Journey Tasks/Map Locations Lost #2

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: [UE]

Hi, I apologize in advance if the answer has already been given but I only found one topic talking about my concern and it’s closed (here : Journey Tasks/Map Locations Lost).

Completed Journey Tasks do not display after logging off and then logging back into the game.

Map Location Markers do not display after logging off and then logging back into the game.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. I play for a few minutes, discover locations on the map and make some Journeys Tasks (especially chapters 1, 2 and 3) ;
  2. I disconnect by pressing “escape”, then “Exit to the main menu”, then I quit the game ;
  3. I reconnect to the server, and I end up with the problems mentioned above ;
  4. All successful Journeys Tasks in Chapters 2 and 3 are greyed out with a question mark, the Journeys Tasks in Chapter 1 are blocked (https://i.imgur.com/4dFHi8Q.jpg)
  5. As you can see on the next screen, I am climbing on a wall but I still have to succeed on the corresponding journey (https://i.imgur.com/9D86WkW.jpg)
  6. And all Map Location Markers discovered do not display after logging off and then logging back into the game.

I tryed to delete the character, waited for the automatic reboot, recreated the character, always the same concern.
I tried to recreate a character under a different name (maybe a synchronization problem with the server, who knows?), always the same problem.
However, I don’t have this problem on other servers (and they are at the same revision “128262/20873”), nor on my solo game.

Thank you in advance for the answer, and I remain available for any request for additional information.

Jez

1 Like

Hey there @Jezboy

Welcome to our community.
We’re aware of this issue and our team is looking into it.
We apologize for the frustration this might cause until it’s fixed.

1 Like

Hi @Ignasi,

For your information, the server administrator has found a solution.

He used the “DebugRemovePlayer SteamID” function, which allowed me to find the locations discovered on the map as well as the update of my journeys.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my message, hoping that you will find a more appropriate solution for this kind of situation :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Jez

2 Likes

Would be interesting to know since when this server is running. I mean, how old the DB is.

Had this happen to me once. Also new character, like you, did some exploration, some journey steps, some landmarks added, then loged out. When i came back, journey-steps was missing, and most discovered places to.
But then, when i reboted, and reloged, all appeared again.
But this was any older DB, createt around last end-summer. Never had this issue with a newer DB.
Again, this means nothing, would need more tests in this range.

Hi,

The server is a little less than a month old.

1 Like

ok, thanks for answer, so a new DB. :thinking:

So time, and older DB’s seems not be the issue here.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting back with your findings @Jezboy

Sending it to our team :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.