Is there any chances of getting the Twich Drops for the players who missed the campaign week end?

This is of course true, but only to a point. Financial realities means many people can’t afford to spend time on creating art that doesn’t pay - they need to eat after all.

Less time spent leads to less art produced, and less experienced artists - both of which will contribute to lower the perceived quality, especially for those arts that require some level of technical expertise.

1 Like

True…but once money becomes the driving force, art becomes compromised.
Take Zach Snyders Justice League, while not perfect, when compared to the financially driven 2017 theater release, it is far more artistic in value. Anyone who has watched both can tell where passion rose above budgetary decisions.

…it’s a release promotion. It was a reward for people bringing attention to Siptah. Doesn’t make much sense to make a release promotion available outside of that, now does it?

Well, it’s not actually unheard of. Some games, like Anno, do just that. After some time they simply unlocked all previous drops for everyone in a patch.

The problem isn’t that they want to promote their product on Twitch. The problem is the “exclusive” aspect of the promotion.

Give people the option to spend time or money to get those items.
Spend time watching twitch or Spend money like a DLC.

3 Likes

I was going to say the same thing in a long rambling exposition post, then read this - and you pretty much said what I was writing minus 2000 words. Thanks!

As someone who moved to NY with aspirations of being an artist in the mid 2000s, I came to the fast realization that a lot of folks who pursue the arts are either going to burnout quickly and need to find a steady source of work or were born into a trust fund and can actually spread their wings and do what they want to do. Having wealth means that you can make PLENTY of mistakes and keep at it. A few of my friends are success stories 15 years later, but their parents had a heavy hand in paving the way by bankrolling their early production.

3 Likes

Funcom gave you an option. Watch or don’t. For those of us who did, yay, some FREE stuff. If you’re too busy it sucks but hey it’s free and here is a HUGE time window to do it if you are interested. My goodness the complaints in this thread are annoying! You sound like spoiled brats who must have everything without working for it. At least you get the community gifts from this week and you didn’t put any effort towards that. Sit down!

1 Like

watching someone play video games is working now?

2 Likes

i am playing on pc only,not ps

1 Like

I work 12 hour shifts, I figured it out.

Here you go…

https://forums.funcom.com/t/twitch-drops-campaign/168747?u=h3rb1

2 Likes

I run my own company, work over 18 hrs some days by the time I’m finished doing quotes and bookwork but it’s not a competition :man_shrugging: Why can’t ppl wrap their heads around the fact that their circumstances are not other people’s nor are they even relevant when considering other peoples. Some ppl simply do not have access to stable internet. Some ppl have kids and either can’t or won’t dedicate why little time they have to watching twitch streams. Others can’t afford the data. Just because you managed doesn’t make it ok in others eyes.

5 Likes

That’s… not what I was saying. I was laughing that the poster basically said that watching Twitch streams was “working for” the reward.

I mean I know a lot of money changes hands over people’s attention on the internet but damn. Maybe I should send content creators a bill for my time when I watch their youtube videos? After all there are literally millions of other things I could be choosing to do, they should pay me to watch!

Usagi Yojimbo for profile pic?! Nice!

1 Like

The time window was really big tbh. You could’ve watched EU streamers for 6 hours and then US streamers for another 6 hours, not to mention that you could do this on multiple platforms, such as phone and PC.
If you didn’t find time to open twitch then clearly you didn’t want the drops.

I own a ps4 and a landline(House phone). No computer, no cell phone. When I did own a cell phone it certainly was not a pocket television.

1 Like

@Ignasi Just wanted to confirm that if I did watch all the Twitch drops and claimed them properly, that in the future they will eventually be in my inventory? Or will I need to send some kind of email or message to Funcom with proof once this PS issue is fixed?

1 Like

Yes, if claimed on Twitch it is just a matter of us fixing the issue with PS4 not correctly fetching that information from your Twitch account. Once we’ve fixed the problem, the drops should show in your game as expected.

4 Likes

Any possibility that u guys tryed to fix it already, i dont know what happened, but yesterday i had all twitch drops in feats but now they all are gone… ( PC)

1 Like

Sorry Neo, I prayed to Crom lastnight for continued success to PC players.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.