Just my 2 cents now funcom, as of lately there is to many duplicates

Yes the weapons, looks the same.

The last one that took the CAKE was the new legendary you can purchase from pearls, thats just a rotated Solspeil :rofl: :joy:

Please hire a Weapon designer and the issue is fixed :aaaaaa:

1 Like

Whats funny… is I don’t mind.

Cause the designs are all pretty decent.

Monster Hunter World on other hand… does re-colors…but the base design was trash… so it feels so much worse, LOL
Oh look… its the SNS club everyone makes fun of, and its now One of best Safi Weapons…LOL.

1 Like

True but this is the most altered one, most looks exactly the same. I thought I had five Good 1h, but all where dueling blade of the hawk wich shares picture with that other one umm…

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

did we talk about the weapons look or the icons? all I see are icons

Well actually, most of the weapons are nothing “new” because they already appeared in Age of Conan, they just got ported over to Conan Exiles (same with many building pieces, decorations and armors).

Extremely common in the game development world to reuse assets. This is not news, at all. It’s actually a valuable asset to being able to reuse the same assets in different ways, with extra creativity being a plus.

It is not financially feasible, no matter what game it is, to have every single asset be drawn up completely unique and new. Pick a game from your library, and I guarantee that the vast majority of the various assets you see everywhere in that game are re-used.

There is shared resources in every game yes. But if you refer to the DLC armors in particular, it’s not something that was “copy and pasted” like some of the comments I’ve seen thrown around.

1 Like

Exactly.

Would I like to see more unique looking Items? Yes, deffinately.

Do I mind a few reskins? No, not at all.

As long as the DLC-content looks unique. The shield thing is quite funny though… :grin:

They obviously didn’t just get copied and pasted, they have higher texture resolutions, better models in some places and sometimes different models (dark Templar helmet for example… though I think the “original” helmet from AoC is indefinitely better than the one we have in CE).
I find nothing wrong about reusing models and so on, I actually like it in the case of CE because in a way I now can create a house in AoC style even though AoC has no player housing system (which I always wanted, now I just have it in a different game so to say).

I dont mind weapons from AoC, im talking inventory wise in Conan Exiles.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.