Legendary chests bugging out and can't be opened

**Game mode: Online official
**Type of issue:Bug
**Server type: PvE-Conflict
**Region: [EU]

[Describe the bug here]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Go to Boundary Spillway legendary chest at H8 low left
  2. I can loot the chest several times totally fine and chest disappear, but after some time, atleast once a day it starts bugging out.
  3. I noticed when it was bugged once early morning, it was ok after the server restarted, it wont fix itself after bugged.
    4:It also happen at E7 top middle at the oasis legendary chest.
1 Like

I farmed the black rhino this evening for the second time in a bit over 30 minutes, and the same thing happened to me. No reaction from the box at all.

I don’t know if this will help you, but a quick relog to/from the main menu allowed me to access the box.

Regards

jim

Yes, relog activates it again, same happen at legendary chest at G10 down right, no response so i guess this is happening to all the chests. So i guess it must be passed to the trello board so they can fix it

1 Like

Possibly, let’s see who else chimes in.

Regards

jim

@Fixi, I had this happen twice yesterday and wanted to share both experiences.

On the first, the box would not open. I verified the key was in my inventory, then relogged. The chest disappeared.

I went back later to the same box and it was there and it opened blank, zero items. Frustrated, I whacked it a few times with my pike and all of a sudden, I got a preview window of a weapon in the container. I opened it and retrieved the legendary.

???

Regards

jim

1 Like

Hello, do you recall if you used ESC or E to exit the chest inventory?

There was an older issue with loot chests that only seemed to occur when the ESC key was used, so this one might be related.

1 Like

Hugo, as far as my experience, I always use “E” to close all chests. “E” is bound to ‘left-rock-mousewheel’ on a Logitech mouse through the Logitech software.

The only time I escape out of a container is to avoid a bug (known) where empty NPC lootboxes will not close using “E”.

Not that I think it matters, but for completeness the chest is located at TeleportPlayer -235502.703125 116033.984375 -3628.772705.

Regards

jim

1 Like

Again, same chest. It would not open. I verified the key was in my inventory, but this time instead of re-logging, I hit it several times with my pike. It opened then.

Try a little bit of damage?

Although it may be tempting, avoid doing this at home :wink:

Regards

jim

I never tryed on legendary chest, but sometimes with other regular chests (like the one in darfari’s villages providing corruption powder) when they have this bug we destroy them, usually at next spawn they’re fixed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.