Is this typical of a named thrall?

Just to note, starting stats are set at a fixed amount determined by faction and tier regardless of “class”.

On Siptah, Pirates are your best source of high starting accuracy (but the tend to have trash starting HP) followed by Stygians (who have significantly more HP).

But summoning is better still. Choose your focus altar wisely.
Center gives you Dogs of the Desert style thralls, who have excellent (highest if this one recalls correctly) starting Accuracy.
West gives you Relic Hunter style thralls, also with good accuracy (same spread as Stygian Invaders).
North East can give you Aquilonians, which (tragically) seem to be copypasta stats for Relic Hunters/Stygian Invaders.

1 Like

So all the same :rofl:

1 Like

The multipliers matter more than the stats. Here’s an example:

Freya, a T4 Heirs of the North Archer needs ~61 (or it might be 71, either way its pretty high) Accuracy to match the damage of a Relic Hunter Treasure Seeker Archer with 0 Accuracy if both are using the exact same armor, bow, and arrows.

1 Like

It’s sorta a silly mess in that regard.
Also, the hidden multiplier is significant.
You may have noticed not all thralls gain hp at the same rate? Each faction has a different multiplier for how many hp they gain per point of vitality they increase.
Likewise there is a invisible number that multiplies ranged damage and different one that multiplies melee damage. These hidden numbers can vary wildly.
To put in perspective, each point of accuracy is about 1.2% extra ranged damage.
A thrall with a 20 accuracy does about an extra 25% ranged damage.
Some thralls have a hidden damage multiplier of 2 or higher.
As in, x2 damage. 100% more damage.

That these modifiers are invisible (and not figured in the bonus damage from str/acc section on the thrall menu) is really obnoxious.

But when it all stacks together, the Relic Hunter/Stygian tier 4 thralls have a minimum of 20 accuracy and tend to have high multipliers for ranged damage… leaving clear (if hidden) winners.

I have seen how the attributes correlate to the multiplier based off the thrall. So I have been experimenting with it.

I have been wondering that and playing around with melee weapons but telling them to focus on range while doing a multitude of other things.

I did a reddit post a while ago, thought I’d share the small summary here concerning surges on siptah.

Starting attributes for each surge (t4) fighters/archers/dancers are static:

North surge - 20 Str, 10 agi, 15 vit

North East surge - 15 agi, 10 vit, 20 acc

East surge - 20 agi, 10 vit, 15 acc

South surge - 10 Str, 15 vit, 20 survival

West surge - 9/9/9/9/9 across the board

Center surge - 15 Str , 20 vit, 10 survival

As you can see they always have the same starting attribute which favors one tribe over the other for fighters (South, North, center), archers (North East, East) or all rounders (west). Ultimately, you can do whatever you want though.

As a side note, vitality scales differently with each character, best way you can calculate the vitality gain is to take the bonus starting HP and divide it by the starting points in vitality.

For example, karthok of the great beast (potentially tankiest fighter on siptah) starts with 20 vitality like all t4 center surge thralls. However, his starting bonus HP is 2400, so 2400/20 = 120 HP per point in vitality. I was lucky once and my karthok got godly vigor, amongst other vit perks, and ended up having almost 15k hp with armor bonus.

Each surge also has a select pool of crafter thralls, IIRC, not every surge has all the crafter available. These surge crafter thralls usually wear unique armor sets as well, so that’s a bonus.

There’s some more info concerning t4 surges, but I don’t want to spoil everything.

Ulric the accursed is an anomaly though (I think his base hp is overtuned?) … He’s the strongest non-fighter non-surge siptah thrall basically.

2 Likes

Not yet, haven’t played in 2 days been in a smelly funk, also I thought this said any concussions SabunoHakia :rofl: @Marcospt

Shh stop saying ulric is overtuned funcom will hear you shhh lol it makes up for the bs archer lie he had been spouting that he is. Because you know…he isn’t. :rofl:

1 Like

I mean, there could be a hidden story concerning ulric on how he became an archer.

The Accursed

A tribe full of natural fighters, where the infamous berserkers hail from. After multiple raids, the tribe realized that they needed archers to shoot the enemies off the walls. However, due to their natural affinity towards melee weapons (start with 15 str and 0 acc), none could be found to pick up the bow.
This is where Ulric’s story began. He has always been a big lad who didn’t shy away from walking around bare chested brandishing his supple raw muscles for the world to behold.

