Just remove chairs PvP?

Its what Funcom did with the Gods for almost a year now so I mean…why not?

2 Likes

And you know there is no way they could implement removing chairs from official PvP and not from all PvP. And that is not what people are asking for. They are asking for chairs to be removed from PvP servers. Not “just official” PvP servers. So maybe if you read the thread or had any idea how things were implemented in the game you would see how this is just not a feasible solution at all. After all, were gods removed only from “official PvP” servers? Nope, they were removed from the entire game.

I want everyone to be safe out there, and know this isn’t simply about meshing. If you play on a server where you wouldn’t want someone to get inside your house or base, pick up your chairs as soon as you can. I won’t be any more specific than this, as I’m sure you can understand. Please feel free to DM me and I’ll outline your best bets for chair placement if you still wish to use them.

Gods are there. It is a toggle.

1 Like

One of the only things Funcom dose right is the multitude of On/Off switches. I’m on an RP-PVP server that still has gods enabled. They can add an on/off switch for chairs, have it off on official PvP servers where people are cheating and the privet servers can still have them on.

There are other ways to undermesh but chairs are the easiest and most common way. Removing them and then “Actually Fixing the Problem” is a viable thing to do.

1 Like

Thank you Narelle, I didn’t realize that. Good to know.

Actually yes, this does only need to be on officials. Want to know why? Private servers have admins. Admins can ban undermeshers and cheaters. Hence, no need to modify their game…since it was also stated above that gods are enabled on some private servers.

So, Ill just stick with my point about removing them from official pvp servers, since that is indeed ONE way to mesh.

2 Likes

Chairs are really cheap, its nothing more than a minor inconvenience for your room decoration as opposed to losing an entire base to undermeshers.

1 Like

I didnt expect so much debate on my post.

My point is, undermeshes is like cancer to PvP on official servers, i dont want to play on a private server.

Just remove chairs from Official PvP servers, so people who play PvE still can use decoration as they want.

When the problem is fixed, enable chairs again? You dont need a freking chair on PvP anyway.
I just been invaded by 2 different cheater clans (i call them cheaters because they build undermesh) they kept raided beginners, and destroyed some of my walls, no big deals. But alot of the new players on the server, got raided by these undermeshers.

Its PvP fair enough! - But… These player didnt give up, they build a new base, farmed bombs, and try to revenge, but they couldnt? They didnt know how to get undermesh, like 98% of the playerbase, so why not just do such a easy fix, and solve alot of problems? I know there is other ways to get undermesh, like using animals to attack you (Be in a clan, bring a rhino, leave clan, attack rhino, get pushed undermesh) its really easy, but again, it sounds like really “easy” fixes there needs to be done.

I am not a coder or anything, but why not fix such a HUGE problem? Invest 2-3 hours into it, and get it done. I will remove so many problems on official servers, the server i played on was like 30/40 every evening, now we sit back with 9 players online right now, maybe maxed 15 when people are done eating. And its only the hackers fault, but mostly funcom for not focusing on fixing such a huge problem.

The difficulty is you risk throwing out the baby with the bathwater. A zero-tolerance policy for undermesh could possibly get benign players kicked for simply mis-casting a block, and then trying to retrieve it.

For example, in the interstitial spaces above waterfalls in the Darfari zone, it’s super easy to accidentally place a block well inside the mesh, and then connect it to your main building without any nefarious actions intended. The system is made “spongy” so that we can have blocks that neatly feather into the terrain rather than shredded, torn or blocky at the edges. This is a beautiful, flexible environment that should not be ruined in broadcast fashion, thanks to bad players.

Fixing the entry points takes technique and manpower. That amounts to more time, unless more aggressive measures are taken. Finding that balance is essential, and not something a lot of players generally consider when they think about the maintenance required.

1 Like

But this again is an excuse, not a real reason. Just logging in to reported servers and checking the location, one can tell a legit accidental 1 or 2 blocks vs vaults, work stations, and multiple items far underneath the mesh (especially in reported an "known areas that are being cleaned up with patches as we speak). As long as we find what ifs, the exploiters win. They are playing on that very gray area, and nothing, and i mean nothing, is being done to tell them they aren’t wanted by Funcom.

That wasn’t the point of my post, though. What I mean is this task takes a bit more “expertise” than simply logging in to check, and that knowledge might actually be more dangerous to the game if it becomes widespread. :slight_smile:

Agree

I do, but in this way you do damage control. Instead of a few glitches of places to undermesh, you can do almost the whole map with chairs.

I did already understand your point :slight_smile:

No problems Olumat, I respect and am all for different viewpoints, how I unfortunately cannot agree with yours on this occasion. I wouldnt call it a codex of honour, there would be no ‘honour system’ at play here. Rather a set of rules which will be policed, and where a person is found to have offended, enforced without mercy or leniency. The penalty for cheating or undermeshing, especially for repeat offenders should be a ban from all official servers. I have outlined in far greater detail how I feel that this issue could best be handled here (Post no.29)

So we should just remove chairs and give perpetrators free rein to find a new way no undermesh, no consequences or repercussions…? Sorry but to me that is faulty logic. As with real life negative actions should be accompanied by negative consequences.

Our focus should be on removing criminals from society, not removing the items they used to commit the crimes from society. For example, if a person uses an automobile or a tool to commit a crime, should the answer be to remove all vans or crowbars…? Of course not, it both is and should be to punish perpetrators accordingly. The people who do the right thing and follow the rules should not be punished and made to do without on account of those who violate them. The same rings true on this issue.

My point exactly. Thankyou very much Shadoza.

Correct answer! :white_check_mark: Thankyou Zeb. Im sure that like most of us have now seen the videos of players stacking foundations and climbing over the green Cursed Wall to build in the outer rim. So what, should we now start to remove foundations too…!? Yeah I thought not. The root cause of the problem is the people

Generally speaking here, I do not like or the idea of removing items, as in my experiences if an item gets removed it will either be a LOONNNG time until it gets added back in, or it simply wont. I refer to Gods and Crossbows respectively here.

PS- @CodeMage dont throw your arms up and give up on this one my friend, or before you know it theyll be wanting half the in-game items removed. And we shouldnt have to suffer so that perps can have a free pass to re-offend.

1 Like

You do raise a valid point, that its not always “correct” to remove the tool used when someone does something wrong.

Problem is…

……

……undermeshing has been around since day 1 of the game, and there is no chance Funcom will EVER fix the issue. It will always be a part of the game. Adding new content to the game is only adding new ways to enter the mesh. Elevators, hatch frames, cosmetics (chairs etc)….the list goes on and until they stop adding content, it will continue.

Please read our community guidelines here:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-community-guidelines-please-read/54375