Legendary weapons (from chests) are now USELESS

Now with sorcery we could add a legendary effect of our choice. A ritual to empower the weapon. Something costly, but nice. A trade off of sorts, maybe.

True! Still except the ancient pike nothing else is worthy to fix with steel if I am not mistaken. The upgrade from steel to hardened steel is extremely easy and very rewarding in many cases. Imagine that silent legion weapons need just hardened steel and they hit really hard.
If you share just one day with me in a pve server, give me a Sunday from your time please :pray:t6:

2 Likes

And dragonbone, @stelagel . Easy to get and makes awesome gear.

3 Likes

I don’t really bother chest legendaries anymore, only to dismantle them for star metal.

Usually I use the following crafted weapons:

• star metal, acheronian, ancient lemurian and venom infused axes
  • black ice broadsword and throwing axe
  • obsidian mace and hammer (obsidian have a slightly higher AP compared to star metal)
  • obsidian and ancient, venom infused pikes
  • khari, venom-infused and obsidian daggers, Daggers of Dagon
  • Teliths sorrow, dragonbone 2 handed sword
  • khari and star metal bows (very rarely use them)
  • star metal short sword + any high end arrow I find and snake/poison arrows

Plus some religious items such as the Tenderizer, Zatithe spear, Claws of Jhebbal Sag. Way easier to obtain them, for some you don’t even need to be max. level, and stats can be varied depending on the blacksmith/carpenter you have. And none of them is RNG.

4 Likes

thats what im talking about - good source of star metal before you reach the norse

2 Likes

Day one! Go straight to the jungle, dive to the south underwater chests and gather gold and silver coins. As soon as you have 50 gold coins, maximum an hour, go to buccaneers Bay, buy an alchemist and spiced foal!
At the time you wait the chests to refill kill the spiders with darfari axe and daggers! As soon you’ll get your first legendary you kill the spiders faster…
Place a furnace somewhere, anywhere you like, jungle is full of Iron and coal!
In four hours maximum you have a small base an alchemist and explosive orbs.
Hour 5 you have star metal in your base and maybe you are already level 60!
If you focus your gaming in just this, you can do it!
But certainly it won’t take you more than 8 gaming hours if you do it for the first time!
Gathering star metal is easier than many think it is!

1 Like

What i would like to see are proper weapons/armor as rewards for dungeons, bosses and so on. They are so underwhelming compared to the trouble to get them. And i don’t mean that every dungeon or boss should drop the most powerful weapons but a better compensation would be nice. I mean 100 pearls for a sword that is never going to get used because it’s so trash? Give me a break.

3 Likes

That same dungeon has an axe, daggers. And healing potion recipe that are all about the best craftable options in the game. Along with the advanced fish traps.

How much more do you need? If one dungeon had the best of everything you would have no reason to run any of the other dungeons.

2 Likes

Could you give us some examples?

I couldn’t say it better!

I do understand that legendary weapons, some of them, lost their glamor! I say some of them because there were some that didn’t worth it from the very beginning!
People must feel rewarded that they are able to create better weapons than the legendaries!
I cannot understand the complaint to this one? In order to get a legendary weapon you have to be maximum 15 level to endure the fight with stone weapons, maybe less!
You cannot have the ancient lemurian axe lvl 40, not even level 59, you have to be 60!
You cannot have the materials, the blacksmith and the benches from day one to fix a lemurian axe beast! So it is fair the way it is. What we should ask is some extra things that make the legendary more useful and stop comparing them with normal weapons. I do respect that we have a hammer that weights nothing, give me less stamina loss on use, it weights nothing!
Give me stun, stagger, things that other weapons cannot give. Make them more special yes, they are useless HELL NO

2 Likes

My son’s Telith’s Sorrow has now been reskinned as The Annihilator. He loved it. :smile:
At least I had a use for it beyond decorating a wall.
Blessed be the transmog. You should see how my thralls look now, Stelios! :star_struck::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@MarcosC
Transmog rules :metal:. I am pretty sure your thralls are awesome, upload a photo on share your shelter please :pray:t6:

1 Like

I will, @stelagel . I built a sandstone village. I don’t have many thralls yet (like 10 or so) but today I caught a few t4 crafters. I have 3 Fias though… crazy rng.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.