Just a reminder about lag, and what happens when it lags. :)

I have already, so no you havent read all the thread. You just one of this denying people I wanted to show. But guess you cant turn everyone around lol.

There’s would be no reason for an actual hacker to make a post in the forums actually about a ban appeal. If the case was that I was cheating I would probably just buy a new account. But since this is not the case I wont. I dont wanna spend money on something that im not sure about gonna deal with situations like this in a correct way.

4 Likes

Português (BR)
OK. Desejo sorte para resolver este problema de coração boa sorte! Mas tenho que dizer que essa discursão acabou me lembrando de informar sobre o desempenho do servidor que eu jogo 1977 que estava OFF até algumas horas e enquanto falava enviei o reporte relatando o problema e já voltou a funcionar após resete diário via Zendesk eu adorei poder jogar hoje :star_struck:

"Saudações exilado,

Recebemos seu relatório oficial de problemas de desempenho do servidor… "

Your e-mail is not associated to your Funcom account. And it’s trivially easy to submit a Zendesk report from an IP different from the one you use to play.

You either don’t understand well what “authentication” means, or you simply haven’t given this enough thought.

I can say one thing and that is that video evidence is one of the worst forms an admin can have to use. For example, the video linked by the OP has no indication on what server they are playing on. It could be a company provided server. It might be a private server. I can likely rule out coop and obviously singleplayer, but that’s it.

Videos can be taken anywhere. And half the time they’re a mess. In my experience screenshots are better, for most things. Now screenshots can’t show what video can such as hacking, lagging, and other in motion things. They’re only good to see where something happened.

But again. In either case, both can be fabricated. When you have a player trying to get another banned. Usually its because of some animosity and hostility. It means facts are going to be obscured, details left out, and in many cases (way more than you’d think) fabrication happens.

Whenever I’ve dealt with bannable infractions reported to me, I never relied solely on video or image evidence. I would use them to get an idea of where I should be looking. One of the great things about landclaim spam is that you don’t need video or image evidence. Screenshots help look in an area and that is it. But if the area is described enough, I’m pretty sure I’ll find it. Even better if coordinates are provided.

When dealing with hacking. Well that requires eyes on the player in the act. Now I won’t say video is entirely useless in this regard. If you’re a server admin with intimate knowledge on a server (impossible for a company provided server), then it can help. It definitely makes forgeries harder.

But how would everyone respond to a video showing the same area in the OP. But instead of some questionable maybe lag maybe not. We show it from another point of view with him flying around, ghosting into objects (in the floating animation, showing its an actual ghost/fly command at work). Because that can easily be fabricated in this sense. The area they are fighting is easily recreated in creative mode. Getting a few peeps together to film something is also easy, matching gear… totally easy given zero mods are in play to increase the combinations into the hundreds of thousands.

Would everyone change their tune and ‘burn the witch’ so to speak? Possibly.

Point is, I don’t see it likely that a ban resulting from a single posted video is getting someone banned. Because if they do… then there is absolutely no reason to play on those servers. I could get every forum user I had a disagreement with banned tonight if that was the case.

I’m not suggesting that there wasn’t a false ban here. Only that a single video probably wasn’t the cause. But like I said, if it was. You all are wasting your time on those servers. If they have a ban on one piece of sketchy evidence policy, then chances are they aren’t getting better. No matter how much people squirm and cry for it. Having a policy like that doesn’t mean they don’t care. They despise you.

We’re not talking apathy. We’re talking straight animosity.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure that’s the case, you dont need to give them more evidence. :slight_smile: I have reported cheaters in similar way, by recording. Giving them the ID and then poof they gone.

If its true, then yeah, its entirely a waste of time. Everyone should consider up and leaving for a better moderated spot. Let FC pay for empty servers.

1 Like