Is my PC getting too old for the game?

Well, I’m pretty sure I’m talking about DFR (a.k.a. eye tracking).

Authoritative? I thought it was just “pvp”.

You said OQ2 “doesn’t do foveated rendering”

It does. It has Fixed Foveated Rendering (FFR) and “Dynamic FFR” (DFFR). DFR is yet another kind of Foveated Rendering, Dynamic Foveated Rendering also calls into use eye-tracking in order to place the affect at the user’s focus point. None of them are very good and most people turn it off if they know how. It’s basically the “motion blur” of VR - which everyone usually turns off. The difference is that in some cases FR (in any form) can reduce render times so if your hardware is lacking you might actually need it.

No, more like a teaching moment while I attempted to understand why it was being added as a subtopic in the first place.

Fixed foveated doesn’t do much. Here there is the confusion of rapid eye movement, frequency of the PC-VR headset, standalone specs, motion blur… ack, if interested:

I’m just pointing out trendy hardware not listed, especially the USB 3.x. (Peeps still have 2.x, not looking up the board)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.