Kudos to the NPC Armor Change

At least in Siptah, they changed the armor values of creatures such as Rocknoses, Elephants, Rhinos, and other ‘tough’ beasts to actually reduce our damage by a significant amount. The bonus to this is that armor pen weapons are useful in PVE and Bleeds are way more useful as well. I’d imagine sundering has a good use here as well.

Has this had any effect in the Exiled Lands for similar creatures? I haven’t played there since the change.

I definitely like the idea of different weapon types being better depending on the creatures we’re fighting. This was a great decision.

3 Likes

Haven’t daggers always been OP for pve? The flat stacking bleed tears down most enemies and it’s the best choice against non humanoid/squishy mobs

1 Like

the idea of different weapons for different creatures is nice, but they nerfed too much some creatures.
for example, you can 1-2 hits mammoth on siptah island

Full agreement here - I’ve already had to adjust to fighting Rocknoses on Siptah with 2-handed hammer instead of axe (and yes - the sunder’s great :wink: ). It used to feel like the sunder weapons were only really relevant against bosses, now they feel like an important part of the toolkit.

Yes, tanky, but it gets annoying when they gank you 5 at the time
God I hate them… there too many of them and they always hit you… even if you block or dodge… there is always one sneaking up with roaring sounds behind you

2 Likes

The first couple of light swings with a two-handed hammer can knock back several at a time - I’ve certainly found it useful, maybe it could help you? (Of course, I recognise many people don’t like the hammer because it’s so slow, but honestly, once I got the timing down pretty well I’ve found it to be one of the more flexible weapons - and weirdly easier to time dodges with than other weapons (though maybe that’s just me…))

1 Like

Yes the Exiled Lands have this change as well. Rock noses can take quiet the beating of you don’t use a weapon with a good amount of armor pen, they also can’t bleed anymore. Same for elephants they were killed with one or two flint arrows when the Siptah patch came but now they feel like miniboss fights which makes hunting for ivory and thick leather a lot more exciting.

So much better yes, the way my clan member took them out was with a few dagger slices hahaha
It is much much better this way

Npcs at Exiles side are said to be tougher now aswell. As an example Rocknoses dont bleed here aswell. (Its still not bad on cats and wolves etc). One of those only npc types I use blunt weapons are those.

The only real down side about the changes is the game is now alot more item power based. Virtual character stats pretty much suck. Attributes are creeping on the floor. (All except Vitality, Encumbrance)

Because the heavy lag avoids effectively dodging and counter attackng and forces the players attack and flee or strafe as much as they can now.

Yeah exactly, when I went out to get thick leather I was like “Ok… now how are we going to do that with just a basic bow and flint arrows…”, since I am playing on 2x damage from NPCs they can be extremely dangerous when charging.
Needless to say I was very confused when I killed it instantly with a charged shot when he stormed towards me :smile:

1 Like

Not anymore. Now they’re proper mammoths.

I did notice they like to join midfight, its like they wait a moment before popping up.

I’m gonna have to try a 2 Handed Hammer on them like someone suggested. I’ve been having fun derping around with a Rhino mount. I don’t really care how effective it is, its been fun for now.

The Rhino is a bulldozer that is kind of fun yeah

Not necessarily. There are enemies and situations where another weapon is better. But daggers are definitely one of the better overall options, especially when it comes to boss fights.

I’m still having a giggle at my archers who run head 1st into a fight, so they can pew pew pew pointblank instead of from afar. —’

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.