Just curious : Mods in 3.0

The changes to building are likely going to take quite a bit of work for notable personages…

Good to plan for them to break so it won’t be unexpected.

Hehe, each to their own. I am not sure where I would be without my wife. Maybe I would still be in my parents’ basement. LOL. Joking aside, what works for me (or others) does not work for everyone. 20 years single is a long time. I am 24 years married.

True, hopefully those building mods won’t break though.

I can see anything with armor and weapons breaking though due to the changes. I can see things with attributes breaking as well. Fashionist may break or not for example due to Trasmog.

Building may not break since they are not directly changing building pieces, just how you can craft them. I do not recall they are changing the building pieces themselves, but of course no idea on the changes to the database so… anything could happen of course.

Pippi will be only 2.0 or early, from what I understand. But that’s more that the dev for that is leaving CE.

I heard Pippi was being replaced by CAT “ConanExiles Admin Tool” (by Misanthropic Face who did the MultiChar mod: Steam Workshop::MultiChar ).

Pippi is potentially being replaced by 3+ mod authors. Until they do release the product, we do not know how well they replace Pippi. And even the replacement will not replacing all what Pippi does. So, some features will be lost. (For example, Bluboard will highly unlikely not be replaced at least in 2022 or at all.)

I am looking forward seeing the new replacement(s) and which one will be the one I end up using. Initially, due to rush to release this mod, there will be issues/multiple bug fixes/updates so it will be a bumpy ride early on.

1 Like

Like most, impatient waiting on this. Playing 7D2D; ugly game lol

Always thought Pippi was more of a server host tool. Never used it. The mod I like the most was emberlight, added a lot to the game it really needed. The 300 level cap was next, I like to be everything playing solo all the time. Rather work it through to unlock everything. But the grind is real lol

Like to host a server but fixed income means tight budget.

There are at least 4 mod authors working on replacing pippi, or at least portions of pippi.

Its also worth pointing out what “replace” means if successful. It would not mean that any broken pippi content would work again. The admin would have to replace the broken pippi item with the new item that (hopefully) accomplishes the same task. I think that’s obvious of course, but not everyone may realize it.

2 Likes

True. It’s assumed anything used by Pippi mod will all go away. You will have to recreate all the settings, etc. with the new mod. Basically starting over, with some pre-written plans of prior development. It will be assumed nothing will be imported over to the new mod.

2 Likes

I knew you know this… I have however seen plenty of people in the last weekish who appear to be laboring under what only appears to be a false impression… figured it was worth a note while we were on the topic. Saving mushi scripts come to mind…

1 Like

I’m looking at it as practically a new game. It looks like so much is going to change we’ll have to relearn how to play.

Wonder if there is any chance this could hit test for a week before going main game? Seems like the smart thing to do, but…

Wonder if emberlight items may end up being season pass items?

Opinions? The End Of Pippi - YouTube

2 Likes

That was awesome! I was afraid to click on the link, because I thought it was going to be some clickbaity load of crap for connoisseurs of tinfoil headwear.

Instead, I spent almost 6 minutes enjoying this dude’s levelheaded approach and some much-needed positivity.

Thanks for sharing that, @DeaconElie! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it was confirmed by the devs that the update will go on TestLive first.

In the Amsterdam stream/twitch event with the nice lady, it was mentioned they had wanted the testlive to already be active by that point.
Unfortunate that it wasn’t (isn’t) but the intent is there.
The tragic timing of Pippi loss (which would be painful regardless of when it happened) can cause anxiety. Very understandable. That it correlates with the other situations is a very wealthy source of foil helms.

The larger the update, the more potential for challenges when updating a mod.
In this case, stats, follower parameters, and the build system are all getting more than just a touch up. That’s a lot to work with.
As mentioned above, patience is a virtue. Especially in an era where games rarely, of ever, leave their “early access” state of completion.

Then I need to update test; haven’t run it in ages. Although I might aught to wait till the update is on it?

I liked the old building system, had issues but worked fine. If hammer building fixes those issue good. I’m sure everyone has experienced the “nope” piece. No matter what you do the piece you want to put there just wont go. From what I understand the new system is like Rafts hammer building. 7D2D has hammer upgrading, which I like. Build it out of wood then just tap tap it up to the next level.

Seems an update this drastic would require server wipes. Can’t recall hearing if they were or not but I’d recommend it.

I haven’t bought a game in quite a while, tiered of paying to beta.

I used to be an actual alpha tester. Last game I did was Defiance. That was a ship show. I turned down invites after that. We told them days before the release; last build before release, there was a literal game stopper bug in one of the main story line missions. They released it anyway; then blamed the alpha testers for saying it was ready. Hundreds of preorder refunds the first day.

It depends. If you run base game only, no wipes needed. If you run mods, it would depend what breaks and whether the mod is still supported or discontinued.

Waiting with TestLive is fine, the update is probably going to be massive in any case so you may as well wait and download it then.

Lot of games make drastic, complete overhaul changes to the game and there are no server wipes. Refund your points, sure. A wipe will not happen since they already said they will not do server wipes.

Private servers are a different story. Each admin will do what is best for their server(s).

Test was a quick enough down load but so far it looks like official PVE is closed. Going to check the rest.

I’m a pessimist, I already see people’s elaborate base builds going spudge lol

Sort of like when you use a mod to ignore building rules and an update breaks the mod. Instant ruins.

And no open servers on test. Ask me if I’m surprised?
Oh well, just bought state of decay 2 was on sale 66% off, and I liked the first SoD.