Legendary Shield Not Giving Journey Step for Weapons

Game mode: [Single-player]
Type of issue: [ Bug ]
Server type: [Single-player]
Region: [USA-West]

[Finding an equipping the Black Tusk Shield doesn’t complete the journey step for finding/equipping a Legendary Weapon]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. You have to have not completed the journey step for finding/equipping a legendary weapon.
    2.Loot the Unnamed City. Either defeat bosses or just loot unguarded chests.
    3.Get lucky and find the Black Tusk Shield. I found mine on day 1 in the chest under the bridge next to the Aviary.
  2. Equip the shield.

Since shields are technically weapons with only the rare instance of a legendary shield adding to armor shouldn’t the journey step for finding/equipping a legendary weapon be completed?

I don’t know if this “glitch” applies to all legendary shields.

Thanks for the great game!

I believe that’s because a shield is classified as “armor” and not a weapon. That’s why shields are crafted at the Armorer’s bench and not the blacksmith bench.

I thought that might be the case but it doesn’t complete the journey step for legendary armor either.

I also noticed that shields are not considered a weapon or armor.

Weapons are only … weapons. And armors are only pieces that can be equipped in the character’s menu.

1 Like

Hey @Technicolorfool

We’ll send note to our team about this to see if it’s intended, but we’d imagine it is as @Bodin pointed out.
Thanks for the feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.