Is it against the TOS (or illegal)?

So you play pve right ? . Why in the earth you don’t do something smarter and more beautiful . Fix stairs so anyone can pass , put water wells , dancers ,pots with flowers ,statues etc . Make your neighborhood beautiful and at the same time accessible for everyone . In my pve servers participation my doors are always open , always . I don’t know if in siptah you have map rooms ,but surely you have decoratives and horses . So make your neighborhood beautiful and accessible and nobody can blame you for anything .

6 Likes

since when building in an area next to another is an abuse? or is it against the rules? (we built in a spot where it was obviously not land claimed, and of course able to build in the exact position where we built before (we liked our spot so much and since it was availalbe we rebuilt it,

no, i moved the thralls and rebuilt our only place in the map, it was available for the taking so we did,.

only from one side, it was just a line of foundations, that will be removed, once little light gazebos are in place , for protection of our build, we did not encircle him at all, i only land claimed very close to our build as anyone would do, he can access his place with no restriction his area,. thats it. that place is also almost a bed of sandstone, our building is large almost fully t3 structure. it is the only building that house 10 man clan, (full clan) we have no other structures in siptah.

for clarification pursposes, that build is VERY very close to ours, so its not like i spammed , it was very very close, all we did was to avoid more building in the direction of ours by land claiming a bit of land between us.

See, that is the point, we do not really know with FC. You asked for opinions, and I gave you mine. In no way did I say it was the “rules”.
It honestly sounds like you had already made up your mind and just wanted validation. Do not get upset if you dont get it on the forums. . . lol

You are not allowed to build foundations lines to extend your buildings claim area and to prevent others players to build too close.

Building abuse.

2 Likes

very well, if that is the case selene, i guess i will remove the foundations next to it. but i cuold in theory expand my building in that direction, to be withn the rules.

can you please give me the link ? thank you!

yes i had my own idea regarding this, and was seeking what other might think.,

the solutiuon to the problem is to remove and extend my building all the way to the limits. thank you!

server rules :

Yes please, stop building foundations lines.

But … you can for example expand your building, or build another small building with a real function like a map, or a wheel, or an animal pen, or a guard tower with archers …

Be creative, it is better and you are ok with the rules :slight_smile:

4 Likes

yes you are right, in fact archer towers (for purge defense) and light houses l. the foundation line was small, but i am just replacing it with buildings that served a purpose, such as stables for large animals lol

2 Likes

Very good, tomorrow send us some pics there of your buildings and everyone will agree that it look better :slight_smile:

1 Like

yup working on it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But again, the difficulty of this (and it is an example of the difficulty for FC around land-claim in general) is that Selene’s comments are purely opinion. The rules don’t say “no foundation lines for land-claim”. If, as you describe, it was a temporary measure until you can get towers in place, I’d be tempted to say go for it. Even with towers, you’ll still have people that say it isn’t ok because of building spam, etc.

I saw last night that someone spider-webbed the Eastern Sea floor with foundations on my server. It is ugly, but they build on one of the rock pillars and don’t want treb towers. Realistically, what are they supposed to do? The building block area is so small that towers would need to be built like every ten meters to be effective, would that be better? I don’t really like it, but I understand. For me personally, if they covered the entire area and filled two or three map squares with spider foundations I’d call that ridiculous. Part of one square I’m ok with. But that is just opinion because the rules are so vague.

If you aren’t blocking access to resources, or completely surrounding someone and preventing play, then it is all just opinion on what is ok and what isn’t. That includes if the other player reported you, the FC employee who picked up your ticket in 2024 or whenever would just go by his opinion. Good example conversation the next time we have a “but landclaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmm spammmmmmmmmmmmm” topic popup.

The bigger question, as someone who hasn’t played PVE in a long time, can you go and grab stuff out of other players building? Seeing a wheel of pain left open like that just gives me anxiety. Is his base not rendering in completely from that distance? If it is, then he should thank you for building, maybe it will motivate him to cleanup that junkpile of a dock.

so what exactly do you think excesive land claim is? thats the issue. there is no rule that says you cant make big structures, (as long as you dont block anything or anyone. look how massive those strucutres are the ones that won the building competition. (Remember) its on the artisan tables.

