Is this a me problem or a funcom problem?

The issue in question is, can the spacing be closed above the character centre dot.
Appreciate the help in advance

It can, but not with a uniform line of square ceiling tiles. When you lay out a huge perimeter, you have to pay special attention to the pattern that fills it in if you want perfectly mated pieces. Hard to tell by just looking at that, but for every wedge you move away from centerline around the perimeter, you will need a wedge internally, if that makes any sense.

2 Likes

Remove the section where you have 5 wedges, and replace them with square tiles.
this should provide the extra length needed.

I can’t be 100% sure without seeing the entire layout, but it’s worth a try.

1 Like

4th one from right of gap isn’t in same pattern. (few more down that line. ) don’t think that be issue.

Looks like your middle area is unfinished, So finished from Gap and reworking middle be better option, less likely notice gap over land.

1 Like

It just creates a bigger gap

The problem here is the triangles. Using a^2+b^2=c^2 on those pieces to find the height you get 0.86### of a square foundation and once you get into the weeds, it’s a painful process trying to figure it all out. My solution to you is built up that area a bit and hide it under a placeable of some sort

4 Likes

Hmm… any chance you could simply pick up the pieces and replace them to push the gap to a less visible section?

or just go straight from outside to the middle with squares, then remove the last square and replace with zig zagged wedges till it mates

1 Like

This is a geometry problem. And damn does seeing that annoy me :exploding_head:

2 Likes

You mean the purpose-build ToS-violation? (if it were an official server :smiley: )
Or just the fact that they don’t line up?

1 Like

Without being there in person it’s hard to say but You could try removing the bridge and built it from one side. A solution “might” present itself.

This.

Once you start using wedges, things get funky

Good luck!

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think messed-up geometry is a ToS violation yet.

Building like this feels like trying to fit a square peg through a triangular hole.

1 Like

Yeah, Ge-crom-etry problem there for sure.

Always pre plan large builds in Single Player and develop your blue prints there.

In years past, this one did encounter issues where parallel lines of tiles built partially on pillars, partially off foundations, would not end up with exactly the same length. But that seemed to have been cleaned around the Siptah launch.

This is definitely a geometry issue. Not just because squares and equal lateral triangles with the same face lengths create interesting shapes, but also because of the distance covered by those pieces when tilted at a 60 or 120 angle.

How comfortable are you with Sines, Cosines, and Tangents?

3 Likes

Oh hell no. Use this instead:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fortify/comments/57sude/fortify_154_free_version_update/

Click the link that says Free Version Download.

Fortify is a tool developed for Rust, but the free version works just fine for building planning in Conan Exiles. Don’t remember what the hell I was doing with this one, but it was something I was tinkering with about a year ago:

4 Likes

I sin 'cos I want a tan.

4 Likes

Banned for land claim.

1 Like

Before you jump to conclusions, look at the pic(his hand position), I think he is in fly/creative mode and therefore likely in singleplayer :wink:

2 Likes