Let’s discuss raids

Where do you think the majority of Online Raiding is happening? Definitely not officials. Officials are HORRIBLE metrics for Online Raiding.

PC privates can mod whatever they want, so I don’t really consider them when I’m talking about balance.

Plus privates can just turn on DBD so why aren’t you discussing it in their Discord or whatever they got? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The battle I mentioned had no mods installed.

I’m not saying they had, I’m saying why are you even discussing DBD here if you wanna play privates and FC has no say in whether the private of your choice turns it on?

Even if FC decides to turn on DBD on officials your private could still keep it of, so why aren’t you discussing with them?

And why do you care about the servers FC has a say in, if you don’t want to play on them anyway?

Well for us that are not on at optimum times, this will just make it PVE-C. Open up to 24/7 raid time is another way to handle this. An armed society is a polite one.

1 Like

Balance changes on officials have a direct affect on unofficials. So I have a very vested interest in that.

Besides this is an open forum. I can comment on any subject I feel like. That’s my decision, not yours.

Yeah but stuff that aren’t valid on officials (like above 40 players) obviously shoudn’t be a factor in balancing officials.

And I have to make the disclaimer that I don’t know how to mod, but I do know a bit about coding and I have seen stuff from the dev kit. Damage values etc are pretty much just a spreadsheet.

I don’t get why someone don’t just make a balance mod. Seems super simple. Then servers can use someones standard or balance it however they want (or just don’t include nerfs/buffs they don’t like).

I have no idea why people who will never touch officials anyway care so much a balance they can just change.

Well, I played on PS4 before PC and you can still do it if you’re in a team and one person places the bombs and another uses arrows to detonate them.

It’s really annoying to deal with.

Your best bet is to rush the archer but they’re often located somewhere that’s hard to access.

A placement animation would prevent this strat I think.

Not every private server uses mods.

my clan of three already can…and many of players have. The system can’t “activate” all 100 AI, not possible without sluggish system effects. Ever watch thralls in an npc camp, alot will aggro, but half the time some just stare into infinity in spurts.

And with 24/7 raid (online) bring back 24/7 thrall activation. This way, people could cull your herd. and with event log you k ow who is coming for you based in the exterior thrall kills.

1 Like

True. Baby steps. DbD with 1 hour cool down. See how that works.

1 Like

But where are you getting those mats to repair…from farming during non raid time. 24/7 starts reducing the free farm hours. Again, start with DbD, but can always start adjusting things once we see how that goes.

Attackers also have to farm bombs :slight_smile:

I don’t mind DBD as a first step, but it won’t make it anywhere near balanced alone imo.

Then make your own server that do lol.

nah joking, but that’s what I hear every time I argue about officials. Make your own server with your own rules. So it’s kinda funny to hear someone on privates saying, no FC should make the rules.

I think that is best. First step…make offline an uneffexient way to raid.

If servers start t o populate, then start working tweaks of hp and dmg, as well as other things.

2 Likes

The ones who needed macros for this were bad tbh. It was easy to perform, once you figured the right angles.

And the combo was: throw axe THEN place bomb :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.