Killed, or died, in my own House

Game mode: [Offline | Singleplayer]
Problem: Died
Region: North of noob river, middle of map

This might not be a bug, but I’m throwing it out here to see what you all think. The last few days have been bug free for me as far as losing things. That’s great.

My house is a single story with windowed walls all around and made out of sandstone. I was standing in there when I had to run and take care of the dogs. Was gone for maybe 6 minutes. I come back and see my dead body laying there next to my bed. Luckily I was able to collect my stuff. I was perplexed as to why I died when I noticed I was taking damage. I had plenty of water and food so that wasn’t the issue, and, I wasn’t poisoned or hindered in any way. I also noticed what looked like black ribbons flying through my house through the windows!!! I go outside and see the same thing and immediately start taking damage. Is this a modified sandstorm? I’ve been through those but it looks like your typical sandstorm. This was weird as it was black ribbons flying horizontally through the air somehow harming me.

Anybody?

in a single story a sandstorm can still hurt you if you are by the windows. My guess is you may hive died to the sandstorm. you have to see the sheltered status at the top left or be wearing a sandstorm mask to avoid damage. unfortunately just being inside your building may not have been enough shelter if you were too close to a window. I always build two stories and have windows on the second story to avoid that. Not sure this is what happened but its my guess.

Yep, I think so too. The sandstorm just looked weird as it was happening and after I had died. I’ve built a second story now so I should be safe. Thanks.

yeah its bugged if you load in while its going on you wont actually see it but still take damage from it