Interesting Dilemma, Need Advice

Hmmm, rental property. I like the sound of it lol

I’m warming to the idea of putting out a sign to get them squawking.

My only doubt is them not being aware. I’ve seen their clan name before about a year back. This would be my first interactions with them.

1 Like

I think I am in a position where they could in theory claim they were there originally and I built around them.

This is a complete stab in the dark but I do not think the moderators have the kind of metadata to determine context of the situation.

So before I started reinforcing my walls, I think I could already be in that situation you mentioned. And now i believe I played into their trap.

Their land claim within my own walls is significant enough to overlap some foundations.

Opening my gates, putting out welcome signs and rolling out the welcome mat may be the only course of action left for me :sweat_smile:

Thanks! I am hoping this is the case. I will definitely give it some thought as I feel that I am not in the wrong.

Hoping for best outcome! :+1:

1 Like

I agree with your thoughts on this. I would have assumed common sense would be that.

This only reinforces my idea that this is a troll with a plan.

Or I could be wrong and he/she is just looking for attention.

Admittedly, there’s better ways to communicate with me so frankly… it’s kinda a dick move.

Still, assuming he is on here reading this:

Well played good sir.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. The eco-terrorism bit was a good laugh.

You are right that I shouldn’t fuel this fire. Trolls thrive on it. I should do a proper pass and plug the holes in my base.

Yes they did help point out some clear flaws and I gotta give them credit. I got taken down a few notches.

Yup! I took a risk but I may as well turn this as an opportunity to present a unique situation to a community that just about seen it all in Conan lol

The only issue here is that the land claim may have crept up onto my main structure. I’ll need to check.

It would be disappointing to take down a large section to leave them unprotected.

On that thought, they have other options to deploy to further give me hell. None of which I note in case I accidentally give ammunition.

I think they have thought this out well enough to put me at disadvantage.

I just hope I just misread this completely and they just want to be buddies.

Yup! Sorry to put you through that. I try to make an effort to hear out everyone and respond to them.

I used to keep them open but I’ve seen enough bad behavior to close them. In hindsight, That could be why they did what they did.

I wasn’t aware of the decay timer. I thought they were back on? I’ll need to look again for a sanity check.

Roger roger. I may decide on that sign to see how they react.

There is opportunity here to turn this around. You point out an angle I didn’t consider.

You are right that there is no guarantee they would press for context. I just think that since they built within my walls, they have already set themselves up as victim, priming me for ban.

Hard to see it any other way. If anything, I have to assume that they have done this before.

Agreed, however I look at this I stand to lose regardless, if I am unable to resolve this.

1 Like

I could be wrong about the Decay timer.
I know the official server PVE-c 3827 that I am on has had the Timer turned off for over a year now.
The server is now so cluttered its nearly impossible to raid the camps.

Interesting, I never knew this kind of situation was happening. I play PVE exclusively so I can just build my Yamatai designs without threat.

Well, at least that was the case before lol

That sounds like a bummer. Sorry your server has turned into that :slightly_frowning_face:

good point. The only option you would have is to report them (therefore have evidence that you were not the offender), wait for action, and if none seal it but at risk of getting deleted yourself (I don’t believe they can undo a moderator deletion) .

1 Like

Either way, please keep us posted as to how the situation develops.

4 Likes

Another option could be to treat their small base like Chernobyl reactor four and entomb it whilst it’s unoccupied. Build a trapdoor to allow free access to their base.

1 Like

I have never seen that before. You have a really nice looking base. I would say find out how they got into your base and correct that issue. Then wait till they come on line and blow the building off your lawn. If you where on a private server, an admin would do it for you. But seriously, on general principle I would remove it from my front yard as if it was an old pink flamingo.

1 Like

Will do! I’m really curious how this is going to play out.

2 Likes

Ha! If only Chernobyl Reactor 4 didn’t have such land claim right up onto my main lol

Sadly, I think any attempt to contain them would only end with them reporting me.

To think that the troll manuevered themselves into a leveraged position to blackmail me :disappointed:

Thanks!

I think I spent my last couple of days letting my OCD address that :sweat_smile:

I wish! But I play on PVE where its much safer to build the way I do. I would not have survived a week in a pvp setting lol

For now this pink flamingo is the unwanted tenant. So diplomacy will be my first act. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

A ring of serpent men, Ymir or Kinscourge statues all facing towards their base may give them a hint to get off your lawn

3 Likes

I like that idea! Well, I got my task for a saturday lol

1 Like

Me personally I would build a box around their house and trap them inside it or outside of it. The box would have fencing on both the inside and the outside of it so that they could not get in or out by trying to climb over it. But that’s me and I don’t tolerate trolls and can be a bit of an ■■■■■■■ to someone that thinks they’re going to troll me. I’d do that and tell them that if they want to live there then they can pay me rent and I’d remove the box from around their house. But again that’s me :joy:

1 Like