Lattice wall (half height) will not replace flotsam fence

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: US

Lattice wall (half height) will not replace flotsam fence.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Build a foundation
  2. Build and place a flotsam fence on the foundation
  3. Build and attempt to place a lattice wall (half height) to replace the flotsam fence
  4. Observe how it will go to other placements but will not provide the option to replace the flotsam fence

Though, upon second thought, arguably “not a bug” since I guess a wall (even half height) is not a fence and probably has a different item type.

Probably because it uses a wall as it’s BP parent (if I remember right).

2 Likes

while i think it would be nice to have a greater variety of fencing that is decorative vs defensive, I believe you are spot on with the reason the (half) wall doesn’t replace the fence.

On the other hand, the wall replaces the window frame which replaces the doorway, which replaces the wall…

if mods are an option for you (single player or running your own server and on pc), then there are some nice ones out there. Northern Timber comes to mind among others.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.