Larathiel's Isle (and Wilds) of Doom (UNofficial #1502)

Yep, I remember you! While your old spot has a resident on mine, there’s still lots of great places to build if you want to come join us. And yes, Stabilise Camera was the 1st mod I installed. :smiley:

2 Likes

the cave!!! lol

im happy you remember me:) i am going to download those mods, and put them in the exact order. the only thing im not sure about is the #10 mod , emberlight 3 savage steel vol ll?
are those the same ? i see savage steel vol ll as mod #8 unless my coffee didnt kick in yet

2 Likes

Oh, good catch on the typo! Should be fixed now. :slight_smile:

FWIW, I’m hosting Session 0 of a brand new online D&D game for my RealLife™ friends tonight, so I probably won’t be on this evening. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

hello.
i logged off , and savage steel updated.
now it says i have the wrong version.
please save me lol

2 Likes

Sheesh, it’s like not all mod authors are on the same time zone as us! How dare they update at 9pm, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, server’s updated now. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

By request of the players, added 2 additional mods.

First is a Quality of Life mod to help with placing stuff:
Amunet’s Placement Helper
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1693806019

Second is an original sorcery mod developed by one of our own players so that we can help @Waffle_Goblin test it out.
Low Fantasy Sorcery
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2050116417

1 Like

correct order?
keeps going to the mods page checking , it says ok , but im wondering if the order is different then what you have.

thanks and having fun!!!

2 Likes

Happy cake day @Larathiel

tumblr_mqbiwtQM6I1rdzocao5_400

5 Likes

Thanks @Narelle! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Happy birthday! :cake: :heart: :metal:

3 Likes

Thanky, @Zeb!

Larathiel blows out the candle and makes a wish :partying_face:

2 Likes

Happy Birthday!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday !

2 Likes

I looked here earlier and the Low Fantasy Sorcery mod was listed. Now it is gone. Is the server not using it anymore?

A good amount of players was complaining about lag issues, so it got temporarily removed along “Amunets placement helper”. It fixed the issues and Amunets mod has been readded along with a performance upgrade for the server. So far it has not been readded.

1 Like

As @Gavinrad says, after adding Anumet’s and Sorcery, the server started having severe and frequent CPU lag issues. Neither upgrading the server’s specs to max, nor demolishing bases in high-traffic, high population areas had any effect.

Once we removed those two mods, things went back to normal. After a few days like that, I re-added Anumet’s and it still remained normal. Therefore, we’ve left the sorcery mod off since that’s the only remaining variable that could have been causing those issues.

1 Like

1542016461_tumblr_inline_pi0kpjpi8N1tlk2rb_540

5 Likes

It’s like you knew I was composing a reply, didn’t you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Folks: I just made a fresh backup of the server in case there’s any issues with tomorrow’s patch where mods are concerned. If possible, I’ll also try to take one before restarting the server to apply the update, so there may be an extra unscheduled reboot in the morning, which I’ll do my best to announce in Discord. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here for the free weekend? New player eager to learn the building system?

Feel free to swing by! We’ve got a great core of experienced and friendly PvEers who can show you the ropes — new faces are always welcome! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got some updates for the server today.

At @Multigun’s recommendation, removed the outdated mod, Amunet’s Placement Helper, and replaced it with Less Building Placement Restrictions, and the Mod Control Panel (so that I can properly administer it).

Mod Control Panel
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1823412793

Less Building Placement Restrictions
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369743238

Your modlist should now look like this:
EDIT: See first post

In terms of LBPR settings, I’m starting out with these:

For now, I’m keeping most of the non-vanilla items disabled, with the following exceptions

• Only Admins allowed to built and place anywhere: I want to see if I can place a Currency Exchange in a more useful location in Sepermeru’s bazaar as opposed to where Mort currently resides.
  • Allow easier ground placement & Allow Placement on non-straight surfaces: This should hopefully make it easier for us to place signs and torches, etc. on natural surfaces.
  • Disable all custom LBPR building base overlaps: I’m keeping these enabled because most of us were annoyed when we could no longer overlap fence foundations with door frames, and found it pedantic that we could have walls on the faces of foundations, but only if we placed the walls down first.

I’m open to discussion on these and other settings, and if folks have thoughts on other mods to expand PvE gameplay, I’d like to hear them. I know @Narelle has had great praise for Warrior Mutator since it actually adds a reason to go out and farm the keystone/bracelet pieces over and over, but it has several versions and I’d like to get some feedback first.

3 Likes