Large water well gives back more than you spent

The large water well gives more back than you spent on it.
on .1x it costs 22 hardened bricks, 20 shaped wood, 22 steel reinforcements, but when you dismantle it you get back 84 hardened bricks, 75 shaped wood, and 84 steel reinforcements.
Tested on testlive 3.0, single player, 0 mods, .1x crafting cost. Tested without god mode/ no building costs

2 Likes

Can you post a screenshot? Are we talking about this:

On servers with reduced cost, it dismantles as if full cost giving free materials

Thanks. I misread your crafting costs as being x1 while you meant 0.1x.

Wait so placeables arent in the build menu?

Sadly, no

I saw it in both the hammer and the artisan table, just wanted to make sure i was doing it right

Are you in creative mode then?

I went into creative to check, but switched out of creative and used the artisan table to make the well. I saw the well in the build menu while i was in creative but i wasnt getting anything back from dismantling the well so i switched. Sorry if im being confusing

Thanks for clarifying. It is indeed helpful to specify what mode are you in when testing as they behave quite differently.

1 Like

Sorry i thought i added that in my original report, ill be more descriptive next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Isn’t default crafting costs 1.0x right? If your lowering the crafting coats down to 0.1x you should be getting back 0.1x amount

Yeah, thats the issue. Someone was saying you can dupe with this well on any server with lower crafting cost because it always returns the full cost of 1x, not the 0.1 i was on

3 Likes

Hi @purple and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We’ve passed this information over to the rest of the team for further investigation.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.