Sure, but why not play it safe and also have something that looks nice? Two birds, one stone.

That’s PVP, right? You don’t need to do that on PVE.

Look, I know Palm522 asked about whether it’s against the rules, but that’s a question that nobody outside Funcom can answer with any authority. But if you’re on a PVE server and you don’t want people building too close to you, there’s really no special reason not to go that extra mile and convert your T1 foundation snake into something that looks nicer.

Not on official PVE(-C) servers, only on official PVP.

4 Likes

making stables in that location, no foundation lines, and peoiple will be a bit away from my little fortress. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Valid points, but they don’t change my original point. This all illustrates the difficulty of landclaim in a game that has castle building as a core mechanic. If I build a nice house, and I want to say that this particular hill or field is mine, I have no way to stop someone from building without either a) farming a lot to expand my house to fill the area, or b) farming a little to line some foundations.

You might not like how it looks, but if building ugly was against the TOS, then we’d all be screwed at some point. Building towers or nice looking structures isn’t realistic because the claim size is so small, so you’d end up with tower spam instead of foundation lines.

I don’t mean that foundation spam is good, I mean that it isn’t so simple as “x is the right way, y is the wrong way”.

Sorry, I should’ve made it clearer that I’m not disputing your point about rules not being clear-cut.

Personally, I think rules shouldn’t be as clear-cut as people demand them to be. The admins should have a certain degree of freedom to exercise their own judgment. When the rules are too clear, so are the loopholes.

That’s why I was simply trying to offer a different point of view. For example, the current rules say that Funcom reserves the rights to act upon, amongst other things (emphasis mine):

Now, you can spend time worrying about whether an admin will decide that your foundation snake has no other purpose than preventing other players’ access to a building spot, and whether that constitutes an abuse of the claim system that needs to be acted upon.

Or, you can build your “buffer” in such a way that it has additional purpose, even if that purpose is merely decorative.

Again, your point is valid and I’m not disputing it. I just think that, on a PVE(-C) server, there’s a perfectly legit way to make that point moot.

Of course, there’s a way to abuse even that, and that’s where admins’ judgment comes into play again :wink:

If they said that then you need to @Community to help you further and don’t post it here they will have to handle that as that’s not ok at allow to claim that so they will help you more in a private message just be sure to have all evidence available when doing so

3 Likes

so through this thread, i’m sorry if i’m dense, but i did not figure out whether or not you’re playing on a PvP server or not. IF PvP, no, you are not breaking any rules, or, at least not any rules that are being enforced.

personal experience here. in fact, i even took video, sent it to funcom, of a clan that surrounded our entire base with build spam - nothing. no ban, nada. and i knew they probably wouldn’t do anything, but i figured i’d try, because i really didn’t want to fight this can 24/7. the fact is, on PvP servers, build spam IS part of the war, whether people like it or not. using building to claim land and prevent opponent expansion is a thing. i’m not saying i agree with it, or that people should do it - the merits of which have been exhaustively discussed on this forum. i’m just saying, no, at least based on experience, you would not get banned for such an act, at least not on a PvP server.

…and my experience is not just the report i did for above said situation. i’ve played PvP on quite a few official servers where build ‘spam’ is part of the meta in conquering a server. it is what it is at this point…

EDIT: reread the thread and maybe you’re on PvE - in which case I still don’t think you’re breaking the rules based on the screenshots. the rules are pretty loose, and unless it looks like you’re intentionally build-blocking someone, rather that just functionally building your own ‘base’, i don’t see them doing anything to you. even on PvE servers, many have, well, dominated through building.

1 Like

I have to ask, who was there first?

If you put up all that stuff, and then someone decided to move in next to you and complain, then that’s their problem.

If they were there first, and then you build spamstone right up to their base, not cool.

2 Likes

we were there, we decayed, he came and build a sandstone then he came on and off only to refresh, we came back and build in the exact same spot our previous place was . so it was nothing about being cool or not, we have a very specific base design we love that uses the terrain. in a very very efficient way. ill show a picture of our place in a bit.

you can see the place they put together, mostly sandstone, (removed the foundations lines already) and we are building stables. (the torch on top of the gazebo is ours)

and the black arrow tells you the place where this person is. compared to our building.