Is this typical of a named thrall?

Does this usually happen or is this guy trolling me because I left him in a wheel too long with nothing but pork to eat?

I don’t know what I did to this guy but he sure does hate me…

Incase someone doesn’t notice he is a Archer… I guess…:unamused:

He’s a fighter not an archer.

1 Like

He is an archer: Ulric the Accursed - Official Conan Exiles Wiki

@SabunoHakia What is the problem with him? I can see you got unlucky with the probability of getting points into ACC when he levels up.
He’s gonna be a healthy bastard, that’s for sure.

5 Likes

Well if you look closer it says archer over his head not fighter. That’s why @SabunoHakia said it. Yet @Foggy you are right, he is a damn good fighter, but if I am not mistaken they were fighters not archers isn’t it? Strange!!
@Marcospt, do you have any memory of this?

1 Like

No big issues just gonna change his settings and consider this a bummer as I needed a thrall for kiting enemies. Lol

2 Likes

All I know is I need these stats on a fighter who turned Archer so a level of irony.

Also would me have force feeding only pork affected this? I usually use Gruel, but made him cooked pork as I was being lazy, I plan to test this further. An see if the specific foods based on stat growth will affect them during their obedience training.

1 Like

His strength and vitality from the very beginning is proving he is going to be a good thrall. Playing pve it doesn’t matter that much if your thrall is going to have archer perks too.
I wish you however
Universal warrior
Might of the giants
And
Godly vigor.
For the record I used to feed my thralls on the wheel, lobsters, in the very beginning I didn’t knew how to fix gruel and the only food that was spinning the wheel was lobsters (3 to 4 years back).
I kept this habit and later on that thralls could eat literally everything on the wheel.
RELAX, play, enjoy, have fun :wink:.

1 Like

People say these multipliers matter but I tend to disagree. Maybe in some obscure math equation but in practice the differences are not humanly detectable. An archer with fighter-ish attributes kills a difficult boss in the same time that a fighter with the same attributes does. Maybe after fighting it for 2 minutes solid the archer would lag behind the fighter by 2 or 3 seconds but you would likely have to average 20 to 100 of them fighting the same difficult boss to get there. Same with fighters as archers. Given a fighter and an archer have the same bow, ammo, attributes, perks and settings, they kill difficult prey or hard bosses in the same amount of time and number of arrows.

Either the multipliers are broken, they’re not meant to be significant, or they are only there to keep the math nerds busy/happy.

~=shrug=~

1 Like

Yes, racial differences seem to span the largest range - all other things being equal.

1 Like

When we played Siptah, we had a few Ulrics. As others have said, he’s technically an archer, but we never used him as such. We would feed him gruel, put him in an STR set, slap a Ghoulish Club in his hand and send him off to murder anything that got in his way. With his decently good HP, he never had any issues

1 Like

Yeah, bearers are a different thing. They seem to be crimpled on damage and way buffed in the tankerly aspects…

1 Like

Yeah. Lol just so hilarious when you really was stoked after seeing the HP values and growth rate then see the strength and growth rate.

1 Like

I have better luck with bearers being stronger in HP and more balanced growth on all the rest, sometimes they are more specialized to a single state which is nice.

1 Like

Well I am in PvC and my Beserker has already wrecked a noob because his thrall ran in to my spiked wall to my fishery and I one shot them when they tried to punch me, I felt bad set them up and stole there dyes. But it was funny.

1 Like

Only time a Archer lags behind is when they need to do a arc shot in order to hit the enemy because there is no straight shot due to allies being in the way. But I have been wanting to use a throwing axe and Archer kiting for some bosses that my berserker can out right solo. Just to make it interesting.

Yeah, I’m saying that if you equip a fighter and an archer identically. Same weapons, same race, same armor, same perks, same stats, same settings, same tier, and same level.

If you give them both only a bow they kill at the same rate and are damaged equally. If you give them both only a 2h war hammer same deal.

My point was that the “multipliers” people often talk about don’t do anything humanly detectable (ie. there is no difference between a fighter and an archer except in name only). I realize there is math claiming that assumption is incorrect but it doesn’t show up in practice. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bearers are different from archers and fighters though - that’s noticeable. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Damage multipliers for named fighters ranging from 1.2 to 1.5 are noticeably weaker than fighters with 1.7-2.2. The difference between 1.2-1.5 and 1.7/2.2 are not that noticeable though.
Points in STR however, those are that can barely be noticeable.
Even 60 ponts in STR adds ~20% damage plus, and getting that many points IS harder than finding a thrall with 2 or higher base damage multiplier. :laughing:

1 Like

Oh I didn’t even care about the multiplier I just wanted actual stats geared towards archer but skewed so far the opposite way it’s funny and not so funny.

2 Likes

Yup, it’s nice to have the names match the abilities. One of the points that come up with my observation(s) is that you can usually just ignore the “Archer” or “Fighter” designation and treat them (equip and use them) as however they turn out with whatever stats and perks make them into in the final analysis. :slight_smile: