Lack of offensive casting 3.0

So you are just here to be obtuse, and realize you have lost the argument. I see.

3 Likes

The Exiled Lands are not canon with the books writtent by Robert E. Howard. Neither are those events that are about to be added to the game. A surge with souls flying? A green egg oozing with magic that absorbs human souls? An ice bridge? Adding offensive magic would be the next logical step.
Funcom can also make spells cosmetic. Just imagine, blue fire balls, green fire balls, pink fire balls. I would spend money on that kind of thing and give Funcom my support.

I am. I play sometimes with my clan mates on those servers. And each time it is thralls and players casting those spells non stop, very little melee. Hence why FC wont do the “make everyone” a magic fighter casting.

1 Like

You know thats because EL is BASED on the books and comic and maybe something of the movie xD
and last time i checked in arnold’s conan there wasn’t a fireball shot from the hands of a caster instantly.

1 Like

This comment proves just how ignorant you are and how little you pay attention to the topic of which you are making an argument. It was specifically explained in the Dev stream. The “Glass Cannon” yes will result in a 50% reduced health pool BUT with corruped Strength perks you will be able unleash god like melee attacks. So its a 50/50 chance of you one shoting them or them one shoting you.

I would post that portion of the dev stream but I don’t know how. Perhaps @Multigun or someone would mind doing so I would appreciate.

Has nothing to do with being cool to say “hur hur hur muh conan universe hur hur hur” but… a lot of us do play this game specifically because we’re fans of the conan universe and we want the game to reflect the conan universe because… its based on the conan universe.

Not a reskinned WOW clone or ESO or Final Fantasy. Go do that if thats what you want out of a game. Pretty much every fantasy game on the market today does that; you are literally spoiled for choice if you want offensive style fireball magic in your games.

3 Likes

"I believe in travelling light’…rimshot…AND thoroughly enjoy Conan AS CONAN was conceived and carried on for years in paper and ink.

Conan Exiles is heavily focused on melee combat.

There will be an offensive spell that does damage and potentially (AoE RNG) oneshot your opponents already.

Why add more of this? Better remove the mentioned spell and keep it melee.

The world of Conan isn’t a high fantasy setting. So flashy offensive casting like Fireball, Meteor Storm etc won’t appear as it doesn’t fit with the low fantasy setting. If you want crap like that, play WoW, ESO, Skyrim or Dungeons and Dragons. As for the sorcery on offer in 3.0, there’s nothing stopping you from summoning undead and unleashing them to nibble on an opponent while you sit back out of reach, casually drinking a cup of tea. Hell, use sorcery to turn invisible and hunt your enemies like Predator.

1 Like

Like specifically where its at when its discussed during the dev stream on Youtube? Right Click on Video → Option Menu Shows Up → Copy Video URL at Current Time.

Or do you mean link to the part on my recap? That one the thread has to be unlocked (which the recap currently is), and then you just highlight the part you want to link and when you release your mouse button a “quote” button will show up. Click that, then cut and paste the text you got in the reply box and post it in the intended thread.

Hopefully I’m making sense :stuck_out_tongue:

And they did. And they talked about what it is they want for their game and their audience.

Here you go, time stamped it for you and everything. So many falsehoods in this thread, not really worth pointing them all out. Probably best you move to other games that fit your demands better.

7 Likes

Thank you kindly good Sir. Both for the vid post and the instruction its greatly appreciated.

you are quite welcome to continue playing Age of Calamity. No need to bring that garbage into official servers thanks.

You’re right, the game’s events are not canonical. However, they try to be as faithful as possible to the canon, in that they’re expanding the story, not contradicting it. And that’s the fine line Funcom is treading.

That green egg thing seems totally in line with what we’ve seen in Howard’s stories. It instantly brought into mind the Heart of the Elephant. The ice bridge is maybe a bit too Disney, but I’ll… let it go.

But at this point in the thread, since we’re discussing lore, I feel I need to remind you that trolls are not part of Hyborian Age lore, so you might want to try your luck in some LotR-themed forums.

2 Likes

Well considering Funcom owns Canon lock stock and barrel…I think it is.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.