenshots and videos of the undermeshing in a PM to the Moderator as this could help with locating the holes remaining in the mesh.

We have done this many times. Along with screenshots of the bases and screenshots of them talking about it in global. We have shared it all. The only thing that happened was an admin came on. Saw one of their bases and deleted it. It was not their only base and they were back on in a hour doind the same. No ban.

You say let someone know and they will fill these holes.

A) we have shsred the info

B) eventually filling the holes doesnt stop the cheating now. I’m playing now, I’m not play testing a game I plan to play down the line when it’s fixed. Fixing, not punishing, is no comfort to those who face losing what they have achieved through many hours of play.

C) there are so many spots its frankly ridiculous and expecting players to find, report and then wait for funcom to fix them is crazy. People are quitting in droves. Soon the cheaters funcom was so desperate not to offend will be all they have. At this point it’s certainly all they deserve.

Their customer care is atrocious

I was only attempting to help you get help with your issue/problem. I sympathise with your issue as I have had the same on several servers I have played/play on ( I love this game, too much maybe ?) I was not trying to play down the problems you are having at all and agree it is frustrating to see a cheater getting away with cheating as many of my past posts will attest.

Feel free to friend me on steam (same name as on the forums all know me here so no issues) and I give you a few more ideas that I do not want the cheaters to see on the forums. Rest assured that these ideas are well within the game rules and break no regs.

I would call crashing a server preventing other players from playing the game.

5 Likes