Instructions on how to report players for in-game exploits/cheats/hacks

you have video, screen shots, times, data, names, clans…I mean what the hell does it take…well the answer is all the servers crashing costing them money

1 Like

I do not work for Funcom so I have no idea

Thank you for replying.

I saw the point Melcom, are you suggesting that if someone is crashing the server that any community member on this website can be sent a pm with details and this is the official channel of communication for exploits such as intentional server crashes?

Im sorry to hear that someone on your server has decided to crash it last nigh and 90 minutes today. Has your server come back up since and worked fairly well?

I’ve reported Chinese streamer several times, he openly uses the undermesh exploit on official server, he shows how it’s done on stream. I think if you complain and complain over and over again to g-portal admins, they might delete undermesh structures. But that’s about it.

That community manager comment is just so awkward. Yes they might have 1k servers in total, but how many of them are actually populated? How many of them are PvP PC servers that’s are mostly affected by exploit abusers?

Undermesh exploit exist for several month now, devs keep fixing it and then reintroducing it over and over again with new content. :man_facepalming:

I think that not every one understands that it’s actually as severe as duping. From game mechanic point of view, if you are building in undermesh you are saving on crucial resource that is used in making explosives Steelfire. So you can be overly aggressive and put all your efforts and resources in raiding. Then snowball effect kicks in. Wipe the map clean and proceed to another server.

We have cheaters on 1124. We’ve reported them every which way. We’ve jumped through all the hoops, tried every suggestion, provided every bit of evidence from several people in different formats. They are still there a month later doing exactly the same things bold as brass.

So you know what’s happened? Another clan on our server, previously legit, has learned to undermesh and is now doing it to protect their assets from the original cheaters. They dont want to lose months of their time to cheaters so they see the only way to avoid this is to cheat too. They’ve told others how to do it too!

Well played Funcom. We can be the victim, we can be the cheater or we can leave.

Half the server wont cheat to win and have left. What remains is a complete mess.

Funcom’s reputation is also taking a severe battering. Let’s face it, they either dont care or have very strange ideas about how to stop cheats. Currently it amounts to hoping the cheaters get bored and leave.

Funcom should take responsibility for the terrible experiences people are having with their product and take some sort of visible action.

Other games have cheats, and other companies do what they can to stop those cheats; including bans.

1 Like

Where on the map are they cheating (undermeshing). Send screenshots and videos of the undermeshing in a PM to the Moderator as this could help with locating the holes remaining in the mesh.

We have done this many times. Along with screenshots of the bases and screenshots of them talking about it in global. We have shared it all. The only thing that happened was an admin came on. Saw one of their bases and deleted it. It was not their only base and they were back on in a hour doind the same. No ban.

You say let someone know and they will fill these holes.

A) we have shsred the info

B) eventually filling the holes doesnt stop the cheating now. I’m playing now, I’m not play testing a game I plan to play down the line when it’s fixed. Fixing, not punishing, is no comfort to those who face losing what they have achieved through many hours of play.

C) there are so many spots its frankly ridiculous and expecting players to find, report and then wait for funcom to fix them is crazy. People are quitting in droves. Soon the cheaters funcom was so desperate not to offend will be all they have. At this point it’s certainly all they deserve.

Their customer care is atrocious

I was only attempting to help you get help with your issue/problem. I sympathise with your issue as I have had the same on several servers I have played/play on ( I love this game, too much maybe ?) I was not trying to play down the problems you are having at all and agree it is frustrating to see a cheater getting away with cheating as many of my past posts will attest.

Feel free to friend me on steam (same name as on the forums all know me here so no issues) and I give you a few more ideas that I do not want the cheaters to see on the forums. Rest assured that these ideas are well within the game rules and break no regs.

I would call crashing a server preventing other players from playing the game.

5 Likes

I would also say undermeshing into someones base, completely bypassing their walls, irrespective of whether its raid time, and taking all their stuff is also preventing people from playing. Only a masocist would want to keep starting again in that situation.

Sairdontis, I was not digging at you. Your suggestion was reasonable. Whst isn’t reasonable is that weve done all those things and funcom does nothing. Seems the player base not only pay for the game but then have to do all the leg work to try and get these issues sorted. When all the leg work is done and provided, and funcom, for their part, do nothing it adds insult to injury.

They foster a belief that they listen and act but in reality you get the same outcome if you report or dont.

The forums have been full of people at their wits end with the cheating that’s rife in many servers. Ddosing seems to be up 1000% and undermeshing is rampant. What do we hear from funcom???

Nothing.

1 Like

this

1 Like

Current undermesh exploit is only partially connected to a specific mesh spots. You can glitch thru majority of the textures in the game. This for the most part a building exploit.

I’m not really sure how unreal engine works, but it might be as simple of problem as some one not clicking on a checkbox.

Every time I have seen people glitch into a base, it has been because the base is built directly on the ground instead of on foundations.

Can they still get in your base if you completely enclose it with foundations? What if you raise it off the ground by stacking foundations or building on pillars?

I don’t know would a extreme case be when I haven’t been able to connect to the server I am on for two days? It is day two and Checking the battlemetrics on server status shows the offender is still on every time it “crashes.” Maybe a few more day would be reasonable to count as extreme. I am a new player and as of far I haven’t been impressed as this is my third server I have moved to that in my opinion is the worst that I have seen. This is a loosing money scheme because the less they do the more players will leave and not buy their future products and also spread the word of the customer support that Funcom provides. Also some of do read and write reviews on platforms like steam and seeing these negative reviews will impact the company farther down the road if issues like these aren’t taken seriously.

1 Like

It is correct to say that it doesnt appear to be just certain spots regarding undermeshing. There are a number of large undermesh areas where bases seem to get built but undermesh raiding seems unrestricted and they seem to be able to do it almost anywhere.

I dont think we should have to find ways to build to combat undermeshing; not least because that requires knowledge of how it works. Having said that, we had a base undermeshed into which was built on foundations. Somehow they bombed one central foundation from under the mesh and popped up inside. I’ve no idea how.

If the cheaters can continue to cheat, and there is no official response on the matter, the best way to continue enjoying the game is to find a way to deal with the cheaters.

I don’t care too much either way since I stick to PVE to avoid this sort of stuff, but learning how to combat it is the best course of action. Everyone doesn’t need to know how it works to combat it, only the people/person who finds the solution needs to know how it works. Everyone else just needs to be able to follow directions to reproduce the fix.

Yeah, good shout.

The fx is either…

Funcom fix all the exploits.

Funcom start banning cheaters.

Realistically, the only way to discourage someone from undermeshing into your base is to be online guarding your base 24/7.

I dont understand the rationale that doesnt blame cheating players but puts the empasise on resolving cheating on the legit players. This isn’t our job, it’s supposed to be our fun pastime.

If I played battlefield and someone was obviously using aimbots when players complained the devs would look into it and ban if proven. Noone would suggest you avoid the cheating players line if sight and get on with it.

To use a more similar game, in ark a player was using an alt account to exploit offline raid protection. He was reported and got banned.

Additionally, what is also odd is most of these cheaters have vac bans from games like rust.

Why is it other devs understand how rubbish it is to play against cheaters, and understand their role in it, but Funcom seem to be struggling to get their heads round it?

1 Like

We can’t force Funcom to do anything. All we can change is what we do.

Just RP that undermeshing is sorcery and work to combat it.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would say it is a marketing ploy to get people to rent more servers.