Legions of Hyboria PVP-RP PS4

LOHPVPRP

The Legions of Hyboria is a massive RP server that goes a couple steps further into role play than some of the other servers Ive visited. I have combined three elements of RP into the Legions, modeled after a few role play games Ive enjoyed over time.

• Strategy - Ive taken the strategy of games like Sid Meyers, Civilization and added RP structure to the rise of a kingdom in Conan Exiles, making building a kingdom look and feel natural to the surrounding areas. All kingdom builds go through a 4 Tier process to mimic the natural progression of a rising kingdom. Village, Town, City and finally Kingdom. No server wipes means there is a rich history to the lands. I have built an economy different from most other servers. My economy is able to inflate and deflate by a percentage to handle the availability of loot-able gold in the land. Unlike IRL, my inflation will affect all aspects of the economy at one time so wages will always be proportionate to the cost of the materials or items they are weighed against. I adjust the economy to keep the price feeling realistic to whats available. We are at a pretty sustainable rate right now. Use this economy as leverage in certain political situations along the side of force or alliances and treaties. Personally I feel PVP is in a barbaric state, which is fitting of Conan Exiles, but I see PVP as something more. With a solid foundation PVP can be devious and build up to some very interesting end game situations. PVP that effects so many aspects of the world that’s being created. This server is in no way anti PVP. But sensible and strategic PVP is what we ask here.

• RPG - Influenced by typical Stand Alone RPGs like Skyrim and Fallout, I have created a framework that allows players to create their own events, quests and story lines for other players to engage. The server will sponsor a players event or quest with rewards while taking the author through a type of leveling system as well, where better rewards are sponsored as the quest givers levels rise, making the players quests the quests to play for good loot. NPCs, I feel, are bound by dialog options where people are not. This opens more choices for you and for me as we build the framework for your ideas to fit seamlessly within the scope of this server and your quests or events will breath as people engage them. Our quest model will typically require all citizens to help in one way or the other. We hold a festival, inviting out of town merchants or vendors to set up a booth near the start of the quest. Other types of entertainment could be going on as well. The kingdoms are separated in a way on discord that this type of exposure is good for that player in real terms. Players buy a ticket and change gear, then proceed to where the quest giver is. Real dialog is used here so a good back story is a plus, we help with that too if need be, from there its up to you but your kingdom makes some money that could go a long way with that economy mentioned above. It also brings fame that holds actual value within the scope of RP. This has many ramifications on other aspects of the kingdom as well. Fame is real here and supported in a logical way on the discord.

• Dungeons and Dragons style DM - Finally I have added the Dungeon Master aspect of Dungeon and Dragons to the background of the game. I do not play Conan Exiles as my very presence breaks the role play. Instead I monitor the RP of every player on the game server. The RP aspects of Conan Exiles are all managed through an RP friendly discord server. There’s many aspects to the discord server to help reduce any meta-gaming. That is another topic in itself. By acting as DM I am able take a players RP and apply a Humanity Score to them. This too is another topic. The Humanity Score is a leveling system designed to reward the RP a player engages in. The levels increase and points are spent to gain perk cards to reduce the harvesting grind and free up time to manage one of 13 vocations, role play their character and not beat on stones for hours.
    There are of course many other aspects to the Legions of Hyboria that I hope to be discussing. This is my first forum!!! So Ill need a small adjustment period to better understand how these things work. Shouldn’t take long… Its bound by rules. If you’ve read this far and are interested to see all the other things we have going on, or would like to see the structure itself, you would need only play the game long enough to settle in the land, thereby assigning you to one of the only two kingdoms on the map. You have a choice in where you build but as of the naming of the Kingdom of Haven, the map borders are split in two and you will no doubt be a citizen of one of those two kingdoms, unless you decide to raise your own kingdom and break the borders, giving you your own land, your own laws, your own history, your own customs, your own language if you want. Ill help make it happen. And this is all not as simple as to say “I am a kingdom on D:13.” Come find out why…

Can I get a discord link? Says expired

1 Like