It's a bad day when

… You have 2 boxes to open. You do 2 fast (no killing involved) quests while waiting for RF to pop. In that RF you get kill #20 AND Fatality #5 on the last boss. So you have 4 daily tasks complete and only one buff to show for it.

I spent the next 30 to 40 minutes trying to get an unchained going before I went to work, but nothing.

I can’t count the amount of times I’ve gotten kill 20 and fatality 5 at the same time.

1 Like

I call that a trif***ta…oops, I mean trifecta

I’ve been in the same situation as you … and after that happened once I learnt my lesson.

If I have two or three boxes to open then I find a set of low level npc I can safely kill with white hits to get my 20 kills without risk of fatalities (even on a caster - when I’m getting close to the 20 kills but haven’t already got the fatality buff then I kill one npc at a time with spells or even switch to melee white hits). The 20 kills should be fast. The fatalities can take more effort, so I usually try to get those whilst doing a couple of quests.

Fatalitys is nice to do at the chickens in heavens lake, they respawn rly fast. Do combostarter in the air and only land finishers.

1 Like

Spamming the slam instant combo from level 2 or so is a nice way to do it also, you can instantly interrupt it and start the combo right after (pressing W and the combo starter rapidly at the same time so to say) that again until you land a finisher.

1 Like

That works on ranger too: start a “combo”, and if it doesn’t trigger the fatality, cancel it and try again, until you get it. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes exactly, it works for all instant combos.

Barbarian’s decapitation too