Invisible ceilings and foundations

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: EU

Today I tried to build some ceilings in my current house, when I placed the ceiling it told me correctly that I went from 10 ceilings to 9 ceilings. But when I look at the spot where I just placed the ceiling I can’t see anything at all.

When I try to climb the wall to test if It is really there It just lets me true but a second later it shoots me back (like like run into a big blob of rubber and it shoots you back).

So I placed more ceilings around it and all are invisible. So I restarted the game but it still didn’t help. So I destroyed the foundations where the ceiling was attached to and tried to rebuild the foundations and ceilings.

So the first foundation placed correctly and I saw it, the second foundation was invisible again. Then I know it was there because when I destroyed it, some ceilings on top lost stability, and now I could place them back. So i tried to run true it, and I can run for a few seconds but then it just teleports me back. (same as if the building is still loading and you fall true the ground and gets teleported back up.

I am trying to place Black ice ceilings and foundations. And the location is a tall tower on the bottom corner of F8 on the map (tallest tower of them all). Near the fire itself.

Maybe it has to do with that the actual structure around the big fire itself does not count as an actual thing you can stick foundations on? Like I see there is an structure but my foundations do not stick against the walls. Or maybe it has to do with that even in solo god mode you die from the fire on top of the tower? Or maybe it has completely different reasons (just trying to brainstorm here).

And when I try to place another foundation or ceiling there it just tells me that it failed to place it. Also I can’t select the invisible ceilings to destroy them. So it’s invisible, not selectable but on the other hand you can’t walk or jump true them without being teleported back to your original place. (only way to destroy them is to destroy whatever is holding it up and is still visible)

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Try to place a ceiling or foundation
2. See that the ceiling is invisible and not selectable.
3. try to place another ceiling/foundation on that spot and keep seeing that it “failed to place building”
4. Walk true it and get teleported back to the spot you started.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.