Leaks from the DevStream

I found it weird, because they first said there would be NPC vendors and mobs would drop coins but then they said the coins had no inherent value and the players would decide themselves which one would be worth more and how much they would be actually worth and that we would be able to craft money with silver and gold we could gather on the world but the only reason silver and gold work as money in real life is due to their rarity and limited offer, how are they going to accomplish this player regulated monetary system in a infinite resources world without leading to super-inflation that would leave new players completely unable to be a part of the market in older servers?

Sweet Mitra, that sentence had 126 words in it!!!

English aside, I think they’ve stepped back from that original vision. Joel said on the DevStream that the currency system is going to be “extremely… shallow…”

4 Likes

Yeah… punctuation was never my forte, I’m sorry, I hope I got my point across without causing your brain’s lungs too much trouble… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I consult in crypt coin IRL. The addition of blockchain and hash could ensure scalar resource loads for potential commodities.

1 Like

Does blockchain mean I would need to rent a dedicated server just to mine gold coins? :grinning:

1 Like

Did FC say anything about that Legendary weapons only were found in locked chests? And will different chests need different keys? And i guess different Legendaries will have different rarety? Would be cool to be able to craft one though. Like with fragments from all the bosses and the hardest places in the game. To represent a hard and timeconsuming end game feature. Its special ability could be bound to you and if someone take it, it looses its power and become a regular weapon. Just spinning some ideas here. Or maybe you need to forge special keys from the same idea. Be sure to bring that key before killing the bone dragon. :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s what I said in the stream, there will be super inflation and in the end players will use fiber bedrolls as currency.
I also don’t know how merchants will deal with us making our own coins…we can basically screw them over if they have no chance to adept to inflation. And if they adapt to inflation, then new players will never be able to buy anything.
What they need is two different curreny systems, one for pvp and one for pvnpc.

1 Like

@Krystavos Did FC say anything about that Legendary weapons only were found in locked chests? And will different chests need different keys? And i guess different Legendaries will have different rarety?

All chests will likely require ‘Skeleton Keys’. These can only be operated by a level 60 player.

Legendaries might have different rarity, but they are supposed to be of relatively equal strength.

@MoosGamesTV I also don’t know how merchants will deal with us making our own coins…we can basically screw them over if they have no chance to adept to inflation.

They probably just sell some basic things, like random thralls. Same as you could get yourself, if you have a wheel. The merchants will never run out of stock. If anything, the merchants are ■■■■■■■■ us over, because they have access to infinite thralls and they’re charging us for them!

1 Like

Well…maybe those thralls that they sold to us, will actually side with the Purge when they attack our castles…

We will see…I’m quick with the dagger, so they should either have good deals or face the same fate like endless NPCs before them. :wink:

3 Likes

WEEKLY COMMUNITY NEWSLETTER – ARMOR AND WEAPON REVAMPS
February 14, 2018 | jens

“Then, there are the Legendary Weapons. These can be found in specific chests hidden away around the map. Bosses will drop keys that you then use to unlock the chests. Legendary Weapons are broken when you find them, requiring you to use a Repair Kit. Once it’s been repaired you can use it to your heart’s content”

i like this plan more comparing it to “legendary is broken for good after durability is depleted”

DEVS? you gave us 2 different opinions in short time, what is the final solution for legendary weapons?

2 Likes

Hi, in the stream on Friday you say you want to test the Purge this week, can we get some info about this maybe?
Like can they also destroy Vaults or just Buildings and what happens to a Base build on a high Mountain, can they reach it?
Or is this a big surprise^^