And one day during a raid, an archer dared to shoot his gleaming bare chest as he was charging the wall. Ulric just threw the sword he was carrying into the pesky archer on top of the wall, very effectively, it impaled the poor soul instantly. From that moment onwards, he dubbed himself the master archer of the accursed tribe.

Small Disclaimer: this story is probably not Canon.

3 Likes

I think you misread my comment, because that’s exactly what I wrote. :slight_smile:

Karthok’s total starting HP is 7400 but his bonus hp (which I used in my previous calculations) is 2400.

Don’t see a problem really. I have a couple of Archer thralls that are great fighters, so I use them that way. I normally don’t place archers, but these were placed by my clan mate, so we levelled them up, and they turned out to be skilled fighters.

1 Like

Ulric is Siptah’s Teimos with the odd ball stat assignments. I don’t know if he is a fast leveler but I always use Ulric as a fighter. The classifications on the NPC fighters are merely suggestions and serve no benefit that i can see. He will level with a 90% chance of Vitality and a 75% chance of strength…he will level very nice as a fighter. Don’t let a label when you knocked him out limit his potential.

3 Likes

Yup! This ^^^

Whatever derived, secret numbers or multipliers there are which are supposed to distinguish a fighter from an archer don’t seem to be humanly detectable in practice. The numbers being talked about above and within this discussion do point to the strengths and weaknesses between races but not between the two types (archer and fighter) within the same race+tier+level. If they are supposed to - and I dunno if they are because I’ve not looked into it - then the system is broken or bugged. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Depends on the bird. I bet you will get more drag with a condor dung than sparrow.

In this case, as in at least one other, it’s probably best to level him lovingly with tasty fish. My great Mandughai was like that, at first. She leveled wonderfully as an archer, yet balanced for melee if the bad guys ever got over my castle walls.

3 Likes

You get me💕

1 Like

Well if I were an archer in the Conan Exiles world and my master was too cheap to supply me with a good melee weapon I would secretly be plotting his death! And if I were a swordsman who sucked at swordplay but could split a bullseye arrow with bow and arrow 10 times out of ten but wasn’t allowed a bow, I would organize an insurrection! :smiley:

And searching around it’s pretty common in ancient times:

It doesn’t matter what you call me (archer, fighter, bomber or lamer) as long as allow me to defend myself and my mates with the tools I’m most proficient with.

3 Likes

@TeleTesselator
Well… It is a long story but why not, after all you brought real history on the table, so people should blame you for what follows…
Ancient Greece, one legendary warrior existed and his name still fills our langs with pride, his name was Ahilleas o Myrmidon, known as Achilles to the rest of the world. He had a cousin and dear friend his name was Patroklos.
In the famous War of Troy Ahilleas refused to continue fighting, he was in conflict with Agamemnon the King of Greeks (for a woman apparently, always for a woman :rofl::rofl::rofl:). So his cousin Patroklos steal Achilles armor and lead the Myrmidon army, nobody knew it was Patroklos until Paris (the Troyan lover who stole beautiful Helen and started this war) who was an exceptional archer shot to kill Patroklos. When the armor was removed and people realized that it was Patroklos and not Achilles, everyone knew what would follow. Achilles honored his cousin as a king of Myrmidon and went alone in front of the Troyan walls shouting to Paris to shoot, Paris did shoot several times but his arrows didn’t hurt the “demi God”, so he humiliate Paris. The next Paris must do was to go out and face Achilles to regain his honor. Ector (Hector), the brother of Paris meet him in the way and force him to deliver his armor, Hector was the fighter Paris was just an archer, an exceptional but an archer. So Hector now, wearing Paris armor went to face his death. Achilles didn’t knew who he was killing, so when he did he bound with a rope the dead body on a chariot and dragged the dead body to the whole length of the wall and keep it as a war trophy, his manice for vengeance
blinded him.
The same night, Priamos, the father of Hector and king of Troy, dressed with rags and went to Achilles tent to ask for his sons body. Achilles at the beginning refused but when Priamos explained that it was Hector not Paris and he got sacrificed for his little brother to live, then Achilles not only allowed him to retrieve the body but promised as well that no Greek will attack until the mourn of the king is over. Priamos and Achilles agreed that Hector deserved a kings funeral.

Sorry, for this, it is a beautiful story and I lost it a bit…
Yet archers are archers and fighters are fighters :wink:

3 Likes

Last i remember, they do. There is a command table in the thralls (npcs) data that has a comun. The str8ngvis attack patterns. my guess thise are rng, and some were different than others for humans.