Let's talk about encumbrance

STR gives 2% damage per point. It used to give 1.5dmg flat. This is why Biggins said its not worth it at lower levels. 25 STR on an iron weapon is alot less of a bonus than on a hardened steel weapon.

I mean if you’re in a Tier 1 area and somehow got your hands on a high tier weapon, by all means go full STR. You’ll be two shotting nearly everyone you meet. But if you’re just using Iron, it might be better for another stat.

you need to have salt the wound in pvp…even at low level…and you need a basic amount of vitality as well…this leaves very little to no room for encumbrance…it’s not even that there needs to be more encumbrance per se…just that medium teir armor shouldn’t take up 68% of your carry weight…that’s just my opinion though.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily disagree… it would be nice for them to bring the weight of the whole medium set down by maybe 20%. We’ll see if it actually happens. I think they will have more info after about a month after release as they see how players roll. I’ll use the medium exile set for the +5 encumbrance while exploring and thrall farming at lower levels, and go with the exile light while farming for the same bonus. At higher levels I roll higher encumbrance by default and then go with armors for strength, agility, or vitality bonus depending on what I am doing for pvp.