Introducing AOvault

Dear Anarchy Online fans,
Today is the day that i am announcing a project i have been personally working on for a couple of months now.
AOvault is an initiative to archive Anarchy Online in order to keep the game and everything related to it alive for as long as possible,
think about it like a time-capsule. Many video-games stop being sold and slowly start to vanish into complete forgiveness forever,
the reasons being that nobody plays them anymore, or that less and less people possess a copy of said game.

AOvault aims at avoiding Anarchy Online to go down that path, i personally love the game and this is why even if one day
Funcom decide to stop the servers and cease all work on the IP for an indefinite amount of time, AO will still exist, it will be there living, as long as there will be
hard-drives to store data, AOvault will be there somewhere for us, and for future generations to appreciate.

This archiving project exist on multiple platforms, we have a Gitlab where you can browse all of our content and even download what you want
but we also have a Mega account where you can download the entirety of our content bundled in a nice package.
If you only wish to see images we also have a Pinterest page or maybe you want to just watch videos or listen to the awesome
Anarchy Online Music Collection Volumes and then we also have a Youtube for that !
Everything has been made in order to provide you with the best experience possible, for instance, the Youtube channel comes with all the videos
neatly divided between different play-lists to categorize every kind of videos.

Here are the links:

Unfortunately Youtube has disabled the notification system it once had. If they did kept it, i could have made a nice system
where you only have to click on the title you wish directly on the videos instead of just providing the track list in the
description box below the videos.

However, i hope you will enjoy the project as much as i enjoyed working on it, spread the word if you like the initiative,
there always is room for improvement and it will be a pleasure to make AOvault as great as it can become.

If you have any suggestion/feedback or if you just wish to contact the maintainer of the project, you can send me a DM
and i will reply as soon as i can.

Anarchy Online fans, i wish you all the best,
Hagnert.

Downloadable patches(.exe) from 18.1.1 and onwards

Nice initiative :slight_smile:

I see there’s a listing for Saavick’s Map too, but with a text file saying it can’t be found. You can download it here.

Thanks a lot Saavick !
As you may have noticed the project is still a work in progress !

Great effort! Though, you could credit people that have been working on this for far longer.
I started archiving things long ago, and only in 2016 I posted my gallery. I have been crediting the people who helped me and I hope people do as well.

Originally at https://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?616086-Anarchy-Online-Concept-Art-collection!-Let-s-contribute-to-preserve-game-history

I would be interested in a collaboration to try and make the best out of both people interested in archiving and discovering everything about the game. I see you already added all my gallery.

First of all, good morning/afternoon Timba !
I highly respect the work that you have done and i never hid the fact that i gathered from your work to create AOvault, when i presented the project on Reddit, a user told me i could do a collaboration with you, and linked me to the same link you just sent. I politely answered that i included your work in the project and that i would have liked to contact you but since it was impossible to create a new account on the old forums i did not really know where else i could send you a message.

Once again, sorry for repeating myself, but this is a work in progress, and i am not planning on taking all the credits for myself, i have to re-download the whole repository through Git because of a stupid mistake i made, but once this is done, i will push a file where i credit all the contributors, i am thinking about how i can make it look good.
Don’t get me wrong, i have no merit on this initiative, although i started AOvault without using your work, i have been quickly reminded by a fairly new friend of mine that it would be faster to not “reinvent the wheel” so to speak, i would say AOvault is 90% what you did, if not more, my goal was just to expand it, make a youtube, a pinterest a Mega account, as well as using a noticeable name other than “Concept Art”.

I just want the archive to be more visible and easier to get/find, that’s all.

As for the collaboration, i always said i would be glad if anyone contacted me to help improve AOvault or even contribute, and that includes you !

I really hope you did not take it the wrong way, you did a wonderful job and you certainly saved me a ton of struggle !

May 17th, 2018 Edit: The list of contributors is now up: https://gitlab.com/AOvault/AOvault/blob/master/CONTRIBUTORS.md

I somehow missed this thread, I subscribed to the youtube channel, if I can help you there let me know.

Hello there Caloss2!
I was wondering at some point if i could download videos from players such as you so that they never vanish, but people have told me that the day Youtube goes down is not yet to come … so i don’t know, just yesterday i have finished my rework of AOvault, so if you check the gitlab site now you will see everything is sorted in a better way -> https://gitlab.com/AOvault/AOvault

If you know about something that is not included in the archive i would be glad to add it, i am thinking about downloading content from ARK to add them but i don’t really know much more. I tried to talk about AOvault to people in-game but it seems like the majority of them are not on this forum, so if you would kindly talk about the project in one of your videos i’d be more than happy, since i’m a long time viewer of your channel !

Note: If you don’t know about that info, i am also (very slowly) rewriting third party software for AO too, currently working on AOchroma -> https://github.com/hagnert/AOchroma which aim at easily modifying AO chat colors since i am very busy working in Computers/Servers security i don’t have much time to code it but as of current development i believe it is safe to say this particular software is nearly done, we (Murded & Me) only have to make the ‘save’ button work pretty much. I know it is a lot of information at once but we can continue to talk somewhere else such as private messages. Have a very good day Caloss2!
Hagnert.

My content is backed up, and also pretty safe on Googles Youtube servers.
I do have some random bits and pieces on old media (dvd discs etc) I will look through for any gems.
I will create a piece on the AOvault project when I can too.

Hey hey :blush:

I see you’ve included some older maps now too, which I think is a great idea. The old maps don’t work out of the box though; the current patch of AO requires an extra XML file with coordinates.

I’ve fixed up some older maps with coordinates so they can be used in-game again. Other than this fix, they are unmodified; so for example if you’re in Arete it’ll show you in Lake Andromeda and if you’re in zones that were added later, like the Reck and Coast of Tranquility, it’ll show less details.

Saavick, my archiving project is about literally everything and anything Anarchy Online, so even old stuff ends up there, i did not have time to test everything such as the maps for example, but just so you know, if you got anything more like that just tell me and i will gladly add them. I am thinking about maybe creating an AOvault website someday but i do not know if it is a good idea or not.
Thanks a lot for those maps, i will add them immediately !

I have some more stuff that might be interesting then, I’ll try post it later today. (It’s mostly map stuff because I searched around a lot for that to get all the details right for my own map :blush:)

Love it ! :slight_smile: can’t wait to see that

Default maps
These are in-game maps like the ones posted above, but included with AO as the default map.

More maps (not in-game)

Tools

Thank you ! everything has been added !

Thanks for the mention in the contributers list too. Can it be “her” instead of “his” though pretty pwease :blush:

Oh sure!
Sorry for that.

Binaries (portable and installer) for “Demoder’s PlanetMap Viewer” can be found here: https://github.com/Demoder/Releases/tree/master/PMV

See also thread: http://forums-archive.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?598177-Release-Announcement-Demoder-s-PlanetMap-Viewer

Little update on AOvault:
I am starting to take pictures of players and beautiful places on Rubi-Ka. If you have some pictures or if you wish to have your picture in the archive, please feel free to contact me at: wotan.hag@gmail.com